Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Did a few little "upgrades" recently.
First, added a Cobra Imola S seat which I mounted a Aura Pro Bass Shaker (tactile transducer) to the back. There's the 75 watt rms home subwoofer amp still sitting there on the floor, ...
:)

Wow very nice:) , that Aura Pro transducer, does it rattle when you mount it to the back of the chair? also is it straight bolt? or you did something to the chair (ie bracket inside ) so the fibre glass doesnt' cracked when it shakes

420729_349285558426965_100000365721689_1150369_382455669_n.jpg

Wow very nice:) , that Aura Pro transducer, does it rattle when you mount it to the back of the chair? also is it straight bolt? or you did something to the chair (ie bracket inside ) so the fibre glass doesnt' cracked when it shakes

I (as much as I hated doing this to a beautiful seat that I can't afford since used racing seats are few and far between and def not cheap in my area) drilled holes through the seat, so the bolts go through the seat (from the inside) and the nut tightening it to the back of the seat. I deliberated for a while whether I even wanted to re-mount the transducer to the new seat, eventually just doing it and hoping for the best.

There is a little foam pad on the back of the transducer right from the factory, so there is a little little gap between it and the seat. I've never heard any rattling, and before I mounted it I two-way taped it in a few different places to find where the most "impact" would be felt.

As for it cracking? Thanks for scaring me for the rest of my life that I'm going to ruin the seat!!! I just have the bolts going through holes I drilled. Do you have experience with fibre-glass cracking? I didn't expect to have any problems with it, especially with that little bit of foam in between it and the seat. I guess I could fill the gap of the hole/threads with some glue to help with that, but I'm not sure. Like I said, I don't expect any problems (but I've been definately wrong before ;) ) .

Those BMW shifters look pretty rad, I would love to try one of those. I wish the Frex had a more serious/definitive "chunk" when shifting. I haven't got around to tightening the spring, but I doubt it will really do what I really want. I love watching in-car videos of Porsche GT3 RSR's and the driver has to give a huge *yank* back. One day I will make my own with the long arm and strong leverage needed to make the shift...
As for H-Shifters, I just can't be interested in those in a racing sense. Nothing I'm interested in uses them, but I don't really like paddle shifting either. It makes sense in my head, it's just not as much fun as sequential in my mind.

I (as much as I hated doing this to a beautiful seat that I can't afford since used racing seats are few and far between and def not cheap in my area) drilled holes through the seat, so the bolts go through the seat (from the inside) and the nut tightening it to the back of the seat. I deliberated for a while whether I even wanted to re-mount the transducer to the new seat, eventually just doing it and hoping for the best.

There is a little foam pad on the back of the transducer right from the factory, so there is a little little gap between it and the seat. I've never heard any rattling, and before I mounted it I two-way taped it in a few different places to find where the most "impact" would be felt.

As for it cracking? Thanks for scaring me for the rest of my life that I'm going to ruin the seat!!! I just have the bolts going through holes I drilled. Do you have experience with fibre-glass cracking? I didn't expect to have any problems with it, especially with that little bit of foam in between it and the seat. I guess I could fill the gap of the hole/threads with some glue to help with that, but I'm not sure. Like I said, I don't expect any problems (but I've been definately wrong before ;) ) .

Hi Gary :)

I would seriously consider beefing up the Glass fiber a smidge ;) Prevention is better than cure.

Hi Gary :)

I would seriously consider beefing up the Glass fiber a smidge ;) Prevention is better than cure.

Hey Brian.

Do you think that if I drilled the holes out bigger, re-bolted the transducer back in but fill the excess gap with glue that it would prevent it from any type of damage? The glue should have a little flex here and there. Other than that, I'm accepting idea's in almost every form. Now that you guys have got me all scared. Do you think it would crack right in the holes, or just from the bolts vibrating? If I put some soft washers on either side? Is that what you guys think is what I should do, or do you mean something substantial where the bolts go through the seat?

Thanks in advance, anybody and everybody! ;)

It will probably be O.K. but, I would just thicken the area around the hole with some G/Fiber paste or some proper G/F matt and resin if you can, just to reinforce it a little.

That kind of vibration and the extra weight warrants a little effort to be safe. G/F car body repair 'paste' will do it, rough up the area around the holes with some sandpaper, mix and spread some G/F paste around the area of the hole, make it say 3-6mm thick, let it set and re-drill the hole...all sorted ;)

Some small changes from my side :)
After driving a while with a projector, i thought it would be time for me to drive with tripple screen as wel.
But what is the best size for a tripple screen set up, and i thought the bigger the better!!!!! and boy was i wrong :p

I have bought 3x50 inch screens, and they where huge.

diversen112.jpg

By levasier at 2012-02-12

diversen117.jpg

diversen119.jpg

So after some testing i diceded they where to big, and luckely i had an agreement, that i could change them within a mounth.
So now i have 3x32" Full HD 3D screens (LG the LW 45 series)
And thats much better:cool:

nieuwsimrig125.jpg

By levasier at 2012-03-10

nieuwsimrig127.jpg

But again i have come to the conclusion that something was wrong, with the current simrig set up, i was not able to reach into my wardrobe, and to walk around naked al day was not an option, at least not in the winter time.
So i adjusted my sim rig.
I cut of the rear side of my rig, and made it a bit more compact.

nieuwsimrig130.jpg

And again, after some testing, this was the best set up for my sim stuation.

nieuwsimrig130.jpg

I have made a plateau for my mouse, and a keybord holder.

nieuwsimrig131.jpg

nieuwsimrig133.jpg

Now it was time for some filling and grinding.

nieuwsimrig139.jpg

At first i had painted it black, but it was to shiny, it looked liked the piano of Wibi Soerjadi (famous dutch piano player), so i changed it into black matt.

nieuwsimrig140.jpg

nieuwsimrig143.jpg

nieuwsimrig158.jpg

nieuwsimrig158.jpg

nieuwsimrig158.jpg

The next step is to bring on some stickers/decals in the style of our racing team (Rare Endurance Team) wich is black/orange.

And i want to buy back my Frex iff possible, i have sold it, so i could use the money to build up my trackdaycar, the guy who bought it is still not using the Frex, it's still standing in his garage, doing nothing.
If he does not sell it, i will buy a new black racing seat.

Greatings.

Erwin Levasier

I have also upgraded my computer (thanks to Robin Tol for helping to choose and install)

ASUS HD7970-3GD5

Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB DDR3-1600 CL8 kit

Crucial m4 128GB

Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B

Gigabyte GA-P67X-UD3-B3

Intel Core i5 2500K

Samsung DVD-reWriter SH-222AB

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling