Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Wotever for the sketch. It didn't work with it yesterday, but today I added an i2 lcd, and now the gear indicator is working.
However, the LCD is just blue.
I enabled it in the Filler, so I have to things enabled, the Max and the LCD (connected on A4 and A5).
Any hints on what I'm missing/doing wrong?

TIA

Thanks Wotever for the sketch. It didn't work with it yesterday, but today I added an i2 lcd, and now the gear indicator is working.
However, the LCD is just blue.
I enabled it in the Filler, so I have to things enabled, the Max and the LCD (connected on A4 and A5).
Any hints on what I'm missing/doing wrong?

TIA
Hi ! I've added some instructions in the main post(in the FAQ section about i2c lcd troubleshooting) did you tried it ? It seems that the recent lcd always require it.

[QUOTE="Wotever,. You would have to wire it using a max 7219 or a max 7221 for example to make it work, but electronic design is out of my knowledge :([/QUOTE]

Perfect, program it for the max7219 or 7221, show me how to add the shift range up/down arrows, and ill do the pcb stuff,

im working on a simple, gear no, and 6/8 RPM leds hud for a buddie, but that we dont want gear to flash at redline, but light 2 smd leds to illuminate the 7-segment gear no.

Please assist
;)

Hi ! I've added some instructions in the main post(in the FAQ section about i2c lcd troubleshooting) did you tried it ? It seems that the recent lcd always require it.
Yes, I tried the other library, and I changed the address. Still nothing.
Do I have to change something in Simhub itself?

Attachments

• File Mar 20, 6 52 53 PM.jpg
    File Mar 20, 6 52 53 PM.jpg
    943.4 KB · Views: 1,388
Hello Again...I have some questions to Wotever.... Dear dash Jedi...
Today I played Dirt Rally with X-Sim and Sim Hub at the same time and It was Impossible to get it work together.
I already know that codemaster only sends telemetry to one device at time, So I tried Codemasters Proxy Server from eksimracing, But I didn't get it works properly.

So there is a way to change the listening port in SimHub for the Codemaster games?
You will fix it in the future? Please please please.....
About LCD 20X4, there is a way to increase the reading rate (I get about 4 refresh by second) ??

I also tried X-Sim with SimHub and Assetto and its work flawlessly. SimHub its even faster than X-Sim.

X-sim already have support for TM1638 but they are far away from the quality of SimHub Software.

Many thanks for your time and support.

Last edited:
Hello Again...I have some questions to Wotever.... Dear dash Jedi...
Today I played Dirt Rally with X-Sim and Sim Hub at the same time and It was Impossible to get it work together.
I already know that codemaster only sends telemetry to one device at time, So I tried Codemasters Proxy Server from eksimracing, But I didn't get it works properly.

So there is a way to change the listening port in SimHub for the Codemaster games?
You will fix it in the future? Please please please.....
About LCD 20X4, there is a way to increase the reading rate (I get about 4 refresh by second) ??

I also tried X-Sim with SimHub and Assetto and its work flawlessly. SimHub its even faster than X-Sim.

X-sim already have support for TM1638 but they are far away from the quality of SimHub Software.

Many thanks for your time and support.
Hi ! I will probably add in a close future the ability to change any game updates port yes

Concerning i2c lcd, it's less obvious, it's slow on the hardware side. You can try to change the lcd refresh speed and serial speed on simhub side. I had measured the i2c lcd max refresh in the past and it could not go 5~7 fps. If i correctly remember

Hi again.

I've been testing RBR in several cars and it seems not to work fine. LEDs blink from 1st to 2nd gear but for the rest not.
I changed in the conf file max rpm of each car but, for example, in the Evo slot, I put 5000 and only 4 or 5 LEDs light up even if I don't change gear and keep rising rpm to the top.
To the other cars, I put less amount of max rpm, for example from 7400 to 7200 and nothing changed. I changed % when LEDs start to blink, from 98% to 95% and still the same.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the great app! - Little problem trying to use Nextion 4.3 and Nano. I think I have followed all instructions I can find but when I compile code in Nextion editor and then try to upload - it Fails!
I get message: "Connection failed Forced Interrupt"

I've gone around in circles for two days now and still can't figure out what to do.
I have used the cable that came with the Nextion and pinned it to the Nano with using 5v-5v gnd -gnd rx-tx tx-rx.
Used the usb cable that came with the Nano to connect it to a usb 2.0 port which it sees as com5.
The Nextion is powered up and I can see the password screen with date and time but that is all.
1. Is there a way to check to see if the Nextion is receiving the serial message?
2. Do I have it pinned correctly?
3. Am I forgetting something in the setup? ( I can't find a step 1,2,3..... software installation anywhere)
4. I have looked at every video I can find (none actually use the Nano 3.0 board with the Nextion) and I have followed many support threads but none seem to help. At this point I'm more confused than when I started.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated!! This is a picture of my setup:
NanoNextion1.jpg

