simucube 2 pro which version

I'm no expert but went with the R1. It was a bit cheaper and has two power supplies that most people seem to consider to be of higher quality then the single one used on the R2, though they have done what I consider to be through testing of the new single power supply to ensure its specs are suitable for the SC2 Pro. For me, the extra power supply was no problem as I am just mounting them to the uprights of my monitor stand. The R1 will still have the updated external wireless antenna which has been perfect for me so far. I use a Asher Racing wireless button box with it and it always seems to have signal at or around 100% and has never missed a shift in 100ish hours I have on it so far. It was good to see that they paid attention to early reviews and updated the wireless with the external antenna. Maybe the new power supply is another improvement, I'm sure it make sense for various reasons, but I'm happy with my R1.

Upvote 0
Before we discuss this further do have a source for a R1?

I thought they were discontinued, my SC2 pro from black Friday is R2.

And i can´t find fault with it, even when wrestling the Cobra on high FFB ;)

just one small glitch, the plug for the wireless antenna was loose.
But that was easy to remedy.

SO: do it and have fun!!

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for guiding me
I am new to the racing world
so I read that there are no differences between the 2 versions
you also suggest me the r2
I take the r2
thanks

Upvote 0
after a month of research the preferences are these
P1-X sim racing cockpit - Black | SIM-LAB (sim-lab.eu)
Sparco Evo QRT II | SIM-LAB (sim-lab.eu)
Sim Pedals Sprint Combo Kit • Heusinkveld
GT3 racing simulator steering wheel — Precision Sim Engineering
Simucube 2 PRO | Virtual Racing Store
vr reverb g2 ordered today

the part that i'm very iffy is the accessories
I would like to place an order without mistakes with all the right accessories
I thank you again for your patience and I apologize for my writing

Upvote 0
100% .... I really don't need it
Peak torque determines near-instantaneous responses AKA slew rate.
Sparco Evo QRT II | SIM-LAB (sim-lab.eu)
Have you sat in this seat for a long time?
A racing seat should literally fit better than a glove, since gloves are more yielding.
FWIW, I have no negative information about that seat and expect it is of high quality,
but it took many months to choose a seat that fit,
then manufacturing changes invalidated that choice.
The final selection still needed tweaks until, tightly strapped in,
I could completely relax and focus on driving.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
actually the seat has not been tried so I don't know
yes the sessions will be long
the seat where he rests his ass is 39cm
I measured the seat of a nomarle kitchen chair and 40 cm
my thighs come out a little I have no ass so I gain a bit of space
what seat do you use?

Upvote 0
I use a (road car) Recaro Sportster CS which I "gravity formed" over 400.000 kms.
So plainly speaking a takeout from an old car.
It has a steel frame with plastik inserts which carry the bolstering. Basically it formed "around me".

The EVO QRT II is a full bucket seat, so it won´t form around you, its rather rigid.
It has to be to comply to FIA safety regulations.

As long as you physically fit between the bolsters thats all you can achieve with a bucket seat.
If you should experience a sore butt or backpain that could be remedied with custom bolstering/pillows made locally.

As Blekenbleu rightfully stated a "good sunday paper read" in the shop for longtime testsitting would be best.
But at least here in Germany this will not be possible for the foreseeable future, they are cranking up the lockdown once again.

Looking at comfort a "sport seat" a la Sparco R333 would be the safer option, the big guys (like me) can place theyr thighs on top of the bolsters.
But in conjunction with the Heusinkveld Sprints it may not be rigid enough.
The high possible brakeforces will show every little bit of slack in seat and mounting.

Something I will have to adress shortly in my well used seat.

If you will "need" a handbrake and a sequential shifter is a question only you can answer.
At least you are well equipped when a rally stage "happens" to come along.
I personally would opt for a H pattern shifter, but thats my nostalgia speaking.
And a completely different buyers guide.

When looking at wheels keep in mind that Simucube has a sophisticated wireless system.
In my eyes in this price range a wireless wheel would be preferable if you don´t need paddle clutches on the wheel.
Thats the only thing the SC cant do wireless.

Have fun Carsten

Upvote 0
what seat do you use?
A modified Aeron office chair for sim, with a ShakeSeat and adding a G harness for haptics.
Before moving to the beach, my track car had a modified Momo seat.

