Confirmed: BMW M6 GT3 Coming to Assetto Corsa in 2017

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa BMW-M6-GT3-6.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the stunning new BMW M6 GT3 will be coming to the Assetto Corsa racing simulation in 2017. Today's announcement brings and end to recent speculation regarding the possibility of the BMW car list receiving an update towards the end of this year.

With the ageing Z4 ending its competitive life last season, BMW entered with the new M6 GT3 and the car has received rave reviews for the unparalleled handling of the new chassis. Already seeing some success on the racetrack, the new M6 has very quickly taken over where the Z4 left off and finds itself at the sharp end of many a GT3 field. Powered by a 4.4-litre V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, the power train has dry sump lubrication and generates up to 585 hp – with the whole car weighing less than 1,300 kilograms.

By way of the official Assetto Corsa Twitter account, the guys over at Kunos have confirmed the M6 will be making an appearance in Assetto Corsa during 2017. No details on when a release can be expected, or indeed if it will be a free standalone car or part of a larger DLC bundle, but keep your eyes peeled at RaceDepartment and we'll let you know as soon as more news is available.

In other news, Stefano Casillo has shared a preview image of the improvements made to reflection quality in the upcoming version of the sim (see below). The visual tweaks coupled with potentially significant gains in performance can only mean good news for fans of the Assetto Corsa.

Assetto Corsa 1.8 Reflections preview.jpg

In the above image we see reflections from the current version of the game (1.8 below compared to 1.7.5 above).

Check out the Assetto Corsa RaceDepartment sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos premium racing simulation. Also don't forget to check out our substantial modding forum for downloads, modding discussions, add on cars and tracks as well as many useful additions to the Italian sim.

RaceDepartment hold regular racing events for a wide variety of skills, head on over to the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club to check out the many events we have available to join today!

Looking forward to see what improvements come in 1.8? Do you like the new BMW M6? Would you like to see more GT3 cars in game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
nice .. I hope they get the sound right ... love that whine with deeper rumble .. R3E version would be probably joy to listen but even in AC the BMP Z4 GT3 is one of better and this is similiar .. finger crossed .. #imready :)

I'm sure it's a nice racer, and great to get it to AC, but I like the looks of Z4 much more. M6 looks quite boring to me.
But the more complete gt3 grid the better for sure.

Woohoo! Higher resolution reflection look great as well. Hopefully they nail the turbo whine on this baby, because it sounds amazing when going full power. It doesn't have the roar of the Z4's V8, but has this more sophisticated rumble to it.

2017?! I want it now God Damn It! :laugh:

Unless it's part of a GT3 Blancpain Mega Pack, then they'll be forgiven...:)

Interesting the reflection changes, it's very subtle but I see what they've done, looks good :thumbsup:
well with M6 confirmation Marco said that there will be no Bentley licence and no Aston Martin for now (or perhaps no Aston in AC1 .. don`t remember) .. so no GT3 Mega Pack :)

well with M6 confirmation Marco said that there will be no Bentley licence and no Aston Martin for now (or perhaps no Aston in AC1 .. don`t remember) .. so no GT3 Mega Pack :)

Yeah that's the thing really isn't it. That's why I like groups like URD so much. If it wasn't for them I couldn't do WEC style races on Assetto Corsa. With problems like licences it's always a little bit of give and take. Yes you have groups of modders who recreate the cars but sometimes the quality can be poor (never had any issues with RD supplied cars though). All depends on the amount of effort gone into creating it.

Looking forwards to an official BMW M6 GT3 though :):thumbsup:

That's very good news because we will have a full line up of newest GT3's available, that is if video in Porsche announcement is correct and one of the packs will contain GT3 R.

So that means:

Ferrari 488 (exclusive to AC atm)
Lambo Huracan (exclusive to AC atm)
Porsche 911 GT3 R* (will most likely be present in AC only)
McLaren 650S
Mercedes AMG
Audi R8 (coming 2017)
BMW M6 (coming 2017)

Too bad there will be no Bentley, which is pretty new (so it will be the only one missing), and it is a shame about Aston, even though V12 Vantage GT3 is a little old by now, I would still like to see it in the game, to complete already huge line up of previous generation GT3's. And to have a V12 of course.

We still have Ford GT3 and Gallardo incoming at some point.

EDIT: Also I don't suppose we will be getting NSX GT3 any time soon, and probably we will not see Callaway Corvette.

Last edited:
Marco confirmed much, much more than just that yesterday during Stefano's live stream.
Stop teasing and tell something more :)

Some notes from the stream.