Thanks for the great app! - Little problem trying to use Nextion 4.3 and Nano. I think I have followed all instructions I can find but when I compile code in Nextion editor and then try to upload - it Fails!
I get message: "Connection failed Forced Interrupt"

I've gone around in circles for two days now and still can't figure out what to do.
I have used the cable that came with the Nextion and pinned it to the Nano with using 5v-5v gnd -gnd rx-tx tx-rx.
Used the usb cable that came with the Nano to connect it to a usb 2.0 port which it sees as com5.
The Nextion is powered up and I can see the password screen with date and time but that is all.
1. Is there a way to check to see if the Nextion is receiving the serial message?
2. Do I have it pinned correctly?
3. Am I forgetting something in the setup? ( I can't find a step 1,2,3..... software installation anywhere)
4. I have looked at every video I can find (none actually use the Nano 3.0 board with the Nextion) and I have followed many support threads but none seem to help. At this point I'm more confused than when I started.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated!! This is a picture of my setup:View attachment 180780

Hi !
Nextion must be connected using a usb uart like specified in the documentation : https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/Nextion-Display

Ps : My doc is really poor bit this one is documented since the beginning :D

hi,thanks for your new version.i want to add one nokia 5110,but not found where to config the ralated parameter(which data and format will be show on the screen). Is glcd can't be modify by user?

Thanks Wotever,
Thanks for the quick reply! You are correct that it is documented but the real problem is that I'm such a noob at this stuff that I actually read that wiki page and didn't even know what a "USB TTL Uart" is or why it would be used:laugh: I assumed that the nano had a uart built in and that it translated from the usb:confused: I also assumed that the whole page was about how you would change a screen if you needed to, so I didn't pay much attention to it!

Oh well, I have done the work around of getting a microSD card and copying the tft file created by the compile (which by the way for anyone looking for it, you just go to the 'File' menu in the Nextion editor and the first thing in the sub menu is 'Open Build Folder'. You click on this and the tft file is located there.) to the micro sd card. Then you unplug the nextion display, plug in the microSD card and then turn it back on and it loads just fine.

So I now have the hmi file loaded on the display. Next I have to figure out how to make it work with the games. Thanks for putting up with us 'not so smart' DIY'ers. I'll let you know if I can't figure out the rest of it:p

hi,thanks for your new version.i want to add one nokia 5110,but not found where to config the ralated parameter(which data and format will be show on the screen). Is glcd can't be modify by user?
Hi ! Glcd templates are customisable, you can find them in the glcd folder, it extensively use the ncalc engine so everything can be customised.

Thanks Wotever,
Thanks for the quick reply! You are correct that it is documented but the real problem is that I'm such a noob at this stuff that I actually read that wiki page and didn't even know what a "USB TTL Uart" is or why it would be used:laugh: I assumed that the nano had a uart built in and that it translated from the usb:confused: I also assumed that the whole page was about how you would change a screen if you needed to, so I didn't pay much attention to it!

Oh well, I have done the work around of getting a microSD card and copying the tft file created by the compile (which by the way for anyone looking for it, you just go to the 'File' menu in the Nextion editor and the first thing in the sub menu is 'Open Build Folder'. You click on this and the tft file is located there.) to the micro sd card. Then you unplug the nextion display, plug in the microSD card and then turn it back on and it loads just fine.

So I now have the hmi file loaded on the display. Next I have to figure out how to make it work with the games. Thanks for putting up with us 'not so smart' DIY'ers. I'll let you know if I can't figure out the rest of it:p

Hi ! Now you need the UART (also called ttl or serial converter) like this one http://www.ebay.fr/itm/151745567119 ,

Then the connection is easy :
GND => GND
5V => 5V
RX => TX
TX => RX

Amstudio has made a nice video tutorial for it :
(he solder the wires but it's not required.)

Hey Mate, I Love this app. Your work is amazing.

I am new at this and have successfully got the 8x8 Matrix Gear Indicated working fine.

Moved onto the F1 Style Dash following AMSTUDIO Video (Love it) but after loading the Sketch to the Nano V3. I launch SIMHUB and the Plugins tab is blank. does not show anything and SIMHUB dies when i try and launch a game.

Plugged the Matrix back in and still the same. Tried to re-install SIMHUB latest version but still blank Plugins Tab and not working. :(

What am i doing wrong? :(

Thanks for any help. I did donate and License file is applied also.

Hey Mate, I Love this app. Your work is amazing.

I am new at this and have successfully got the 8x8 Matrix Gear Indicated working fine.

Moved onto the F1 Style Dash following AMSTUDIO Video (Love it) but after loading the Sketch to the Nano V3. I launch SIMHUB and the Plugins tab is blank. does not show anything and SIMHUB dies when i try and launch a game.

Plugged the Matrix back in and still the same. Tried to re-install SIMHUB latest version but still blank Plugins Tab and not working. :(

What am i doing wrong? :(

Thanks for any help. I did donate and License file is applied also.

