So where is the promised BMW m6 gt3...?

BMW probably doesn't want it in AC anymore. It is marketing for them. The change from the Z4 to the M6 got them a heavy pig that wasn't that competitive, and now the entire line of 6-series is out (the street cars).

Spy shots of a new M8 GTE are already here.
https://www.google.com/search?q=m8+...nA3-vYAhWkSN8KHadoAeYQsAQIKA&biw=1430&bih=892

It's really too bad. BMW's F12 platform was a little odd, wrongly priced and kinda useless (street version), but I bet the AC model is already finished inside Kunos and they can't release it anymore. Useless maybe, but fun? I bet.

That the M6 GT3 will not be released as planned and they're looking to work with BMW on something else has been mentioned briefly in these two interviews (as far as I can remember, I haven't watched them again) months ago.

Also... they don't owe us content. They planned it and plans changed. Why not be happy that we got cars and a full laserscanned track for free.

BMW probably doesn't want it in AC anymore. It is marketing for them. The change from the Z4 to the M6 got them a heavy pig that wasn't that competitive, and now the entire line of 6-series is out (the street cars).

Spy shots of a new M8 GTE are already here.
https://www.google.com/search?q=m8+...nA3-vYAhWkSN8KHadoAeYQsAQIKA&biw=1430&bih=892

It's really too bad. BMW's F12 platform was a little odd, wrongly priced and kinda useless (street version), but I bet the AC model is already finished inside Kunos and they can't release it anymore. Useless maybe, but fun? I bet.
M6 won Spa 24h. Also some Blancpain races. It's harsh to say it wasn't competitive. Obviously GT3 field is much more competitive now. And there is no heavy pigs in the GT3 field. Homologation weight difference of Z4 and M6 is 60kg.

BMW went for Bentley style approach which has been successful. 8-series coupe is successor of 6-series so M8 will follow this same pattern as we have seen from GTE version. M6 has still a lot of racing to do because M8 GT3 is coming in 2020.

I've got an F13 BMW M6 and, trust me, it's far from "kinda useless". How can a 560hp twin turbo V8-powered coupe with a computer-controlled variable diff be "useless"? :)

Seriously, it's the best car I've ever had - even better than my old V10-powered E63 M6 or my Audi TT RS. It's basically a German Camaro. Really easy to drift with the TC/SC off. It must have the flattest torque curve known to man.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back