Sim displays like the Mclaren PCU-8D?

Hi RD.
i was curious if there was an Sim display replica like the SLI-F1 wich is an replica of the PCU-6D but instead of the PCU-6D the New F1 Display PCU-8D.

ive already tried searching the forum before actually make this thread and came across someone who is making an Mercedes W05 Steering wheel replica and found that this Display was suggested : http://www.lcdinfo.com/products/usbd480-wq43.html

however as like the PCU8D the Rev lights and warning lights are not shown on Display but are surrounded arround the original Oled Display,
does anybody know if there is some company like Leo-bodnar for example who has plans of making such replica ?

looking out for the replies
Greetings
Cloudini5

Side+By+Side.jpg

Hi

It will be released in October 2016. It can be used as a standalone indicator or integrated on steering wheels. It also has inputs for buttons, encoders, switches, etc.

SIM_Race_Controller.png

Specifications:
15 rpm leds
6 warning leds
4 extra leds
32 buttons / 16 encoders
4 rotary switches
2 analog inputs

For more info, contact us or visit our Facebook page.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi

It will be released in October 2016. It can be used as a standalone indicator or integrated on steering wheels. It also has inputs for buttons, encoders, switches, etc.

SIM_Race_Controller.png

Specifications:
15 rpm leds
6 warning leds
4 extra leds
32 buttons / 16 encoders
4 rotary switches
2 analog inputs

For more info, contact us or visit our Facebook page.

Awesome, Got a link to the page handy ? Doesn't seem to come up when you search for "SimDisplay"

Upvote 0
I built mine from scratch, both the enclosure and the electronics. Identical dimensions as posted on the McLaren website. Self contained, no external display required. I've tested it with iracing and rFactor through Ethernet. Also has CAN bus interface so I can plug it to my street car OBD2. I also have an RS232 interface to connect to my race car data logger (Race Technology DL1).
Designed it with 4 analog inputs and 6 switch inputs, so I could wire it directly to controls on the steering wheel, though I haven't wired anything to it yet.
Picture attached
Vid when I was testing the LEDs

Attachments

• IMG_2689.JPG
    IMG_2689.JPG
    445.1 KB · Views: 1,337
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well since everyone else is showing theirs, I'll add mine. I actually haven't touched this project in almost a year so I was happy to plug it in and everything still worked. My goal was to create an exact replica of the McLaren PCU-8D enclosure and display itself. I have it working with F1 2015. So far it only loads a startup image then goes directly to this screen. I have a Ferrari SF15-T display variant loaded as well since this is going into my SF15-T wheel I've built (which is also on hiatus), so pretty limited on functionality at the moment. The enclosure fits all generic 4.3" displays and will also have a back panel designed for it like the real thing (eventually). As you can see, no led covers yet as I haven't found a way to create this perfectly (to my standard) yet. The photo below shows black and white but also supports color of course.
PCU-8D_1.jpg

captura_de_pantalla_2014-02-10_a_las_09.31.56.png

Upvote 0
I got to print an enclosure for my version, which now has side LEDs as well. The enclosure is simple and not that realistic but it is functional. Short video below.

Jean, Can I ask how you got your dash to commuicate with your Car CAN bus? Would love to make a dash for my race car, Is it a matter of making a converter from can to some other format, Or you managed to make the screen receive the can messages directly?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi guys, sorry to ressurect an old thread but just realised I got a mention on here for the youtube video so thought I should give some more info.

The device in the video was the Ultimate Game Tech dev kit (from https://ultimategametech.com/), there is now a new version which is thinner and easier to wire up buttons and encoders etc (only needing a single USB connection) - and it is actually available to order.

The enclousre isn't available yet but there is a thingiverse page with designs for a front plate so you can 3d print it yourself https://www.thingiverse.com/UltimateGameTech/designs

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back