Show us your Rig / Cockpit

To MY opinion the Oculus Rift is better overall: less screendoor effect, has ATW and ASW (since today, yay!), only one cable to the HMD and is lighter. Will get controllers per December 6th, like the Vive has. But I'm biased, don't hit me ;). Just try a Rift or a Vive.

Does anyone have any plans for a wood rig. I downloaded plans for the death-mobile rig from Inside Sim Racing, but wondered if anyone had any other plans. I was thinking of the ricmotech rig as well, but the ISR rig can be built for under $100 dollars. This will be a temp rig until I can save up the money to build a 80/20 rig. I live in New Jersey and profile aluminum seems to be more expensive in the States then in Europe.
Here You have Free plans from Niels http://www.mediafire.com/file/45bi88gxcbok35k/FoFoFuOne_v1.pdf
20160726_191343.jpg
20160726_191442.jpg

DSC_0039.JPG
DSCN0986.JPG
DSCN0990.JPG
I havn't posted before now, as my system was a WIP. since April I have completly rebuilt my gaming computer, bought a new monitor, a new racing seat, and swapped all the hardware from Logitech to Thrustmaster. Finally got it finished last night, so here it is :) I'd love a proper cockpit, but there's not enough room at home :-(

Hi Grahame, is your dash the Renovatio SRD-9c. I am thinking of getting one and was wondering if you would recommend them. Also did you buy the thrustmaster mount, it's not clear on the website how the dash attaches. Was wondering is the dash fixed to the base or moving with the wheel. Thanks.

yep, it's the SRD9-C. I bought it from Ricmotech in the USA. Cost a bloody fortune to get it over here to Germany. It comes as a pre-assembled bundle for the T300RS with the GT28 wheel. But they do have other options. What wheel do you have?
Here: http://www.ricmotech.com/category_s/1856.htm
It does turn with the wheel, and it's attached to the back of the wheel with strips of super strong 3M velcro which Ricmotech supply with it.
It's connected with a spiral cable which Ricmotech also supplies. You have to remember to unplug the cable before the wheel calibrates when you start or re-start the computer, otherwise the cable gets twisted, and eventually breaks. Ask me how I know that :)
I now have an USB extention cable, and when I turn the computer off, I disconnect the spiral connection cable from the USB extention cable, and wrap it around the spokes of my wheel, as access to the plug on the back of the SRD9-C unit is a bit fiddly. Since I've been doing that, I havn't had any more troubles with the cable. But I have a spare now , just in case. Amazon is your friend :)
The software is very stable, although to get it to work in AMS I had to install the plugin.dll manually from the AMS Beta. No sweat copying it over though.
On friday I'll be recieving this: http://simracinghardware.com/product/thrustmaster-t300-dashboard/ from SRH in England. I'm not sure if the SRC9-C will still fit on the wheel, due to the clearance between it and the new dashboard. I'll probably have to mod it to fit together with the new dashboard. If you have any more questions, fire away :)

Last edited:
Cheers Grahame, was hoping it would be a fixed dash to body. I am running a t500, i switch between the stock gt rim a 599 evo and the f1, not sure if would be happy with it turning with the wheel. Like I said it's not made clear on the website how it's attached, it states they do a mount for the t500 but there's no pictures or explanation. Will have a think about it. Big Thanks.

I hope it is too. It'll have cost me €320 till it gets here to Germany, ouch! I spent ages thinking about it before I pushed the button. I'll probably end up attaching the SRD9-C behind one of the "wings" on the new dashboard. Then it won't turn any more, but I still have all the info in my line of sight. I can attach it with 3m dual lock. I use that in my workshop for some jobs. It sticks like sh*t to a blanket :) I'm so pleased to be getting the dashboard: I hate groping around in the dark pushing keys on the keyboard. My wife is probably gonna do her nut when she sees it, I "forgot" to tell her I'd ordered it. How remiss of me....I'll be putting on my fireproof suit before I go home on friday just in case :)

Wouldn't want to be in your shoes on Friday, might cost you a bit more making up for your trigger finger:)
I have just emailed Renovatio Dev to check on mount, will be placing an order if it's fixed to the base. Fingers crossed!!

It'd interest me too, I find the info on their page a bit sparce when it comes to questions like this. I've heard though that their support is very good. Let me know what they said when you get a reply, you can PM me if you'd like

Wow! there is a lot of awesome rigs here! I am blessed to have this bad boy!

race sim.jpg

This is a poor image, their website has some better pics if you want to see details - Eleetus Motion Simulator. I had a pc rig before with Fanatec pedals and racing wheel. I really liked it, but my son got into "real car racing" (2007 Honda Civic) and he insisted on something better that could help him practice. Anyways it is a blast! Pleasure to be part of the community!

Epic rig mate, that looks brilliant! :)

some better pics if you want to see details - Eleetus Motion Simulator

However the website is shockingly poor! Ffs, how hard is it for websites to just give some specs, prices and configurations without all the nonsense no one cares about plastered everywhere...!

Anyway, looks like great fun #envy :D

Yesterday some new toys came from Sim Racing Hardware in England. I was expecting them on Friday, but no matter. So last night I modified my T300RS wheel, and changed a few other things around, as my SRD-9C didn't fit anymore in the wheel with the new dashboard. So I moved it to one side, stuck on the back of the left "wing" with 3M dual lock velcro tape. Here are some pics of how it looks now. It has made a world of difference, no more groping around in the dark trying to find the right keys for stuff, and driving off the track in the process :)
DSCN0997.JPG
DSCN1002.JPG

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back