Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Wotever, I realized my mistake after your first kind reply and immediately ordered a couple of the uart boards which should be here soon. Strangely enough I did watch that video about 5 times and noob that I am I thought the little board he was installing was a Nano knockoff :confused: That is why I didn't realize you needed a usb ttl card! Hence all the stupid questions from people like me!

My real problem started from the beginning when I didn't realize that there are really two different ways of doing this dashboard stuff. 1. The arduino nano and leds thing and 2. The Nextion display way of doing it. My mistake, and lack of knowledge which is why I went around it circles a bit:geek:

While I have donated a bit to thank you for all the work, maybe there is another way I could help. I don't know a lot about the technical side of this but I can write, so maybe I could help you by documenting the project a bit better so you can continue doing what you are so good at and maybe prevent you from having to answer so many basic questions. It would also help others who are interested in how to make these things but don't even have the basic knowledge to get going on this. Not meaning to insert myself in your project but if you are interested just let me know. Thanks again, Keith
Thanks Wotever, I realized my mistake after your first kind reply and immediately ordered a couple of the uart boards which should be here soon. Strangely enough I did watch that video about 5 times and noob that I am I thought the little board he was installing was a Nano knockoff :confused: That is why I didn't realize you needed a usb ttl card! Hence all the stupid questions from people like me!

My real problem started from the beginning when I didn't realize that there are really two different ways of doing this dashboard stuff. 1. The arduino nano and leds thing and 2. The Nextion display way of doing it. My mistake, and lack of knowledge which is why I went around it circles a bit:geek:

While I have donated a bit to thank you for all the work, maybe there is another way I could help. I don't know a lot about the technical side of this but I can write, so maybe I could help you by documenting the project a bit better so you can continue doing what you are so good at and maybe prevent you from having to answer so many basic questions. It would also help others who are interested in how to make these things but don't even have the basic knowledge to get going on this. Not meaning to insert myself in your project but if you are interested just let me know. Thanks again, Keith

I'm really sorry about my poor doc .. ;) i will be really happy if somebody could contribute to doc ! You know I'm a professional developper and i know from experience that no user read the doc :D ... I've assumed, and it's a mistake I admit it, that the users would be used to arduino and stuffs like that. I've already tried to do a bit of docs but i guess that i never start it from the basics concepts and so on they're useless for people with less knowledge about it.

Also simhub was a bit confidential for almost two years, but number of users is growing fast on the latest two months (thanks to amstudio videos) and missing doc start be a real problem.

All this long speech just to say yes i would really happy if you and people help me to create the doc and fix my mistake :D. I've made the wiki on github publicly editable so you or anybody can contribute to doc if you find github not friendly i could move the doc, I'm opened to suggestions ;).

hi,Wotever,I just found u8glib can support many different lcd (include pcd8544)and oled hw.do you think it can be used to replace cuurent lib for nokia lcd?
Hi ! Do you have some screens which could work for reference ? (eBay or some shops links) the main advantage of the Nokia was that it's really fast and solder less (8 or 9 wires and you are ready to go). U8glib could be fast enough ?

Hi again.

I've been testing RBR in several cars and it seems not to work fine. LEDs blink from 1st to 2nd gear but for the rest not.
I changed in the conf file max rpm of each car but, for example, in the Evo slot, I put 5000 and only 4 or 5 LEDs light up even if I don't change gear and keep rising rpm to the top.
To the other cars, I put less amount of max rpm, for example from 7400 to 7200 and nothing changed. I changed % when LEDs start to blink, from 98% to 95% and still the same.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

Maybe with the huge amount of messages written those days you didn't saw my message.
Any idea about what's happening or what I'm doing wrong?

Found a nice usage for my new little HDMI screen :whistling: watching roadkill while coding !

upload_2017-3-25_13-16-42.png

Currently working hard to do better than watching youtube on this big baby :rolleyes: ... If you see what I mean ...

Hi,

I´m very interested in your project and thanks for your job..
I have done the "sim dash" with tm1638 and I want to connect seven segment digit with 74hc595..
But it shows other digits..

http://imgur.com/A2k3QOm number 7
http://imgur.com/k65vp2Y number 1

Thanks for any reply
Best regards

Lukas

Hum I've never made it, but I guess that you have a wiring problem, On the plans given device is a common cathode, is it ok ? Also it does not looks like reversed or something like that, so i would say that you have a wiring problem.

i would really happy if you and people help me to create the doc and fix my mistake :D.

:) I have added a page to your wiki which is WIP anyone that wants to Edit go for it. 'I am no Expert but my stuff works' :)

It is for the RGB WS2812 RGB Strip and how to wire and setup. Still WIP but its a start to help anyone else.

I will try to add some pics to make it easier.

Another question: Are all data from the ETS2 plugin integrated in Simhub? I miss some and I do not know wether it is not provided by the plugin or it is not in Simhub (I miss time till next break and time to compled the job)

Hi Wotever,
did you look at this?
There is another Plugin for such data. Search for ETS2 Telemetry Server. It seams there is more datsa delivered.

If you need a test person for your new stuff --> write me. Iwill test ist with ETS2 :-D

Hi,

I´m very interested in your project and thanks for your job..
I have done the "sim dash" with tm1638 and I want to connect seven segment digit with 74hc595..
But it shows other digits..

http://imgur.com/A2k3QOm number 7
http://imgur.com/k65vp2Y number 1

Thanks for any reply
Best regards

Lukas
Looks like a wireing short, go over everything again, mine done the same thing, found my headers to be faulty (I built it on a pcb with headers solderd in)

Hi everybody. I'm trying to run Dirt Rally throught SimHub, but it says Game disconnected, and my nextion display is not working in the game. I've tried to use drt.exe, also steam://rungameid/310560 - but nothing works. Anybody with same problem or solution ? Thanks!

Hi everybody. I'm trying to run Dirt Rally throught SimHub, but it says Game disconnected, and my nextion display is not working in the game. I've tried to use drt.exe, also steam://rungameid/310560 - but nothing works. Anybody with same problem or solution ? Thanks!

Hi ! Did you enable teletry using the instructions located in the "Gameplugins" folder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes