SIMGRADE VX-Pro Pedals

Stumbled upon these on Dan Suzuki discord channel - looks quite promising, and that price point seems pretty decent :confused: 299 € for the two pedal set O_o

2023-03-16 08_16_57-Window.png

Still almost a year later and not much more info. Has somebody bought them and what are your thoughts?
I have particular problem that can be solved by using smaller footprint pedals. Issue is I am currently with Heusinkveld Ultimate+ and this feels to be step down. I will miss the dampers, but plan on adding myself later on if I purchase these, but would like the rest to be on par. Also clutch performance is important, I like the HE quite a lot.

From the reviews I take it that the VX PRO have rather short pedal travel, so the dampers can´t have much effect anyway.

That said, they should be a serious down grade from the Ultimates.
I was astonished how much the Ulties improve control over the Sprints.
(after an adjustment period that was, first contact/"dry humping" did´t feel that different )

From the reviews I take it that the VX PRO have rather short pedal travel, so the dampers can´t have much effect anyway.

(after an adjustment period that was, first contact/"dry humping" did´t feel that different )

Thanks! I read mismatched reviews this is why I am wondering. The throttle now is supposedly fixed and has longer travel (I use mid travel on the HEU+)
I switched to softer elastomer on the brake and have exactly the control I need, throttle and clutch are great and I also have them inverted so longer travel is beneficial for me. Thus I am quite reluctant to ever change them, issue is brake is too long and with motion the pedal deck hits the wall. When pedal slider is retracted it is almost at end of wheelbase (this is when friends come over and cannot reach pedals). I am planning on adding surge slider with static wheel so will have even greater issues with space and do not want to floor mount them :)

How come you think these pedals are a serious downgrade? What is it about them that is worse then on ultimates? The only thing that I see to be less is the maximum brake force 90kg(200kg mavin loadcell).

Last edited:
The VX PRO have two distinct advantages:

they are way cheaper and have a significantly smaller footprint.

Both don´t score for me as I have the space and already own the Ultis.

The VX are at a clear disadvantage at brake force, offer only limited settings with regard to position, travel, forces and brake stiffness. Also no dampers.

If they fit out of the box, that´s great. If not, you can´t change them to your needs.

So, for Ultimate owners they are a clear downgrade, for Fanatek owners an upgrade.

Thanks, I missed that.

I stand corrected on the brake feel adjustment part.
That makes them more appealing to first buyers.
Most I will miss the dampers too. I spoke with Timo from Simgrade, he has plans to implement dampers some day, but who knows when. I was going to add myself, he even offered me to send me detailed drawings of the pedals so I can measure, but am not convinced at all to spend 660 EUR just on trying them out and ending up with downgrade.
The issue with HEU+ is that they are old, and not much reviews out there. Nobody compares them to current pedals, all new reviews are only telling how great the product is, but not much comparison going on. Myself I am not so pretentious and good driver, I can go well with lower tier pedals, but really like the feel of HEU+ and immersion I get from them.
I am adamant on having oil on all pedals, heavy throttle with mid stroke as am on inverted, and brake with decent travel. How my rig is setup I cannot reach more than 45KG pressure on brake to be comfortable. Also will not give up on the two stage clutch.
My biggest issue with the HE is the size - they are just too long, but I think I solved half the issue by changing from Fanatec DD1 to shorter wheelbase :)
If I manage to sell some of my stuff maybe I will take the VX-PRO to test out and play with dampers with it, will be interesting material for my channel, but currently no time or resources to explore this myself... This is why I was hoping on some more feedback, but all is vague wherever I ask :)

Sorry to necro the post but i would like some help with these pedals as i cant find any other info out there.

So the brake on all the vids ive seen so far seems to have some travel but on my pedals the brake is still a stiff wall. Does anyone have any info or any help out there to make them softer as i cant seem to find any at all.

Thanks

If any of the adjustments do not make them soft enough for you, buy some additional "compression die mould springs" to swap them out with. You'll need to measure the inner and outer diameters, as well as the overall length. You'll probably have to buy a few springs before you find one that fits to your liking.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea