FM4 So do we want to start a Forza4 vs GT5 comparison here?

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
I think we all are mature enough here to do it without a flame war. So who is first? @Moderators: if you feel this is not a good idea,please accept my apologies and delete this thread.

Well argued Skazz. I own both and I use controllers for both. Rather than go into detail I will list some of the things that bug me in each game, of which a few you have already covered.

Controller - I don't know what it is - me or PS3 controller, or even the way game has been set up, but I just cannot compete in PS3 against wheel users. Much happier slapping around tracks in FM4 and even if I cannot beat I can at least get close to (some) wheel users. That's probably just me?

Damage system - online I found that GT5 full damage was race destroying - slight touching would put wheels out of action = race over for me - this is where I believe steering wheel users have an edge in being to continue racing with similar damage as they can compensate for the resulting sideways drift more easily.

Car set-up - GT5 more options imo. The only downside being the fact that you cannot untune as in FM4 and have to start a new car from scratch to achieve a lower spec.

Rewards system - on single player too slow to gain money in GT5 unless you race online challenges or remote race - then it is almost too easy! GT5 - too easy to supertune car and walk through some races.

Car physics - no expert here I'm afraid but I think GT5 is probably more realistic as I find it harder! Tyre selection is most obvious in terms of grip. ;)

I played FM3 to death and bought a PS3 just for GT5. Played that for ages but since FM4 came out I haven't touched the PS3 let alone GT5. As they say "it's horses for courses", by which they mean it all comes down to personal choice/preference. I have enjoyed both games - FM4 has an edge purely based on my online racing experience which is what I signed up to race department for in the first place.

Remember I'm no expert so please feel free to set me straight when it comes to my lack of technical knowledge ....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back