Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Here's my racing setup,
Maybe in the near/far future will have a real racing cockpit but for now this setup is very convenient... :)

59192635.jpg

OK so here is our "very loosely based on a Frex SCM" setup but converted to run XSIM now as the Frex controllers kept breaking

Sim
Frex wheel
Frex triple pedal setup with hydraulic brake and "vibro"
Frex sequential shifter
Corbeau Revenge seat
Luke 4 point harness
Custom made triple screen mount
3 x Panasonic Viera L32E3
Logitec X-530 5.1 sound

PC
Asus P8P67M PRO
i5 2500K
8GB DDR3 RAM
Radeon HD6870

IMG_0421.jpg

My first attempt at a PiP video (720p) showing it in action but not quite 100% in sync!

Here's mine, just temporary in MDF till my aluminium profile comes in the New Year.

CST Pedals
CSR-Elite
BMW Sequential Shifter
G27 H Box (to be replaced with a TH8 RS, then eventually Todd Cannons H Box)
Mimo 7"
3x24" Dells
Homemade Button Box
Roccat Kave 5.1 Head set
2 x Buttkicker Gamers (1 under seat, 1 on shifter )

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

There's another buttkicker under the seat, the one on the shifter makes the whole front cockpit vibrate. Just enough to notice, not enough to hide any FFB. Have a better solution in mind just waiting till the New Year and new cockpit build.

Looks hectic but well thought out mate. Might be cheaper to just paint the mdf rather than re-make it in metal?
Well, I want a few of my ahem, larger friends to be able to have a go. Unfortunately this is revision 2 as rev 1 got squished and also the profile will allow me to make it slightly more adjustable. I'll also tidy it up a bit as well with all the cables being hidden.

Hi this is how i play my games

Latest upgrade is a buttonbox by Derek Speare (very nice) sittin on a Logitech G25, SLI-M by Leo Bodnar, wheel sparco 300mm, Frex sim3pedal, 3X24 screens,5040X1050 res, 2X2 wood and some ply for the rig and a nice racing chair ,the "roof" and box for the speakers wrapped in loudspeaker fabric, ledstripe as light and some imagine done! :) @ the moment

img2828q.jpg

img2909x.jpg

By limmeted at 2011-12-13

Very nice Anders, but how do you get into the seat? There doesn't appear to be enough room without knocking off the side speakers or tripping over the trash can, hehe.

Good observation there Jim :) it´s tight like a glove but the picture is a bit misleading, Once placed in the seat is an preparation for what´s to come :D look @ a driver change IRL doesent look that comfie......

Just a mini update of my sim-thing. I've had a Buttkicker Gamer for a while, but I've never been too happy with how it was mounted - First I had it mounted on the Nixim chassis but it just made a noise rather than making anything wobble as the nixim is so solid. Then I mounted it onto the metal seat base, and again, it was more noise than anything else, so I actually raced most of the time without it turned on so I didn't bother my wife too much. However, racing feels 'dead' without it, after getting used to at least some vibrations.

So, I had a brainwave this week - why not mount the buttkicker right in the seat foam - it means I'll feel most of the vibrations, and the noise should be limited.

I took the seat base off the frame, cut out some foam, inserted the buttkicker, and then put it all back together. The foam I removed was only about 50% of the way through the seat, so from the top you can't tell it's in there, apart from a buldge at the lower front edge from the handle

The result is fantastic - noise is reduced (although still audible) but the vibrations are _so_ much more powerful - I can literally feel everything now. I am now planning to buy another one, and mount it in the back, so the whole chair is a vibration machine.

Here's a few pics (and please ignore the dirty seat, it was 2nd hand and a bit grubby!

IMG_1920.JPG

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

-al

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks