SIM-PLICITY??

I have been in the market for a new wheel. I have searched long and hard to move into the DD market but I am having a hard tome prying DD money out of my budget then I find Sim-Plicity, Humm........... sounds like a real good deal but I cant get anyone over there to answer any questions I have like: what all comes with their wheel packages? does it come with a wheel or is it just the motor ect. does it come with pedals? You know stupid questions to some but to someone looking for answers to their pictures or lack there of they are kinda important. well to me anyways. even the descriptions to them is shotty. (well to me anyways) Does anyone know anything about them? I have a Playstation version of the Fanatec CSL Elite V1.1. I love the wheel dont get me wrong but I think it is time for an upgrade but, Fanatec DD1's are too expensive for me anyways (single dad of 2) and when I spend that kind of money I want to know as much about it as possible. I'm sure I'm not alone on that one and not being able to get a response is kinda troubling to say the least. Well in my eyes anyways so I am asking here about the whats, what nots, who's and whens on these wheels and any other info I can get. Thanks for reading

I hope they are alright regarding there health. Let’s that first been said.

the phrase ‘only lack of communication’ doesn’t do it for me, sorry. Although my package still hasn’t been sent and I still haven’t received any message about it I need to figure if I want to keep it when it comes. When I’ve got some kind of hardware problem or whatever I don’t want to wait for at least 3 weeks for an reply either. But that’s just my opinion at this moment which might change later also :)

Upvote 0
FWIW - I purchased an SW20 V3 last year on delayed order and I love it. Support has been great, I’ve had no issues. Hopefully the negative experiences are a result of COVID-19 (and I hope nobody involved is actually sick) and will correct themselves soon. Good luck to those who are waiting for your orders. Based on my experience, the wait is worth it.

Upvote 0
https://sim-pli.city/pages/service-update-message
In the current environment we find our production capacity severely limited.

We're making changes to our ordering process to ensure we match our monthly orders to these limits.

As we've reached our production limit for May, ordering has been suspended until the 1st of June.

We thank you for your patience, understanding and loyalty.
This came a bit too late, but better late than never, I guess.

Upvote 0
I know this is an older thread, but is everybody happy again? Did everybody who ordered receive their simplicity base? I've ordered the SW20 V3 and it will be sent out just before brexit. I've asked two questions regarding mounting holes for the wheel bracket and the control unit and have gotten a perfectly fine answer after a day or two on both occasions. So far so good as far as I'm concerned. Only a shame I have to wait so long, but that's just me being cheap and choosing the 'wait longer, pay less' option

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know this is an older thread, but is everybody happy again? Did everybody who ordered receive their simplicity base?
My SW8C+ preorder was scheduled for April 14th and I got it on May 5th. Obviously Sim-Plicity had a hell of a busy spring, but then things went back to somewhat normal. I've exchanged some 2 or 3 mails with them after the arrival, asking for assistance, and got a reply within a reasonable time.
And, of course, I am still happy with my base. Absolutely worth the wait! :)

Upvote 0
So, to add to this thread; I've received my wheel base (SW20 V3) a couple of weeks ago and nothing but smiles for me. Service has been good, no lack of communication so they seem to have tackled that part. Quality of the base, the brackets and electronic box are all good. Happy to say that my custom Thrustmaster adapter (so I can keer using my 599XX Evo wheel) is working perfectly.

All in all perfectly happy with Sim-plicity and see no reason not to recommend them if you're still doubting this company.

Upvote 0
Yup i think I'm in exactly the same situation, my SW20 turned up bang on time, everything so far has been spot on. I emailed them for a quick question the other day and got my answer within 15 mins. And what can i say about the SW20 IT'S AMAZING !!!!!!!!! It has brought ACC to life in terms of ffb and RF2 at Sebring is awesomeness

Upvote 0
A bit off-topic perhaps, but does anybody know what the 'weighted center' setting does? Tooltip offers very little insight. I have it disabled as I feel it is some sort of canned effect so the wheel doesn't feel too loose driving along a straight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Simply as it says. It gives you weight in the center. On 0 you don’t have weight in the center. Put it on 50% and you barely could steer cause have much weight in the center.

Upvote 0
Simply as it says. It gives you weight in the center. On 0 you don’t have weight in the center. Put it on 50% and you barely could steer cause have much weight in the center.

It feels like '0' means it is up to the game to provide realistic center feel.

The documentation (only a pop up while hovering) on what the settings mean and how they affect ingame feel is a bit lacking.

Upvote 0
I bought the sw20v3 to be shipped in the end of febuary, and when the time came I could see a DHL label got generated, but didnt get picked up for about 10 days. I ended up writing to them and they quickly replied that the extra modules I have bought (logitech adaptor and loadcell adaptor) gave them some trouble and they were trying to fix it in "the near future firmware". They choosed to send my wheel without the modules the day after and just 3 days later I got it. The modules will be shipped when they get them to work with new firmware.
Great wheel, still learning about the settings.

I see no reason to not recommend Sim-plicity, though they were slow on answer prebuy question and they are not that good to keep you informed, but great product.
IMG_20210315_171518.jpgIMG_20210315_210341.jpgIMG_20210315_210351.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello, I have the sw20v3 with the latest firmware available on the web from 2019, what version of "new firmware" are you talking about?

In the screenshots of the new sw15 there are new options in the software that my firmware does not have

Upvote 0
@JoseLuis im just refering from my mail from Nadia at sim-plicity:
" You will thus need a wheelbase firmware update when the SM-003 & LC Kit arrive. "

Still dialing in the wheel, it took some hours to get it feeling right, not that it was way off but just tuning in the details. And now just one big happy face. It's awesome how much more feeling a DD wheel gives.
So much easier to feel the limit without loosing control, and even when overdriving a bit its easy to catch it before its too late.
And its also possible to feel those "alien" slip angles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes