PC1 Should I buy pCARS or not

Ihab Abbas

Premium
Hi there,
It is decision time to me "Should I buy pCARS or not"?! and to answer this question I have to ask some questions.
1- Do you consider it as a racing simulator when it comes to physics like rfcator and Race07 and iRacing, I want also the rfactor and iRacing guys to answer?
2- Does it has a respectable online system that allows bunch of cars to compete or not?
3- Should I pay one time payment or monthly payment like iRacing?
4- What is the best minimum computer configurations that could give out the maximum performance with every thing on maximum as graphics and frame rate?
Best

Instead of going off on a ECCI tangent, why not discuss the main thrust of Kevin's post? I.E. there is a disproportionate amount of negativity toward pCARS here. Putting aside Ivo's "because we can" argument, what is it about pCARS that generates so much hate here, and only here? It's not rational.

I didnt say "because we can" as i personally dont do it for a hobby or anything.
And i dont come here often also.
Just saying it looks more negative here because its the only real place people can question somethings about pCars. So the ratio is offcourse more negative. If SMS would allow abit of negativity in there own forum. It would be exactly for example the same as ISI's rFactor 2 forum. 50/50

As has been said multiple times in this thread, there is no suppression of negative comments in the pCARS forum. As a matter of fact, in any given "build x" discussion, the majority of comments are negative, since we're trying to find out what is still wrong. What is not tolerated is rude or dismissive comments, and this thread is reeking with those.

Thats not mine experience.
(Couple of months back)

I gave some perfect normal feedback on the FFB on the WMD a month ago or so. No rant or anything. Just normal behaviour like i do on any forum.
Got attacked by several members right away and before i could respond normally on that. The thread was locked and deleted.
They treat people really bad there if you have some slight critism. With i just call feedback in my eyes as they are asking for it.
I dont have really hopes for the product atm as they only want to hear the positive feedback and not the negative. And that isnt really gonna help the games progress.

I like the game btw. Its fun for a Sunday evening. A week ago my nephew visited and i let him play the game as Sims are to difficult for him and he enjoyed it and me to. My problem doesnt lay with the game. But how SMS handles members. I never came across how bad they do it ever in my whole gaming life.

I'm sorry Ivo, but quoting a comment from this thread as "proof" isn't going to work. It's the over-the-top histrionics and blatent lies in this thread that is at the very heart of Kevin's post, so why should anyone believe that quote? Which, by the way is also not true. I could give you thousands of examples of criticism on the pCARS forum. Thousands!!! And it's the very existance of all that criticism that makes
They treat people really bad there if you have some slight critism
a complete falsehood. So don't go quoting the rants of the haters in here as "proof".

That was you that you were quoting? Fine... let's look at it.

You said:
They treat people really bad there if you have some slight critism

I told you that there were thousands of criticisms on the pCARS forum with no one being treated bad. If I can produce some number (you give me a reasonable number) of criticisms where the person criticizing was not treated badly, then that would make your statement false, would it not?

i think calling someone a liar is a bit personal. im sure there is some harmless criticism that hasnt been well met. i havent run into that tho. ive questioned throttle detection, weight transfer, and the camber of the corners at watkins and havent run into any bad feelings toward me. i dont believe everyones experience is the same tho, im sure there are those who get labeled from the beginning so their criticism comes off as vulgar and not productive even tho it may have been harmless. kind of like me here. because i say good things about pcars i feel like ive been labeled the enemy. even tho i have just as much experience sim racing as a lot of, enjoy the same sims as a lot of you, and im nerdy enough to build a whole cockpit in my basement much to the displeasure of my wife. so i load up pcars and enjoy my time with it then i dont know what im talking about. there seems to be a group of jilted no grip followers that have carried their drama over to RD and i havent been on no grip much to know the circle of unhappiness over there. i dont believe sms is guilt free of all this but i also dont believe they shun ALLcriticism because i have criticized and seen others do it with no backlash.

I don't understand the venom in these posts and the game hasn't been released yet. I paid my money because I drive from the cockpit and how it looks makes a big difference to me. I'm not a racing driver and the only sporty car I've ever owned are a Rover with a Ford Duratec V8. Also a Lancia Prisma which I thought was a nice little car to drive. Maybe if I owned a higher spec car now instead of my 3.2 litre Merc M class I might understand the arguments. But I don't. My cars never slid off the road very much unless I really abused them. I forgot my Montego Turbo diesel, that was fast too.
Therefore I don't feel qualified to make much criticism except for reasons of graphics and feeling when I'm zooming around in the open top pcars. I feel it was worth the money but I don't like people making me feel like some kind of person to be pitied or a fool because I feel that way. If people bring such poison to the table they should at least state their real experience and maybe others like me would take notice. I don't count sim experience because that doesn't mean anything.

Keep in mind that I called no one a liar. I pointed out a statement that was false.

You pointed out that the statement never happend. So you call it a lie as it never happened in your eyes.
And i have nothing against members of pCars. For god sake i am also one as i stated before. I just dont like how SMS handles their members. And yes i only can count my own experience on that. And that wasnt good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back