• Ferrari FXX K, Ferrari 488 GTB, Praga R1, Audi A1 S1 will be released in a DLC alongside the console release for a small price.
  • Historic Monza with banking will be released with 1.8
  • Three Porsche DLC, release beginning September with Porsche Volume 1
  • 24 Porsche coming, three of them will be released for free
  • Confirmed Porsche so far (with some new ones mentioned on stream): Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015, Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016 (sic), Porsche 935-78 "Moby Dick" 1978, Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 1974, Porsche 917/30 Spyder 1973, Porsche Cayman GT4 ClubSport 2016, Porsche 911 Carrera Cup, Porsche 718 2016 (likely Boxster S), Porsche Panamera II 2017, Porsche 911 Carrera S 2016
  • Season pass to get all three together for a cheaper price is in the plans (depends on Steam)
  • Silverstone 1967 released for free before the end of the year.
  • Another DLC scheduled for release this year
  • New laserscanned track to be released this year, confirmed to be one of the popular tracks of a recent unrelated community vote
  • BMW M6 GT3, Audi R8 LMS 2016 and Toyota TS040 confirmed for release early 2017
  • At least one new manufacturer in 2017
  • Another free fictional location like Black Cat County set somewhere like Tuscany or Scotland is likely
  • They have the laserscan of what's left for a historic Spa-Fancorchamps but it'd be too resource and time-intensive (six months job) to build it currently
  • All GT3 cars should be updated to tyre model 10 with 1.8
  • Improved reflections and shadows for 1.8
  • Larger performance increase with 1.8 possible if it goes through testing
  • Working on improved blue flag functionality and penalties (in MP at least) for 1.8
  • Custom championships hopefully to be released with 1.8
  • Alfa Romeo Tipo 33, Lotus 3-Eleven, Maserati MC12 GT1 in development
  • Audi R18 e-tron quattro, Audi TT Cup, McLaren P1 GTR, McLaren 570S, Toyota GT-86 GT4 still in the works
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia, McLaren 570S GT4 possible in the future
Edit: forgot listing the Porsche 911 Carrera S 2016 we also know about from the teasers

Last edited:
That's very good news because we will have a full line up of newest GT3's available, that is if video in Porsche announcement is correct and one of the packs will contain GT3 R.

So that means:

Ferrari 488 (exclusive to AC atm)
Lambo Huracan (exclusive to AC atm)
Porsche 911 GT3 R* (will most likely be present in AC only)
McLaren 650S
Mercedes AMG
Audi R8 (coming 2017)
BMW M6 (coming 2017)

Too bad there will be no Bentley, which is pretty new (so it will be the only one missing), and it is a shame about Aston, even though V12 Vantage GT3 is a little old by now, I would still like to see it in the game, to complete already huge line up of previous generation GT3's. And to have a V12 of course.

EDIT: Also I don't suppose we will be getting NSX GT3 any time soon, and probably we will not see Callaway Corvette.

The Nissan GT-R GT3 is also in AC.

I doubt we will ever see the Gallardo GT3 in AC, there are so many licensed cars from years ago that haven't been put into the game and I doubt some of them ever will.

Some notes from the stream.

• Ferrari FXX K, Ferrari 488 GTB, Praga R1, Audi A1 S1 will be released in a DLC alongside the console release for a small price.
  • Historic Monza with banking will be released with 1.8
  • Three Porsche DLC, release beginning September with Porsche Volume 1
  • 24 Porsche coming, three of them will be released for free
  • Confirmed Porsche so far (with some new ones mentioned on stream): Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015, Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016 (sic), Porsche 935-78 "Moby Dick" 1978, Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 1974, Porsche 917/30 Spyder 1973, Porsche Cayman GT4 ClubSport 2015, Porsche 911 Carrera Cup, Porsche 718 2016 (likely Boxster S), Porsche Panamera II 2017
  • Season pass to get all three together for a cheaper price is in the plans (depends on Steam)
  • Silverstone 1967 released for free before the end of the year.
  • Another DLC scheduled for release this year
  • New laserscanned to be released this year, confirmed to be one of the popular tracks of a recent unrelated community vote
  • BMW M6 GT3, Audi R8 LMS 2016 and Toyota TS040 confirmed for release early 2017
  • At least one new manufacturer in 2017
  • Another free fictional location like Black Cat County set somewhere like Tuscany or Scotland is likely
  • They have the laserscan of what's left for a historic Spa-Fancorchamps but it'd be too resource and time-intensive (six months job) to build it currently
  • All GT3 cars should be updated to tyre model 10 with 1.8
  • Improved reflections and shadows for 1.8
  • Larger performance increase with 1.8 possible if it goes through testing
  • Working on improved blue flag functionality and penalties (in MP at least) for 1.8
  • Custom championships hopefully to be released with 1.8
  • Alfa Romeo Tipo 33, Lotus 3-Eleven, Maserati MC12 GT1 in development
  • Audi R18 e-tron quattro, Audi TT Cup, McLaren P1 GTR, McLaren 570S, Toyota GT-86 GT4 still in the works
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia, McLaren 570S GT4 possible in the future

Oh boy, I'm so excited with so many of this news that I don't even know where to begin... Thanks for this summary.

No Aston Martin and Bentley, (as well as Bugatti, Lancia, Koenigsegg, Peugeot, Subaru, NASCAR, WTCC, Le Mans, Sebring, Suzuka) is a bummer, but... I can very well see this change if the sim does well through the rest of this and next year. A successful console release and the Porsche DLC surely will allow them some more leeway. Stuff like that is never set in stone. For now there's a ton of stuff on the horizon, there should be something for everyone in the works. I'm pretty happy with how this is going. :)

Yeah that's the thing really isn't it. That's why I like groups like URD so much. If it wasn't for them I couldn't do WEC style races on Assetto Corsa. With problems like licences it's always a little bit of give and take. Yes you have groups of modders who recreate the cars but sometimes the quality can be poor (never had any issues with RD supplied cars though). All depends on the amount of effort gone into creating it.

Looking forwards to an official BMW M6 GT3 though :):thumbsup:
yep .. myself not being fan of modded cars I don`t really care about URD .. but there is a lot of GT3s to fill big grid, so no problem with it .. you just can`t have blancpain without Bentley 7 and 8 :) but I`m happy with R3E version and what we have/gona have in AC is more than enough

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back