F1 2012 Solution to understeer!

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello everyone, after playing a couple of hours to F1 2012, with all assist off except for gearbox in automatic, it was really hard keep the car on the track in some spins, and after watching a lot of real F1 videos, and some F1 2012 game videos on youtube, I found that in those videos the the were not playing in automatic but manual.
So the thing is that in automatic takes much more time when down shifting and takes more time to reduce velocity, so the car slides a lot in turns.
What I try was to play with manual gear box, so i could make the down shifting faster, and guess what, the understeer was gone!!!

I think that that is what may be happing to all who have that problem, try to play with manual gear box :)

Sorry for my english :)

F1 2011 now feels like a rally game whereas F1 2012 demonstrates the precision required in driving these things.

You can do crap and nail everything to your car in '11, takes some getting used to, a few hundred laps in a balanced track and you're set to go for 2012.

I currently (by Racenet, the top 130 something in Suzuka with all assists off, and I think that's a good start for someone who played the game with less than 15 hours)

I am just 7+ seconds away from Vettel's 2011 quali pole!

The solution to my understeer issue is for my to chop off my lead foot because it's an arse sometimes, but that's not really applicable. :laugh:

Just bad feel for the brakes (it's worst at some tracks than others, no problem in Australia or Singapore for example), but on other tracks i'm very tentative on the brakes, sometimes i release it too early and overshoot the corner, next lap i go too hard or too deep and lock up.

Just feels very alien to me for some reason, i can sacrifice speed for feel going with medium brake pressure, but it's too much, i have to brake almost 30 meters earlier.

And stop bringing up F1 2011 cause i haven't played that crap in six months or more, it has nothing to do with it.

What? I tried TT in Monaco in an attempt to learn how the F do I keep slamming the walls in Spa (which was my favorite track in 2011)

I went slower than usual, 2012 has differentiated mechanical and aero grip. It's for the good of the simulation.

Try turning on the racing line, they give the best estimation of what speed and angle to attack a turn, then complain.

Can I complain here about my lead foot though? :D

[youtube]
sorry man, i was too angry with the game cause i wasn't to familiar with the new setups, but now i can surely say it's the best damn game i've ever driven... and the learning curve is fantastic. cheers mate

Took me a while to adjust. I do like it, but I feel that the braking is still not strong enough. Otherwise, I am much happier to see more realistic lap times. I guess if they let you brake later and more realistically the lap times would again be much too low.

So the overall tip here is to slow down enough, to keep control of the car and not slide out of the corner... which is fine, if one keeps overshooting corners.
I however usually suffer from the "other" side of the problem - if I get distracted (which isn't that hard to do) then sure, I miss the braking point and go wide, but most of the times I brake just fine... Or even TOO fine. From my few online races I learned that the other people somehow can take corners/chicanes while carrying quite a lot more speed than me, while I barely squeeze through between the apexes and the grass.
So... just how much is "enough" while braking? :unsure:

What's the highest ranking you've done on any time trial?
What I did on 2011 and 2012 was bump up the difficulty a notch, and then attempt to just follow the pack.

Lo and behold, I beat my previousd wimpy Intermediate qualifying time with a meager legendary (16th++) race pace (that's waaay off the fastest lap of the AI)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.