Hum looks like SimHub has trouble while loading the plugins, could you send me the "simhub.log" file available in the sihub installation folder ? Also as a workaround you could delete the pluginsdata folder (save it somwhere before) and reload it with the one available in the installation package, it will reset simhub to the defaults settings.

Hum looks like SimHub has trouble while loading the plugins, could you send me the "simhub.log" file available in the sihub installation folder ? Also as a workaround you could delete the pluginsdata folder (save it somwhere before) and reload it with the one available in the installation package, it will reset simhub to the defaults settings.

Ok, I Deleted the PluginsData folder and then Plugin Tab work when i launched. BUT no Screens in the screens tab under Arduino!

If i launch SimHub from the HubPackage (Not The Installed) version everything is working fine lol.

Weird. There was only one line in the Log file as per below,

[2017-03-24 00:01:05,699] INFO - (Re)Starting Game Manager and plugin manager

The new log file has some more as below,

[2017-03-24 00:03:44,491] INFO - (Re)Starting Game Manager and plugin manager
[2017-03-24 00:03:45,051] INFO - Searching for device
[2017-03-24 00:03:49,139] INFO - Found one device on COM5 named {
"ConnectedModel": "f",
"Features": "GNJ",
"ModulesCount": 1,
"SimpleModuleCount": 0,
"RGBLedsCount": 0,
"AdditionalButtonsCount": 0,
"CurrentBaudRate": 0,
"DeviceName": "ACHUB Dash",
"GLCDCount": 0,
"PortName": "COM5",
"RefreshPerSecond": 0.0,
"RotaryEncodersCount": 0
}
[2017-03-24 00:03:49,139] INFO - Switching device named ACHUB Dash to speed level 0 on COM5
[2017-03-24 00:03:49,141] INFO - Connected to device on COM5 named ACHUB Dash

*UPDATE Just tried again and checked log file. Found a WARN msg now. From the Downloaded (Non installed SimHub) Still working fine and displaying in games.

[2017-03-24 00:09:25,754] WARN - System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.KeyCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at SimHub.Plugins.PluginManager.ClearProperties(Type pluginType)
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.DataCore.DataCorePlugin.DeclareProperties()
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.DataCore.DataCorePlugin.SaveSettings()
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.DataCore.DataCorePlugin.End(PluginManager pluginManager)
at SimHub.Plugins.PluginManager.End()

Last edited:
Ok, I Deleted the PluginsData folder and then Plugin Tab work when i launched. BUT no Screens in the screens tab under Arduino!

If i launch SimHub from the HubPackage (Not The Installed) version everything is working fine lol.

Weird. There was only one line in the Log file as per below,

[2017-03-24 00:01:05,699] INFO - (Re)Starting Game Manager and plugin manager

The new log file has some more as below,

[2017-03-24 00:03:44,491] INFO - (Re)Starting Game Manager and plugin manager
[2017-03-24 00:03:45,051] INFO - Searching for device
[2017-03-24 00:03:49,139] INFO - Found one device on COM5 named {
"ConnectedModel": "f",
"Features": "GNJ",
"ModulesCount": 1,
"SimpleModuleCount": 0,
"RGBLedsCount": 0,
"AdditionalButtonsCount": 0,
"CurrentBaudRate": 0,
"DeviceName": "ACHUB Dash",
"GLCDCount": 0,
"PortName": "COM5",
"RefreshPerSecond": 0.0,
"RotaryEncodersCount": 0
}
[2017-03-24 00:03:49,139] INFO - Switching device named ACHUB Dash to speed level 0 on COM5
[2017-03-24 00:03:49,141] INFO - Connected to device on COM5 named ACHUB Dash

To restore the default screens you have to take the default folder "PluginsData" from the package otherwise Simhub will start from empty settings.

Amstudio has made a nice video tutorial for it :
(he solder the wires but it's not required.)
Thanks Wotever, I realized my mistake after your first kind reply and immediately ordered a couple of the uart boards which should be here soon. Strangely enough I did watch that video about 5 times and noob that I am I thought the little board he was installing was a Nano knockoff :confused: That is why I didn't realize you needed a usb ttl card! Hence all the stupid questions from people like me!

My real problem started from the beginning when I didn't realize that there are really two different ways of doing this dashboard stuff. 1. The arduino nano and leds thing and 2. The Nextion display way of doing it. My mistake, and lack of knowledge which is why I went around it circles a bit:geek:

While I have donated a bit to thank you for all the work, maybe there is another way I could help. I don't know a lot about the technical side of this but I can write, so maybe I could help you by documenting the project a bit better so you can continue doing what you are so good at and maybe prevent you from having to answer so many basic questions. It would also help others who are interested in how to make these things but don't even have the basic knowledge to get going on this. Not meaning to insert myself in your project but if you are interested just let me know. Thanks again, Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back