Sim displays like the Mclaren PCU-8D?

Hi RD.
i was curious if there was an Sim display replica like the SLI-F1 wich is an replica of the PCU-6D but instead of the PCU-6D the New F1 Display PCU-8D.

ive already tried searching the forum before actually make this thread and came across someone who is making an Mercedes W05 Steering wheel replica and found that this Display was suggested : http://www.lcdinfo.com/products/usbd480-wq43.html

however as like the PCU8D the Rev lights and warning lights are not shown on Display but are surrounded arround the original Oled Display,
does anybody know if there is some company like Leo-bodnar for example who has plans of making such replica ?

looking out for the replies
Greetings
Cloudini5

Side+By+Side.jpg

Hi Mark_McQ

The pro-shift wont be able to work together with an lcd screen, as it support up till 16 leds, as the mclaren displays has 21 leds,

Next to that, a combination of leds and button/rotary/potentiometers would be awesome, sort of an sli-f1 without the digits, but assigning 1 rotary switch to select true different screen layouts.

I wonder is this has not been thaught over already as the new f1 display is now 2 years old

Wesley

Upvote 0
I just came across this

His youtube account goes by the name mrfurries, anyone knows him, his contact info or any info about this project ? I wonder if it also has button/rotary inputs,?

Wesley

Upvote 0
I believe the most inexpensive and easy way is to adapt a cell phone behind the wheel and use the dashmeter . I'll start a project with a mobile soon. I intend to use as a base wheel sold by a Brazilian company . I have modified one of them using the display of simdisplay and liked the results .
Here is the video:

This is the wheel:
volante-swe-27-para-logitech-g27-525611-MLB20581988183_022016-O.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hey, nice project going on, anyway they arent like the real mclaren PCU8D display, im sort of looking for a 1 on 1 display like that, to make 2014/15/16 F1 replica rims. now the youtube vid i posted a few posts above is something that is as close as i have found, that thing is almost in release status as the guy behind that video says, but he does not have any website or project updates on the internet. so pretty much no info...

Upvote 0
Great work Zizza17! :)
I wondered if you would mind to share the CAD file you made for this display, as I am not experienced in working with 3D modeling, but going to make my second F1 wheel replica.
I already saw the display by Mrfurries, I am very excited if and when it is officially going to be released.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back