Season 9 Race 2 SPA 2008 Incident Report

what id like to know is when does it become a two way street to avoid sync issues as apposed to always the guy whos closer to the server?.

It is a two way street :) Like Peter sais in his post, he does not defend position, partly due to the sync issue if I understood him correctly.

If you feel that Tim defends in a way that in combination with the sync issue makes it impossible to try an attack, I think it is more than just to raise the issue with Tim here in the forum, and I am sure he would be happy to discuss it.

Sometimes though, like tight track's like Hungaroring, there is no way to try a pass without taking too great risks. In these cases we must thing strategy in stead, or wait in safe distance for a mistake.

EDIT: Alfonso, that is a race report, not an incident report. Allow me to edit...

Andy Paries crashes into me.
I get aero and suspension damage that severely decreases my speed.

That wasn't good (the incident), nor was Andy's incident report.

I think Andy suffers from little time and/or motivation for preparing for league races at the same time as this is his 10th season, almost never missing a race, makes it hard from him to sit one out or retire.

I trust that Andy will better self regulate himself in the future.

(...) so now am P14 with henrik catching me fast, so i start to push harder & spin at bus-stop :O_o: sorry henrik because of my spin u drive into me :( sorry again, so i lost 2 place's due to that spin,but survive car damage :) & sorry if u did henrik(...)

:) - I was like a moth to a flame...
Instead of being able to avoid you I actually hit you head on, as it happened I actually laughed at myself.
No apology needed m8 - a typical race incident.

Here is the BIG black spot on my race at Spa.
Tim has forgiven me, but it was a hard pill to swallow and an unforgivable mistake on my part.
I had just been into pits and changed to wets and was making up several places as drivers struggled on the wet.
Being totally focused on my own race I thought I was about to pass a backmarker - from my view I also thought he gave me space - but I clearly weer off to the right and ruin Tims race. Effectively changing the outcome of the entire race.

Not the best of views, but you can clearly see my mistake.

I tried to stay on track instead of going outside the track - not Alfonsos fault at all.

I disagree, Alfonso created the situation, It is easy to say how you should have reacted in hindsight, but looking at the video you were put in a tricky situation where I cannot say I would have done a better job myself.

That's two spins leading to contact with other cars I've heard about so far from Alfonso in this race, (but only the first was mentioned in his "incident report").

Best way of not having to spend loads of time on incident report is not having one :)

I only see one & i think i only had one in spa too al watch reply again tonight just to make sure :thumbsup:
Hmm, I might acctually be mistaken, the reason I thought it was two is that I also saw an incident where you spun and collected 1 or 2 cars on the RD broadcast, the commentators commented it :) But come to think of it, it might be the same incident as the one mention here... but I had a feeling it was much earlier in the race, lap 3 or 4 perhaps... but I might very well be mistaken.

Thanks for taking my criticism in a positive way :)

I disagree, Alfonso created the situation, It is easy to say how you should have reacted in hindsight, but looking at the video you were put in a tricky situation where I cannot say I would have done a better job myself

You are absolutely right, I think I chose my words badly.
It is indeed Alfonsos fault, what I meant to say was that it was more of a race-incident.
(compared to the incident with Paries).
I could be easy on him as I did the very same thing later in the race - although with some difference. (I did not cause any crash - will post later..)

You are absolutely right, I think I chose my words badly.
It is indeed Alfonsos fault, what I meant to say was that it was more of a race-incident.
(compared to the incident with Paries).
I could be easy on him as I did the very same thing later in the race - although with some difference. (I did not cause any crash - will post later..)

I totally understand what you mean Henrik :)

Too often I see driver's desire to be nice to each other comes in the way of nailing the reason for the incident. But it is not easy, and sometimes when one only try to be constructive one end up insulting the other party. But it is a great strengh if we are able to do it at the same time as remaining great friends :)

And thank you for your support Peter, this business is nothing I enjoy, I force myself to do it because I believe it is important. But I never feel good after writing a "strict message", and part of me regret it and I get a bit stressed when waiting to see how the recipient "takes it".

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back