Season 5 Race 8: Hockenheim Setup thread

The mod is a mod and has it flaws when it comes to setup. Real life knowlewdge does not always apply unfortunatly. This is in my eyes the greatest weakness of using this mod :(
I agree! When I first tried this mod, I didn't understand why I was slower than most of the pilots. I read lots of setup guides, tried to understand all the graphs on Motec i2, but it was not enough. Hopefully, in the middle of last season some fast people were starting to share their setup and I then discovered that there were more "hidden" parameter than the 7th gear setting. Setting all the 3rd suspension settings to 0 made me win a whole second at least, for instance. This season, with more people sharing their setup, I found other tips (very low ride height, less pressure in the tires, massive negative toe in, etc.) and won almost another second.

This is why I think it was a good idea to share our setups (it's also a good idea for closer competition). At least, everyone is now aware of the mod flaws and knows how to make a good basic setup.

Btw, I've updated my race setup, but it's a dry one so maybe I won't use it like this.

So to all - what do you think about this and what is the reason behind the Toe-In settings in your setups?
It allows for a better turn and more traction on exit. It's a shame that the mods' development has ceased [IMO].

Due to my setup difficulties last season I could offer no feedback on the mod during its' final stage of development...

BTW: I'll be using the setups I posted here as is; may need to change the tyre types and initial fuel load weather dictating. ;) GLA

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back