MGP14 Seriously Milestone?

I was very excited for the game, but immediately at the start (PC) theres the first bummer.

Sure does look like HD textures...

It seems like the HD textures (Which I activated in the menu) arent activated AND the resolution is definetly not 1680x1050

Last edited:
Guys, I've finally found a solution to the stuttering.
I found this thing - http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

It will only work for 64 bit users. Basically what it does is it makes the game use 4 GB of ram instead of 2GB which is why it stutters so much (something like that).

I also found a good configuration of the config.ini.
[Language]
LanguageID=9
[Video Configuration]
DeviceID=0
DeviceType=11
DeviceOrdinal=0
Windowed=
VSync=1
MultisampleQuality=4
vmode/color_bits = 32
vmode/alpha_bits = 24
vmode/depth_bits = 24
vmode/stencil_bits = 32
Width=
Height=
RefreshRate=60
[Audio Configuration]
DeviceID=0
Voices=0
Mute=0
Speakers=Stereo
[Graphic Configuration]
AFX=1
HiResTextures=1
vmode/multisamples = 4
MultisampleQuality=4
vmode/color_bits = 32
vmode/alpha_bits = 24
vmode/depth_bits = 24
vmode/stencil_bits = 32
Heightmap Preset=1
You can change the Windowed, Width and Height numbers. It works pretty fine! Also, after editing the ini file, make it read-only. The game will say "Cannot save config.ini", but that's no problem.

I also found a good configuration of the config.ini.

Adding these lines is a joke. They do not make any difference.
(on Nvidia at least)

[Video Configuration]
MultisampleQuality=4
vmode/color_bits = 32
vmode/alpha_bits = 24
vmode/depth_bits = 24
vmode/stencil_bits = 32

[Graphic Configuration]
vmode/multisamples = 4
MultisampleQuality=4
vmode/color_bits = 32
vmode/alpha_bits = 24
vmode/depth_bits = 24
vmode/stencil_bits = 32
Heightmap Preset=1

Instead, if you would like a little bit more resolution, sort of supersampling antialising-like, try my config, just put:

Width=2880
Height=1620

Save and make read only.
The game is going to report error, as usual, just ignore them and play.

Adding these lines is a joke. They do not make any difference.
(on Nvidia at least)

[Video Configuration]
MultisampleQuality=4
vmode/color_bits = 32
vmode/alpha_bits = 24
vmode/depth_bits = 24
vmode/stencil_bits = 32

[Graphic Configuration]
vmode/multisamples = 4
MultisampleQuality=4
vmode/color_bits = 32
vmode/alpha_bits = 24
vmode/depth_bits = 24
vmode/stencil_bits = 32
Heightmap Preset=1

Instead, if you would like a little bit more resolution, sort of supersampling antialising-like, try my config, just put:

Width=2880
Height=1620

Save and make read only.
The game is going to report error, as usual, just ignore them and play.
They actually work. The results were nice shadows and bloom actually, better than the vanilla game offered.

I just played the demo on my Xbox 360 and my goodness it is the worst!

Pro's: Bike sounds are pretty good

Cons; sub lo-res shadows
no Anti-Aliasing
hardly any FXAA
crooked tires and textures when watching a replay (I was shocked when I saw Rossi's knee slider protruding the ground instead of sliding on it, yeah Seriously milestone!?!?)

No disrespect to Milestone and Co, but how can they deliver such a product? It's slacks so much that I had the feeling that I was playing a pre-Beta, and yes this might be a demo (which was released after it's final product) but even for demo standards this is complete and utter garbage.

After having played the 360 version, I truly hope license shall be given to a developer like Codemasters or Turn 10. Although they've never made a bike game, I know for a fact that it will be 10 times better than MotoGp 14.

I just played the demo on my Xbox 360 and my goodness it is the worst!

Pro's: Bike sounds are pretty good

Cons; sub lo-res shadows
no Anti-Aliasing
hardly any FXAA
crooked tires and textures when watching a replay (I was shocked when I saw Rossi's knee slider protruding the ground instead of sliding on it, yeah Seriously milestone!?!?)

No disrespect to Milestone and Co, but how can they deliver such a product? It's slacks so much that I had the feeling that I was playing a pre-Beta, and yes this might be a demo (which was released after it's final product) but even for demo standards this is complete and utter garbage.

After having played the 360 version, I truly hope license shall be given to a developer like Codemasters or Turn 10. Although they've never made a bike game, I know for a fact that it will be 10 times better than MotoGp 14.
You want hell? How about Monumental's successor?
The only good MotoGP game developer was Namco Bandai, with Milestone being a close second with MotoGP08 and MotoGP 13.

Codemasters F1 game series is complete garbage, the only good thing is the graphics. The physics is just arcade. I hope they never get to produce MotoGP games. Namco being able to work for a next gen title would be interesting though

You want hell? How about Monumental's successor?
The only good MotoGP game developer was Namco Bandai, with Milestone being a close second with MotoGP08 and MotoGP 13.

Lol Monumental's projects were worth vomiting. I still play the namco series though, I got them all on my PS2 emulator. Never really liked Motogp 08 tbh, Motogp 07 by Climax was the real deal, a solid/awesome game that had the best lobbies on both PC and Xbox 360. Perhaps it was aracade, and maybe the sim mode as well but my goodness did we enjoyed playing this game, because let's face it, the game was enjoyable and way better than Motogp 14.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back