1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show some love for Reiza's Copa Petrobras de Marcas on Steam :)

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Shovas, Oct 2, 2015.

1. A completely free, GSCE-based, championship experience, something like RaceRoom's DTM Experience. Lovely little package. It's a shame it only has mixed reviews on Steam. I really think Reiza should charge a little fee for it, it's worth it.

Show some love and go try it out and rate it/review it and help Reiza along. They're a great, super under-appreciated studio:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Yeah, good deal for those that don't own Stock Car Extreme - the Marcas cars are also included in SCE.
    I like the cars and physics but the sound is like finger-nails on a chalkboard to me - such a shrill buzzing I can't race em' for very long. But that's how they most likely sound IRL.
    If anyone doesn't own SCE, your missing a very good value!
  3. Slalom823

RDTCC S10 Champion Premium Member

It just might be the best free sim out there.
  4. BoogerMac

Premium Member

Copa is what got me started with Reiza. I tried Copa on a whim when the R3E servers were down and loved it. About the same time, Reiza started the crowd funding campaign. After a donation to get GCSE / Formual Truck and the upcoming game, it was like Reiza was calling for me. And I'm grateful for it!
  5. Missed the forum ? You should post this in other (sim/racing) forums if you want to attract more people to Reiza products. ;)
  6. That's what happens when simulators are free.
    Expect rF2 demo to have even worse reviews on Steam.
  7. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Yeah, unfortunately there's little we can do - lots of people try it for a few minutes because it's free, don't take the time to properly learn it because they were expecting a more arcade-like game, and then slap on a poor review. But that's how free-to-play games go, usually - I don't have exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure no one expects a majority of users to actually stick with them. (For instance, I'm fairly sure that for games like Path of Exile, a free-to-play ARPG, some 70% or so of users never even reach the first boss).
  8. watch the races on youtube, Reiza got the sounds right. The cars just sound bad, really bad, I'm glad the narrators don't stop talking.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. xnorb

Premium Member

As the Marcas are in GSCE, there's little incentive for GSCE owners to launch an extra sim.

If there's no auto steering adjustment i'd really suggest to Reiza to bring that update to the
    Marcas too, because this definitely puts a decent number of people off as with a wrong steering ratio it just feels wrong and in your first reaction you blame the sim to be bad.
  10. alexSchmurtz

Premium Member

It works the other way around for sure… I bought SCE after having a lot of fun in the Marcas! You can really enjoy a nice game with the Marcas, it is amazing to get so much for free! It still worked like a demo for me, and now I am really glad I bought the "full" game.
    (I remember trying the demo of the very first Stock Car game a few years ago: I spent the 90 mn trying to configure my wheel and had not been able to do a single lap comfortably before it ended… I shelved the idea of buying it then…)
  11. DaVeX↯

Premium Member

Marcas would be updated too?Would be great!!! I discovered GSCE thanks to Marcas.
    (Someone knows if can Marcas be modded? Like add new tracks and cars?A sort of rf lite)
  12. alexSchmurtz

Premium Member

You have a few downloads for Marcas… right here at RD! But it is pretty light… The tracks are just alternate versions of the ones in game, and you need to switch between original and modded tracks, you cannot have both at once. The 2013 season brings the Honda Civic but it is not up to Reiza quality level… Better wait for the official one in a few months (weeks?)!
    Don't forget that you still needed a serial for rFactor light while Marcas is a free game… No one would buy SCE if you could add all the content to Marcas...
  13. DaVeX↯

Premium Member

I know what you mean...
    I was asking because I followed the RD races and I want to install this year skins on it. lol
    A free content suitable for leagues, what a dream!!! lol
    Btw, thanks for your reply.
  14. alexSchmurtz

Premium Member

You can put the RD pack but you'll have to edit the .veh files, the classes line in particular. Marcas in not good for leagues: no online capabilities! ;)
    • Like Like x 1