Season 11 - General Discussion

A general note to new drivers (Nelson and Joost), we need to see some display of consistency before we allow you in a league race. Everything done on the online servers is recorded, so eg. doing a stint without big mistakes goes a long way in convincing us.

I've been doing some offline testing, but none online. After the club race today, I will be sure to go onto the online server and set a consistent run. :thumbsup:

Consistency is considered more important than raw pace. If you keep spinning, just slow down. You can do 10 excellent hotlaps and ruin all that effort with one spin. That and running with the pack, brake early and make clear decisive moves. Running in midpack with these cars needs a bit practice, best bet is to hang out in the online server and asking if anyone wants to do some wheel-to-wheel, bumber-to-bumber racing. But even in the midpack, about half of the race is done alone so consistency is the key, if 1 sec slower takes you to the finishline, that's the pace you should keep.

How's did that saying go: "In order for you to finish first, you first have to ________"

How's did that saying go: "In order for you to finish first, you first have to ________"

I'm fairly certain it has something to do with finishing the race in one piece or keeping the car on the track. ;) But that's exactly what I was thinking. When I show up tomorrow, I do not intend to break any records or win the race. I just want to keep it on the track and make the least amount of mistakes possible. :cool:

Pit stop: we don't use pit speed limiters so configure your pit stop well ahead. You need "Pit limiter", "Confirm", "Ignition" and "Starter" buttons in easy to access location( for ex, pit limiter is in my wheel, confirm and all other pit functions are in separate keypad that i can access without looking).

Going to pits you go full speed and switch pit limiter off when it's auto engaged, press "confirm" to confirm your pit actions. When you refuel, your engine switch off. You can engage "Ignition" while it's refueling and start your motor when changing tires ( i do both when changing tires). This way you win 1-2s. Don't use autopit, it is not supported by all modded tracks (And you lose that 1-2s when your car is started, after it's wheels have changed and it's dropped to the ground)

While in pits, all vehicles are in "non-collision" or "ghost" mode (respective to each other, you can still collide with buildings etc) so you can drive thru vehicles if someone is in your way. If you're pit box is close to pit entry and you need to brake before the line, please notify it to others to avoid collisions.

Pitting is complex but i feel that it's complexity is essential part of the race today. A lot can happen, you can mess up before pits selecting the preset (oh yeah, make presets before race so you don't have to start doing math while racing..), overshoot your pit box, leave pit limiter on for too long, panic and forget to press "Confirm" etc. It can be VERY nervous experience and you need to start thinking about it early. Call pit crew at back straights ( in Interlagos at least in the last tight corner.) Pit crew takes 10 seconds or so to be ready. Choose your pit preset well ahead (i glance at it few laps before pits, just to check everythings ok, then drive until pit stop is imminent and make my pit call early. I get full confidence and can concentrate on pressing buttons). Interlagos has nice long turns at the end so you can go thru all actions needed with plenty of time. While still of course racing safe and fast. :) On tracks where pits are close to tight sections at the end, it's more important to choose where in the track to do what action. For ex, i wouldn't go selecting pit presets while going thru Beckets or Eau Rouge.

Good luck :) Practice practice practice..

Which rendition of Imola are we using? The 2008 one from Race On, or the one in 'extras'?
Good question. I think the safest would be to use the one that came with Race07 (the extras one). Any objections?

I can't open prestogp.com :confused:
My local connection problems? Or something wrong with the site?
I can log onto the site Alex, so I am guessing it is something on your side.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.