Season 15 Race 2 Singapore - Setup Thread

I haven't even tried the fsr version yet and I already can say that we should use it.
The racerfactor version has a ton of uneven walls which will explode your car into pieces when you slightly crape on it, just like the bad racerfactor-conversions of Monaco and Canada + a ton of other issues.

@David Turnbull the black-screens are again your nvidia drivers crashing

I think the time is coming where I might go back to the R9 290, I didn't get any crashes or black screens at all with that, soon as I get the GTX980 these problems start, really annoying me now, I've tried diffrent combinations of settings and it still happen's to the point there won't be any reason for me to turn up on race night :(

anyone wanna buy a GTX980 lol

I think the time is coming where I might go back to the R9 290, I didn't get any crashes or black screens at all with that, soon as I get the GTX980 these problems start, really annoying me now, I've tried diffrent combinations of settings and it still happen's to the point there won't be any reason for me to turn up on race night :(

anyone wanna buy a GTX980 lol
I spent more time last year trying to fix this **** than driving. At one point (right after the fsr season of course...) it mostly fixed itself without changes. Now it only happens on some rare tracks (Le Mans for example) or almost certain when I use the LMP cars from VEC or the one from RD.

Since there are easily 100 mentions of this scrambled through the ISI-forums and other forums, unfortunatly in almost as many threads and unfortunatly it does always gets blamed on faulty hardware ;( , I can give you two facts for this problem:

1.) It is 100% only happening with nvidia cards, there was not one single exception to this
2.) It is often happening when the card gets used close to 100% (this is not always the case though)

If you are familiar with registry editing, there is one thing you should try though
This helped multiple guys with the same problem (did not help me when the problem was the worst for me last year though):

Exit all Windows based programs.
Click Start, type regedit in the Search box, and then double-click regedit.exe from the results above. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\GraphicsDrivers
On the Edit menu, click New, and then select the following registry value from the drop-down menu specific to your version of Windows (32 bit, or 64 bit):

For 32 bit Windows:

Select DWORD (32-bit) value.
Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and click OK.

For 64 bit Windows:

Select QWORD (64-bit) value.
Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and clickOK.
Close the registry editor and then restart your computer for the changes to take affect.

I actually cheered when I read Tim Wheatly having this problem too a couple of days ago, hoping that it finally gets aknowledged as happening in combination with rf2 :D ,but I don't have too high hopes.

p.s. And use a FPS-cap if you aren't doing that already

Hm, Im not sure what Kris meant by "Times should work correct but you have to put use rfm in the JSON files on the server.". Do any of you know? I PMed him too.

From the player.JSON file:

"Practice1StartingTime":-1,
"Practice1StartingTime#":"-3=random, -2=random daytime, -1=default RFM, 0-1439=minutes after midnight",
"QualifyingStartingTime":-1,
"QualifyingStartingTime#":"-3=random, -2=random daytime, -1=default RFM, 0-1439=minutes after midnight",

Both of these should be set to -1 on server to use the GDB default P and Q times (nighttime for Singapore).

tested the FSR Singapore track on server this evening me and 5 AI no issue found,really good immersion inside track with the 9 in the evening and artificial lights with barriers more friendly:rolleyes:
a bit hard (for me :)) see the signs 100m and 50m write black on blue in the night but there are the barriers with a nice green color that help:D.

anyhow Thanks Kris for your help:thumbsup:

getmod was not working for me, had to get the track from FSR

Also can't join the server
"server connection failed"

Getmod is not configured at my server at least. I wonder if you tried to connect to my server at the same time as me when I also couldnt connect. After a couple of minutes it worked again tho. Can you try again?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back