SimRacing Modding Roundup - April 2016 - Automobilista Edition

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS AGS Modding Round up.jpg

Automobilista Motorsports Simulator (or AMS for short) has been in the news as of late, after the unfortunate copywritegate incident leading to the removal and subsequent reinstatement on the Steam network.

Despite the whole episode causing some discussion and controversy within the sim racing community, it now seems like a good time to focus attention back on to what is a rather good racing simulator containing some of the most interesting content available to sim drivers at present.

Complimenting the excellent Reiza content is a wide variety of user created digital recreations with the quality (and quantity) growing month on month.

Today we have a little look around some of the more interesting additions available to download right now for AMS.

Now that little disclaimer (again):

First and foremost I can't guarantee I'll pick up everything nor does this article act as a recommendation on quality. I'll try my best to pick the best and give a thorough roundup of what's out and about but please do feel free to drop me a PM if you see anything you think should be included in the next round up...

So, lets have a look see what's new and what's hot:

AMS AGS F1.jpg

F1 1991 AGS V1.0 - WIP
Title: Automobilista Motorsports Simulator
Category: Cars / Open Wheel
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 08/04/2016
Credits: See download link

This is a nice little collection of some of the most impressive Grand Prix machines to hit the tracks in Formula One's long and illustrious history. From Aryton Senna's red and white McLaren Honda against the mighty Williams Renault of Nigel Mansel and plucky Italian Riccardo Patrese, 1991 was a great year for Formula One.

This mod is a reproduction of the sadly brief and unsuccessful attempt of Grand Prix glory from plucky French team AGS. Although obviously in its infancy, this is a great mod and the promise of more to come can only be a good thing for fans of the series.

AMS GP 2005.jpg

GP 2005 v1.0
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 12/04/2016

Feeder series to the main Formula One World Championship, the GP2 Series has produced many a Grand Prix driver over the years and now AMS drivers can enjoy a nice mod reproducing the 2005 racing series.

Nice quality cars with great variety, this mod comes with the additional bonus of skin packs for the 2006, 2008, 09 & 10 seasons as well as the GP Historical version with a large selection of some of the best Formula One paint schemes from the late 1970's to recent times.
Outstanding mod.

AMS BMW E90 WTCC.jpg

WTCC BMW E90 v1.0
Category: Cars / Touring Car
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 25/03/2016

WTCC challenger for the likes of ETCC and WTCC champion Andy Priaux and all round superstar Alex Zanardi, the WTCC BMW E90 v1.0 mod for Automobilista drives great, looks ace and is a guaranteed enjoyable driving experience.

AMS Rally Cross Supercars.jpg

Rally Cross Supercars WORLDRX 1.1
Category: Cars / Rallycross
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 21/04/2016

Mega pack of Rallycross cars to compliment the default Lancia RX by Reiza Studios. Nice variety with some enjoyable driving characteristics and a welcome addition to the sparse rally content found in game.

AMS Mod AV F1 1994.png

Mod AV F1 1994 For AMS
Download Link -
HERE
Latest Release: 14/04/2016

Sadly, what proved to be an intense season of close racing and dubious tactics was overshadowed by the tragic deaths of racing legend Aryton Senna and Austrian rookie Roland Ratzenburger at the fateful San Marino Grand Prix in May.

This mod recreates the full field in all its glory with some very entertaining driving experiences and nice sounds including the epic V12 Ferrari of Jean Alesi and Gehard Berger in what was to become a year of underachievement for the prancing horse.

Excellent mod. Highly enjoyable recreation from one of Formula One's golden eras.

AMS Eastern Creek.jpg

Eastern Creek Gardner (2 seasons) 1.04
Category: Tracks / Permanent
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 15/04/2016

Patrick Giranthon makes epic tracks for AMS. Period. Anyone who has tried Mr. Giranthon's conversions to AMS will testify that anything this bloke touches turns out at Reiza quality. If Patrick uploads it, you download it. Simples.

AMS Winton.jpg

Winton (2 seasons) V1.0
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 14/04/2016

Another Australian classic venue that benefits from the Giranthon touch. This version of Winton for AMS has 2 seasons and 3 variations with a summer "dry" version (summer 2 in game) for players to enjoy.

A great track for big, heavy cars (Aussie V8's anyone?) Winton is a wonderful addition created to the highest quality. Awesome.

AMS Spa with DRS.jpg

Spa Francorchamps (2 seasons, DRS) 1.01
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 05/03/2016

Epic Grand Prix venue and classic endurance track Spa is a must have for many fans of motorsports and this version by (you guessed it) Patrick Giranthon is another quality addition to AMS.

Featuring DRS and 2 separate season variations, this is another must have track and ideal for those open wheel cars available in game.

AMS Bathurst.jpg

Bathurst 1.0
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 20/03/2016

The most legendary venue in all of Australia and a fan favourite for many sim racers. This version of Bathurst is high quality and as usual, looks the part alongside the default Reiza content. Another brilliant choice for the growing list of top notch addon tracks for AMS.

If you are working on a mod for any of the main sim racing titles on PC, please drop me a PM if you wish to discuss and have a feature written here on RD. I can't guarantee we will feature your mod but I would be very interested to hear (and share) what projects are being worked on at present.

In the coming weeks and months I intend to run a series of interviews with race sim modders and would also love to hear from any of you who would be interested in participating in an interview with RD. Again, drop me a PM with some details and we can discuss.

Have a look through our AMS mods section right here on RaceDepartment for a wide variety of skins / cars / tracks and miscellaneous files to enhance your enjoyment of Reiza Studios (now rather infamous) new racing game.

Have you enjoyed our AMS mods roundup? Do you know of any mods for AMS or any other sim you think we should feature? What mod do you enjoy playing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
The tracks should just be in the track listing as normal assuming you put them in the "Locations" directory. A lot of car mods do not come with a series file so you need to select "All Cars and Tracks" on the bottom of the main screen and then add them to your session. If they don't appear there then you probably didn't install them properly.

The tracks should just be in the track listing as normal assuming you put them in the "Locations" directory. A lot of car mods do not come with a series file so you need to select "All Cars and Tracks" on the bottom of the main screen and then add them to your session. If they don't appear there then you probably didn't install them properly.

Thanks for you rreply....I'll try again.....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back