FWIW, while a load cell brake pedal is important, I find super high force unhelpful; 50Kg is plenty.
After all, braking in real cars on track involves somewhat bracing oneself against brake pedals,
to minimize crotch strap pressure.
Lacking real deceleration forces, feel seems more useful than extreme force.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

R1 has problems related to the double PSU as @blekenbleu said.
If you are not a 100% Overall force driver, you may be never face this problem
Only if there is significant difference between PSUs power rating. But it happened to few people, GD just sent them replacement power brick. If I was buying again I'd still go for R1 due to better PSUs properly rated for load and better back plate design with power button in the right place, but afraid it's not available anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I use a (road car) Recaro Sportster CS which I "gravity formed" over 400.000 kms.
So plainly speaking a takeout from an old car.
It has a steel frame with plastik inserts which carry the bolstering. Basically it formed "around me".

The EVO QRT II is a full bucket seat, so it won´t form around you, its rather rigid.
It has to be to comply to FIA safety regulations.

As long as you physically fit between the bolsters thats all you can achieve with a bucket seat.
If you should experience a sore butt or backpain that could be remedied with custom bolstering/pillows made locally.

As Blekenbleu rightfully stated a "good sunday paper read" in the shop for longtime testsitting would be best.
But at least here in Germany this will not be possible for the foreseeable future, they are cranking up the lockdown once again.

Looking at comfort a "sport seat" a la Sparco R333 would be the safer option, the big guys (like me) can place theyr thighs on top of the bolsters.
But in conjunction with the Heusinkveld Sprints it may not be rigid enough.
The high possible brakeforces will show every little bit of slack in seat and mounting.

Something I will have to adress shortly in my well used seat.

If you will "need" a handbrake and a sequential shifter is a question only you can answer.
At least you are well equipped when a rally stage "happens" to come along.
I personally would opt for a H pattern shifter, but thats my nostalgia speaking.
And a completely different buyers guide.

When looking at wheels keep in mind that Simucube has a sophisticated wireless system.
In my eyes in this price range a wireless wheel would be preferable if you don´t need paddle clutches on the wheel.
Thats the only thing the SC cant do wireless.

Have fun Carsten

is it fair to point out I was looking for a bucket seat to be able to tilt it
a bit for the pains do not pass after a couple of weeks?
if the pains don't go away then I'll use a pillow and support as you said
this as it seems to you PRISMA – NRG Innovations (getnrg.com)
I wanted to get the gearbox and handbrake for a 20% discount
I will try to decide for the change h or the sequential
the steering with the blades I need it so with the wireless they don't work?

Upvote 0
I will try to decide for the change h or the sequential

the steering with the blades I need it so with the wireless they don't work?

20% discount is nice, if money not the issue go for it.

In my opinion sequential shift levers are a bit redundant as you can shift with the paddles on the steering wheel.
If you go Drift or Ralley with the steering wheel naked you need another shifter.

H-pattern shifter is just a nostalgia thing, not needed if you want to race competetively.( Remember to order the clutch for H patttern).

The wheels with paddle shifter will mostly work with an USB cable which is a minor anoyance.
Then all the inputs like shift commands and button presses/ encoder adjustments are sent to the computer via an USB cable.

A wireless wheel transmits to the wheelbase, no extra cable needed, no extra USB port occupied.

Beware, it must meet the right wireless standard, for Simucube it must have the SC wireless board.
Just order for the SC wheelbase.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
is it fair to point out I was looking for a bucket seat to be able to tilt it
a bit for the pains do not pass after a couple of weeks?
if the pains don't go away then I'll use a pillow and support as you said
this as it seems to you PRISMA – NRG Innovations (getnrg.com)

Important thing about the bucket seat is that it fits you!!

If thats the case the other issues can be dealt with.

Most simracers including me are sitting a little reclined, much more than I sit in a road or racecar.
So watch out for an adjustable mounting console.
Seatsliders can be helpfull until you have found your correct distance to pedals and wheel, a tilt adjustment is a must in my eyes.
Most bucket seats achieve that by offering different mounting holes:

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Only if there is significant difference between PSUs power rating. But it happened to few people, GD just sent them replacement power brick. If I was buying again I'd still go for R1 due to better PSUs properly rated for load and better back plate design with power button in the right place, but afraid it's not available anymore.

Andrew_WOT
thanks so much i go for the r1
are these ok?
Simucube 2 - NSH-Racing Direct Drive Motor Simucube 2 (nsh-racing.com)
Buy Simucube 2 Pro Direct Drive System - STRSC2P | Demon Tweeks (demon-tweeks.com)

Upvote 0
Important thing about the bucket seat is that it fits you!!

If thats the case the other issues can be dealt with.

Most simracers including me are sitting a little reclined, much more than I sit in a road or racecar.
So watch out for an adjustable mounting console.
Seatsliders can be helpfull until you have found your correct distance to pedals and wheel, a tilt adjustment is a must in my eyes.
Most bucket seats achieve that by offering different mounting holes:

MFG Carsten

thanks for the help the price has halved !!!
as you said slowly I'll make some changes and fix the inclination

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements