Show us your Rig / Cockpit

simcockpit.jpg

I'd like to be the first to say "Wow. I really... REALLY like it Antonino".
Great button box up top, I like the acrylic covers on the electronics too.
Oh and you know, the Frex hardware, Sabelt seat. Everything really.

Spent some more time on my pit over christmas, fully integrated working gauges now and gear indicator display :)

Just need to paint and carpet the thing and tidy some loose ends.

Just finished semi-annual wheel maintenance, new gleening silicone layer between cogs to remove any gaps , new support band for the wheel axel mount and few other fixes.. Time to fire up the game...

I'm sorry about no-pics, my cell has an awful camera but one may get the idea by looking at this animation:
:
Gears_animation.gif

I just apply a layer of clear silicone to the teeths, it's elastic, resiliant and cheap. After applying the layer, i let it sit until it's dry, about 1h or so but not the let it completely harden, then reassemble the parts and it takes about ten turns of the wheel to mold it perfectly, then turn it all to way to one end and let it sit there for couple of hours.. Thus i got a MOMO Force without any gaps. There were really no gaps before maintenance but some of the silicone had worn out in the center so it was getting a "loose" feeling, i mean, if i check with DXTweak, i could get a precise reading with just slightest touch but it was time to check the damage and tighten the screws.... The bad thing is that the silicone layer have to be stripped off and reapplied twice a year ( i drive daily so it gets huge amount of mileage...)

Just a tip to make an old worn out Momo back to life, it's actually better than new...

EDIT: :rolleyes: And i forgot to attach the wires to the wheel buttons... damn...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.