'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Hi Andre, just received my Jet seat race :) I haven't installed it yet but I cant wait but I had to pay an extra £60 for customs, such a rip off :(
Can't wait to instal it though hopefully tonight after work :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Andre, I'm trying to install the jet seat but so far I'm getting this :-
What am I doing wrong lol

Edit,
I just downloaded Gametrix JetSeat Control Panel and Massage and now it's working :)
I just fired up AC via the content manager in VR with the rift S and what a difference sheer heaven to feel all those bumps and kerbs, all I can say is magic lol and I haven't even tried tinkering with the settings yet :)

Attachments

• screen grab.png
    screen grab.png
    879.7 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, AC is a great title to start with, Danny. It works right out of the box.
Some other titles may require telemetry settings adjustment as described in SimShaker - Wheels User Guide.

Upvote 0
Hi Andre

I originally had 1 bass shaker and SSW for a long time and used "enable compressor". I now have bought a buttkicker gamer 2 - is it recommended to use and enable compressor with my buttkicker or is it something that doesn't need to be used anymore. I run bumps, gearstick and vertical acceleration. Also is "enable compressor" more taxing on CPU.

And finally - is there any chance to install a return to default mode?

Thanks - your software is great!

Upvote 0
Hi dwightyone,
number of transducers doesn't actually matter for the compressor. I think I would use it with the buttkicker gamer 2, since its stock version may be pretty noisy. From the other hand I'm not very happy with my current compressor implementation and I hope to re-write that part of SimShaker - Wheels one day.

>>And finally - is there any chance to install a return to default mode?
Pardon me?

Upvote 0
Hi dwightyone,
number of transducers doesn't actually matter for the compressor. I think I would use it with the buttkicker gamer 2, since its stock version may be pretty noisy. From the other hand I'm not very happy with my current compressor implementation and I hope to re-write that part of SimShaker - Wheels one day.

>>And finally - is there any chance to install a return to default mode?
Pardon me?

Thanks for the reply and the information and will now continue to use the compressor.

Default mode:
What I mean is - if I mess up my settings by experimenting with the sliders, and I then want to put them back to what they are in the first place when I install SSW but I have also forgotten what these settings are.... maybe a press button in SSW to put it back to your SSW settings i.e default.

Also, where can I find out what the new updates logs do and change for the better in SSW.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you remove the settings file and restart SimShaker - Wheels it will re-create it with the default settings.

>> where can I find out what the new updates logs do and change for the better in SSW
There is a "Change Blog" link on SimShaker - Wheels - Launcher window

Upvote 0
SSW works really really great with my old bass shakers.

But when it comes to my new buttkicker 2 gamer SSW is either very weak or way to slapping strong - getting a inbetween seems impossible. Have spent hours fiddling with SSW to get it to work nice with my buttkicker but tbh it doesn't - tried all gains/thresholds/volumes/compressors.

However, the other shaker software people which gets made by "wotever" (name) guy works and feels great with my buttkicker but I get very slight stutter now and again which I don't with SSW. So I hate stutter and would rather stick with SSW which doesn' stutter - any ideas?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had everything working.

Dirt Rally 2.0's xml file should be pointing to port 29373, however the latest software driving my NLRv3 has taken over 20777 and when SimHub comes up it complains that something else is on port 20777. It only does this when I click on Dirt Rally 2.0. There is no issue if I select iRacing.

Is there a way for the SimHub software to realize that it's using 29373 instead?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play