'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Hi, can someone please help me. I had to reinstall DR2.0, and now my SimShackerWheels doesn’t work with DR2.0 anymore, I have copied the text to the file, but it just doesn’t work anymore. Any ideas why?

Upvote 0
<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled = "true" />
<udp enabled = "true" extradata = "3" ip = "127.0.0.1" port = "20777" delay = "1" />
<custom_udp enabled = "false" nom_fichier = "paquet_data.xml" ip = "127.0.0.1" port = "20777" delay = "1" />
<fanatec enabled = "true" pedalVibrationScale = "1.0" wheelVibrationScale = "1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed = "true" />
</ motion_platform>

Please change port number from 20777 (default value) to 29373

Upvote 0
<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled = "true" />
<udp enabled = "true" extradata = "3" ip = "127.0.0.1" port = "20777" delay = "1" />
<custom_udp enabled = "false" nom_fichier = "paquet_data.xml" ip = "127.0.0.1" port = "20777" delay = "1" />
<fanatec enabled = "true" pedalVibrationScale = "1.0" wheelVibrationScale = "1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed = "true" />
</ motion_platform>

Please change port number from 20777 (default value) to 29373
THANK YOU!! Now it works, I had to chance the true AND the false sentence to port 29373. Happy days!!

Upvote 0
Hey guys i have been playing with the Demo version and one Buttkicker Gamer 2. In AC all is perfect, very balanced and the effect is really great. With ACC (my main priority right now) all is a mess. Road surface is barely there (some strange vibrations form time to time), road bumps are totally chaotic. Strangly enough with same volume (on the buttkicker) ACC is much more amplified and i need to go really low with the settings so it's not a massive vibration mess.
Still i really can't feel the road effects or if there is one, it's out of place and very irritating? Can you guys help me a bit ? If i can figure it out, i will surely buy the software.

Upvote 0
Hi shushkata,
Currently I have to use different approaches to generate road effects in AC and ACC, since ACC telemetry missed suspension travel data starting from a certain version. Hence for ACC I use vertical acceleration data (which usually gives worse results) as a workaround. I think we discussed that a little above.
I will re-check if those data still missing in ACC telemetry.

Upvote 0
Here i can post a screenshot of the telemetry the game outputs to the external program / MoTeC. Here you have all the suspension travel, but is it visible in real-time i don't know.
Capture.JPG

Upvote 0
Thank you. I can see the the suspension travel is reported back again as well. But I can't see SuspensionMaxTravel from Static Info portion of the telemetry. Looks like Static Info updates doesn't occur any more. May be you can see that in your external program / MoTeC?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am a little bit inexperienced here, what i post is all i can activate (at least all i can understand) in the software. The software is free and is advertised by Kunos, so maybe if i sent you the telemetry data and also the software download link you can see if this is present. Does anything additional on the screen gives you MAXtravel ?
Capture.JPG

I guess that min max values in the menu ? or you need to see max millimeters the suspension can travel (as set in the car setup) ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, I can't see it on the screenshot.
I've found that finally ACC shared memory telemetry documentation was revealed on August 28 and it was indicated that suspensionMaxTravel - Not shown in ACC
That's a pity. I think that param would let me to improve the effect. Hopefully this is not mission critical though.
Well, I think I will try to return back to suspension travel based effect in the very next version of SimShaker - Wheels.

Upvote 0
This is great. As i am searching for a good sim-shaker software, i really liked the simplicity of this one, and with a better implementation with ACC it's a good deal. I just have one more question, as i think i will go with a dual bass-shaker setup, one on the pedals and one under my seat, can i dedicate some of the effects on a particular shaker (like the deceleration on the pedals only ?)

Upvote 0
Hi, try to re-install. I think this is a rare case when re-install may be helpful.
But actually there is another way to force update described in the User Guide

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering