SIM-PLICITY??

I have been in the market for a new wheel. I have searched long and hard to move into the DD market but I am having a hard tome prying DD money out of my budget then I find Sim-Plicity, Humm........... sounds like a real good deal but I cant get anyone over there to answer any questions I have like: what all comes with their wheel packages? does it come with a wheel or is it just the motor ect. does it come with pedals? You know stupid questions to some but to someone looking for answers to their pictures or lack there of they are kinda important. well to me anyways. even the descriptions to them is shotty. (well to me anyways) Does anyone know anything about them? I have a Playstation version of the Fanatec CSL Elite V1.1. I love the wheel dont get me wrong but I think it is time for an upgrade but, Fanatec DD1's are too expensive for me anyways (single dad of 2) and when I spend that kind of money I want to know as much about it as possible. I'm sure I'm not alone on that one and not being able to get a response is kinda troubling to say the least. Well in my eyes anyways so I am asking here about the whats, what nots, who's and whens on these wheels and any other info I can get. Thanks for reading

I think both James and I gave you some details
Yes, you guys did. Nevertheless I was interested in Hurjakuru's background story for entering a thread with a "dissapointing company" statement lacking of further explanation. Still don't get whats silly about that.
(Meanwhile, following his profile I found yet another thread on this topic with his story and know what led to that quote.)

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: How many minutes would it have taken to send an explaining mail?
… especially compared to the amount of time it can cost to navigate your company out of a shitstorm caused by some explaining mails that were not written.

Upvote 0
then you’re probably also not buying something from Sim-Lab?

they are just to small to handle it. And hope no one got sick there.

Dissapointing story.
I feel with you guys - and I really hope this is not what it looks like.
I found this thread because I wondered if I maybe should buy this wheel.
But I have to say that nothing could get me to pay money to such kind of company.
Hope you get it solved guys:thumbsup:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: And @ao1977 you dont need to ask your silly question again :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
then you’re probably also not buying something from Sim-Lab?

they are just to small to handle it. And hope no one got sick there.

I really don’t understand why people are still defending this behaviour. If they are too small to handle they might need to stop taking orders in an earlier stadium. In the end bad support will give you a bad reputation which will end in tears especially in such a small and niche market as simracing is

Also read @Hurjakuru’s story now... it makes me sick to read I’ve bought with a company which I can’t rely on. What a waste of money already :(

Upvote 0
I believe this. It seems a few are making a lot of noise at this moment

did you see this?

Upvote 0
did you see this?

Yes, I have. I've also seen more people following-up that it's a very good product. I'm just saying that complaints are always seen a lot more than happy customers. They might be very busy, and they might be handling this situation bad, but I don't feel that that is a reason to drop this company.

Upvote 0
I really don’t understand why people are still defending this behaviour. If they are too small to handle they might need to stop taking orders in an earlier stadium. In the end bad support will give you a bad reputation which will end in tears especially in such a small and niche market as simracing is

Also read @Hurjakuru’s story now... it makes me sick to read I’ve bought with a company which I can’t rely on. What a waste of money already :(
Not for the defence. It's only hard to follow up now with 3 topics counting.
https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...-sw7c-sw10c-sw12c.157293/page-27#post-3167167 Atleast this was my comment on the other topic.

Now the story of Hurjakuru. Really bad how that goes atm. Only we cannot check whether it really all happened or whether it is his experience. Is Ollie right that his system is working perfectly or did he easily get rid of it himself.
All the troubleshooting what Hurjakuru did is also not clear for me. Has he tried a different outlet? How many more sockets are connected? Has he only tried the system at his home or has he tried it at someone else's? A thrustmaster belt driven system is totally different then a simplicity DD. Thats not a troubleshoot.

I completely agree that the communication is now completely rubbish and it shouldn't be that way. Only the correlation with c-19 is in place, because before it all was good.

