SIM-PLICITY??

I have been in the market for a new wheel. I have searched long and hard to move into the DD market but I am having a hard tome prying DD money out of my budget then I find Sim-Plicity, Humm........... sounds like a real good deal but I cant get anyone over there to answer any questions I have like: what all comes with their wheel packages? does it come with a wheel or is it just the motor ect. does it come with pedals? You know stupid questions to some but to someone looking for answers to their pictures or lack there of they are kinda important. well to me anyways. even the descriptions to them is shotty. (well to me anyways) Does anyone know anything about them? I have a Playstation version of the Fanatec CSL Elite V1.1. I love the wheel dont get me wrong but I think it is time for an upgrade but, Fanatec DD1's are too expensive for me anyways (single dad of 2) and when I spend that kind of money I want to know as much about it as possible. I'm sure I'm not alone on that one and not being able to get a response is kinda troubling to say the least. Well in my eyes anyways so I am asking here about the whats, what nots, who's and whens on these wheels and any other info I can get. Thanks for reading

• Deleted member 963434

Any word on the updated firmware? Not that I'm unhappy with how it is or feel the need for a specific improvement, but newer is better, right?
is it out now? just checked them site and its still from 2019 file

Upvote 0
Any word on the updated firmware?
After we got teased about new firmware back in december '20 and heard nothing since then, just a few minutes ago an email came in:
Hello all,

At the time of writing, we have 13 different hardware configurations/wheelbases that we develop firmware for. We expect this number to be in excess of 25 by the end of 2021 and approach 40 by the end of 2022.

To help manage the complexity of distributing firmware across these multiple configurations, we are rolling out an automated release mechanism utilizing Github repositories.

There will be Alpha, Beta & Stable repositories each with individual releases consisting of the firmware & software installers for each configuration.

All firmware will now be versioned in the vYY.MM.xx format.

YY: 2-digit year when development started
MM: 2-digit month when development started
xx: 2-digit version number incremented for each release

This differs from the previous versioning according to release month.

Each release will start in the Alpha repository (barely usable) progressing through Beta while being refined, then promoted to Stable once all identified issues are resolved.

Once a release is promoted, a new release is either promoted from a lower repository or created to take its place.
This means, eventually there will be 3 active releases for every configuration

• Alpha for the adventurous
  • Beta for those who need the new features & would like to help in identifying and resolving issues
  • Stable for those who just want to drive

To begin the process, we've created the v21.02.05 release in Alpha. This is a significantly more polished version than will be the case for Alpha in future & should quickly be promoted to Beta.

We encourage you to download & install the appropriate installer at the stage you feel most comfortable and discuss your thoughts & issues in the "v21.02.05 Discussion Thread"

Regards
Sim-plicity Development Team

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 963434

dont install it, there are posts of forum (in email) where people telling their wheels are dead now and simplicity want them to send them wheels back to UK LOL
one guy came up with idea to use usbdeviev app to erase all installed software on usb bus and install wheel on old software as new,, still waiting how it come up but i think its now only hope for em poor pals who cant simrace currently cause they installed new software LOL xD
i came to thinking how dev can foock up software so much? so it basically makes wheel dead?? xD

Upvote 0
That's why I am reluctant with installing firmware in alpha state.

But that's basically what alpha and beta releases are good for – ironing out the bugs and glitches.

It's important to keep that in mind before happily installing software just because it's new.

Upvote 0
I saw the email from sim-plicity and thought ooh goody new firmware it's been 2 years. then i saw they pulled it due to bricked wheels, then i saw alpha. i think i'll sit this one out for a while, not gonna be a guinnea pig. ye old firmware is still going strong as ever.

edit: and for anyone interested in purchasing this wheel i am still happy with mine and my previous positive comments in this thread are still true today :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bumping this thread because i came across something weird with the firmware download pages, there seems to be inconsistent latest stable firmware links. i've emailed simplicity a couple of weeks back but no response. i'm wondering if anyone has used the new firmware and if there's any feedback on it.

So on the github website you can find latest stable firmware with date 05/07/2021 (filename 21.07.05),

however, the website download pages link to an older stable firmware, still has version dates from 2019 and 2020: https://github.com/sim-plicity/SW-firmware-releases/releases/tag/v19.0x.xx

however again, if you click backwards and go to "sw firmware releases" you can find newer files. very unintuitive UI on the github site, not helped by the fact that software has not been updated for a few years. this flew under my radar completely, looks like from Jan 2022 they have updated the stable firmware.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea