1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 15 Race 2 Singapore - Setup Thread

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Sean Greenlaw, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Setup and a hotlap don't know if its any good but its a start and I can at least now finish a lap :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Haha Haha x 2
  2. Your Car goes lovely over the Curbs ^^ gonna try it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Some of them yes, some you have to stay clear still so some may be a optical illusion lol. I started with David's whatever that was made from and just played around I think I raised quite a bit and few changes to bumps in general it feels pretty stable and understeery, I think this at least lets me be somewhat consistent, will prob change a lot more if get more practise.

Track is a major buzz to drive though:cool: really feels quite difficult and I think even more a challenge than Monaco, only ever drove the gtr version which now seems quite inaccurate and tame in comparison.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Guys just to mention that the fsr track might be better. I'm getting much higher frame rate abd the track surface seems better.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Maybe a good idea I had a few graphic problems and had to lower some options.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tim McIver

Tim McIver
    PrestoGP Veteran Premium Member

I was going to give it a try but can't find a link? Is it publicly available David?

If it gives better framerates I'm all for it. If we are going to switch we better do it soon though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

ain't looked yet been a bit busy, will get on it tonight, if its available we will use it :thumbsup:

also has anyone experienced black screens with this track, my monitors flash, then it comes back and im usually in the wall, when i turn reflections back up it crashed to desktop, already tried 2 diffrent drivers, hopefully fsr version will cure this coz mostly i struggle to get a full lap in without it happening.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Phil Shillitoe

Phil Shillitoe
    Premium Member

Havent had any fps problems or black screens on the server, but when i drove it in single player mode in the 'day time', the gamma was far too high.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

anyone point us in the right direction for the download to fsr singapore?

10. @David O'Reilly I think we're all a bit lost looking for the FSR version, can you help?

11. I guess you need to register in the fsr forum. Then you can download it from there.

12. Tim McIver

Tim McIver

I registered on the FSR forum (2 minutes, very simple). They have a long thread with testing reports on their version of Singapore. They also discuss why the RaceR version is not good for league use. I downloaded the track and it certainly has much better FPS. It drives well. It's a bit different though, so we really should decide fast.

My vote is to switch over to the FSR version immediately. I presume we're not allowed to put the file up on our mediafire? @David O'Reilly ? It's an easy process to grab it anyway, I'm pretty sure a link to the FSR download wouldn't work if you weren't logged into the site.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

Is this the one? http://forum.formula-simracing.net/index.php?resources/marina-bay-street-circuit.25/

Im hosting a server with it now for all to try out.

14. Phil Shillitoe

Phil Shillitoe
    Premium Member

I registered on the FSR site, and got the automated email, but haven't received the activation email which enables me to log on to download the track from their site as yet.
    What's the server called Peter?- I cant find it mate (edit - found the server, just need the track now!).

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  15. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly

the download link is here but I think you can only see it once you are logged in.
    http://forum.formula-simracing.net/index.php?resources/

V1.3 is the latest now a couple of tweaks and improvements to lighting mainly.

Ill ask if they mind presto hosting it. Maybe they want ppl to sign up I dont know.

16. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly

17. Tim McIver

Tim McIver

Server still up?

18. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

I noticed the time of day-settings had to be edited in the ini-files so had to restart a couple of times, but now it's been up for 28 mins - I see you wrote 30 mins ago Tim ;)

19. Phil Shillitoe

Phil Shillitoe
    Premium Member

I still dont have access to the FSR track unfortunately-' All I get when I try to log in is 'Could not log you in. Driver is not yet validated by the administrators'

20. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly

Reply from FSR President.
    [12:55:29] Kris Cobb: well its on getmod
    [12:55:40] Kris Cobb: so they only have to host it on their server
    [12:55:45] Kris Cobb: it will dl from us
    [12:55:59] Kris Cobb: as long as they say its FSR Singapore I dont have an issue

• Like Like x 2