Upvote 0
They've paid there money with the expectation of receiving product on said date.
Not going to defend Ollie's business more than necessary, but to be honest, I expected a bit of a gamble when placing my order in february.
Their webshop does not really appear professional, and the reviews I read back then pretty much described the current state on a smaller scale.

But as the SW8C+ exactly meets my requirements in terms of dimensions, weight, mounting pattern and price (plus Sim-Plicity was the only vendor who answered my questions about the first three parameters straightforward and within 24 hrs) I decided to give it a go anyway.
So right now I'm slightly frustrated due to the wait (at least this night DPD finally showed a movement in the parcel's tracking), but at the same time my former self laughs me off with "Told you.". :rolleyes:

Yes, there is a huge lack of communication, and yes, maybe they accepted more orders than they should have (which is an arbitrary assumption of mine without any proof) – *sigh* see, I am a software developer, I'm a bit of a nerd and I've been dealing with a lot of nerds in my past. Some of them (perhaps me too ;) ) are really, really good at their job, but really bad at communication.
When things go bad and deadlines burst, we tend to cut off all communication, hide in a cocoon and take care of the issue to be solved.
Now I find myself in the comfortable position of having a project manager in my team whom I can tell "No calls please, I need to get **** done" and she takes care of the customer communication.
I guess that's what Sim-Plicity lacks of.

Upvote 0
@BrunoB

For me about 3 hours.
Especially since it is difficult to formulate everything correctly and you also want a reasonable FAQ. But yes, that needs to be a priority for them now and they need to stop taking orders.

But what also bothers me. You have not had any personal experience with them yet, but you do have a clear opinion about it that and put them completely in discredit. You show this in several topics. Doesn't feel fair to me either.

Upvote 0
Yes i'm one of them making noise and it's deserved and couldn't give 2 hoots if you don't like it.
Paid £650 on 30 March for deliver on 14th April then that got pushed back to 27th April.
Now it's the 2nd May no wheel and not had an email from him in 12 days.
Asked for refund and lodged claim with credit card but that could take 120 days the whole situation is a farce.

I feel sorry for your situation. But we don't know Ollie's situation, we know nothing. He might be sick himself, or he might be dealing with sick family around him, or even death. Don't make such a harsh judgement yet.

Upvote 0
But what also bothers me. You have not had any personal experience with them yet, but you do have a clear opinion about it that and put them completely in discredit. You show this in several topics. Doesn't feel fair to me either.
You are allowed to have this oppinion - ofcourse.;)

But the reason I have never been scammed bying stuff on the net is solely because I either buy stuff in wellknown E-shops - or if I once in a while does take the plunge and buy stuff in some unknown store - then I allways does check out if this store has a reasonable reputation or is a fullblown scam.
Or maybe a semi-scam like what we maybe are talking about here.:whistling:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Following your logic I should only be allowed to post in this thread if I had allready lost money to this "company".:sneaky:
Hehe or maybe I should even not be allowed to say that I feel sorry for people who looks like they are about to be scammed:whistling:

Upvote 0
You are allowed to have this oppinion - ofcourse.;)

But the reason I have never been scammed bying stuff on the net is solely because I either buy stuff in wellknown E-shops - or if I once in a while does take the plunge and buy stuff in some unknown store - then I allways does check out if this store has a reasonable reputation or is a fullblown scam.
Or maybe a semi-scam like what we maybe are talking about here.:whistling:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Following your logic I should only be allowed to post in this thread if I had allready lost money to this "company".:sneaky:
Hehe or maybe I should even not be allowed to say that I feel sorry for people who looks like they are about to be scammed:whistling:

On this moment no one is scammed. Only thing is the lack of communication.
nevertheless every one has tracking number, only not handed over too DPD.
to the other guy the said it will be shipped the 27. He has also a trackingnumber, only not traceable atm because isnt handed over.

Simplicity is doing this for 3 years now. They have reasonable reputation, only when C-19 started it went wrong.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea