1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sergio Perez moves to McLaren

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bram, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

View the Post on the Blog

2. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

WTF!

3. You want to see Perez at Ferrari?

4. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Well, I was expecting him to be at Ferrari in the future, wasn't expecting this.

But what I would like is Alonso winning WDC this year and Massa (driver I like and support since Sauber) finally win it in 2013, so for the near future I just want Felipe stays on the team, if this helps, welcome.

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I also thought he would go to Ferrari but I am sure Perez in a McLaren is a winning combination.

• Like Like x 1
  6. With Alonso at Ferrari, I think for Perez the McLaren was his best option. At Ferrari he would always be the second driver.

• Like Like x 1
  7. it is unexpected to see Perez in McLaren , all F1 lovers are expecting that he will join Ferrari
    it is such an amazing news
    but Sergio is excellent driver and his new place is not greater than him :thumbsup:

8. It seems Di resta re-signed with Force India too early...

9. perez is going to be unleashed, he really is an awesome driver.. Just hope they dont coax the aggression out of him too much like they did with Lewis

10. Perez is fast...Ferrari lost a good driver...with him and Alonso they might have won the constructors next year. So who's gonna replace Massa?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jenson and Sergio in the same team, my two favourite drivers in the same team!
    I thought he would have gone to Ferrari but I was surprised at this decision.
    Sergio is a future world champion in the making, this is just one step closer to that dream.
    I'll be with my Mexican flag at Silverstone next year, Go Checo!

12. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

+1000, McLaren is doing a great mistake, it was Sauber, not Perez who did those amazing jobs at this season... :O_o: Perez was not "so" much faster than Kobayashi afterall.
    Button should be very happy.

13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

I was more thinking that Perez is also gental with the tyres or can make them last longer with his driving style like Button, and this can only help in the development of the car.. going in one direction:) it also helps that he can gas it up when needed

14. Samuel Fuller

Samuel Fuller
    Premium Member

I love this news finally two respectable drivers in a good team. Now all we need is Williams (the most respectable team in the paddock) to sign two respectable drivers to match there team. Also I think Massa should really consider moving to Sauber or Williams He will never win again in a ferrari because alonso is team number 1 and mentally Massa cant take being told that. I think this has effected his pace massively.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D nest news I've heard all year, it's awesome! :)

16. SERGIO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17. I could be wrong (and I really hope I am), but Perez may not be as good as people think he is. He's a very good driver, but I don't think he is a top driver. First off, he was beaten in GP2 by 16 points to Maldonado, and apart from a couple of podiums, has generally been slower than Kamui, who finished 16th in both his seasons in GP2. Hamilton won GP2 in his rookie season (Perez wasn't competing for the championship in his first year), dominating future F1 drivers Glock and Di Grassi, and beating Piquet who had a whole years experience of GP2. So to put my rant into simpler terms (which I should have done in the first place), Perez is a very good driver, but I don't think he'll ever be able to match the kind of speed Hamilton got out of the car.

• Like Like x 3
  18. I totally agree with you.

19. I think Sergio will do a good job at McLaren. He obviously has the speed. What both he and the team need to concentrate on, is the polish.
    From a marketing standpoint, McLaren have just tapped into a whole new realm of marketing with the Mexican and latin-American market.
    On a personal level, I really hate to see Lewis go. Since Ayrton's departure, despite a lot of good drivers coming and going, Lewis became the 'face' of McLaren for me. I really wish he continues to do well at Mercedes.

20. Totally agree with you.

I think S.Perez will be first driver at McLaren after the first year.
    He would finish alot before J.Button.

GO PEREZ!!! My favorite driver in F1. Cute babyface xD