F1 2010 Sao Paulo - Brazil (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I just got a 1:05.685 which I'm quite pleased with.

I started using wekkie's setup (viktor anderson/grisfiske), then tried goldenbortz's. What I found was that wekkie's setup felt more stable, and bortz's gearing got me ahead of my ghosts more easily. So I made a hybrid setup using bortz's gears and wekkie's setup, although wekkie had 4/1 wings and I used 2/1 in the end. I saved the setup and named it 'bortzwek combo' :)

hey guys! 1st post (yay)

i'm currently on season 2 in the Lotus and can get in the points on nearly all the races playing on medium dificulty.

one problem. on this race the pole is 1.04.xxxx (8 secs ahead of real life) and everyone else is around this mark even the HRT and virgin teams are 1.06.xxxx to the mid 1.05. this leaves me 7-8 seconds behind everyone as the fastest i can do is 1.12.xxxx

during the P-Q-R sessions i've tried all the setups, i've even tried grand prix mode with half race distance to see if it was a temp glitch, and i was lapped by vettel, massa and alonso...twice :-(

is there anything i'm doing really wrong?

i'm on ps3 with control pad, but this doesn't affect me on any other races as i'm always around the real life times.

any help appreiciated

Using Viktor's setup, I got 1.08.039 with ABS on, and with a RBR.
But, in the career mode, I was able to get around 1.07.200 using a Ferrari and with no corner cutting! In TT, I can't get down of 1.08.400 with the same setup and with Ferrari...

Sorry Wekkie (Grisfiske)

Happy Hunting!!

Controller G25 Logitech Steering Wheel

Time Trial
Time: 1:04:816
Car: Mclaren
No Assists

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 40% - R 60%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox

Gear 1: 132 kph / 82 mph
Gear 2: 172 kph / 107 mph
Gear 3: 211 kph / 131 mph
Gear 4: 244 kph / 152 mph
Gear 5: 280 kph / 174 mph
Gear 6: 326 kph / 202 mph
Gear 7: 365 kph / 227 mph

Engine

Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: n/a

Alignment

Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.10
Toe rear: 0.35

another good setup from andrew, nice one m8. my fastest lap b4 this setup was (engineer robs fastest settings) got a 1:10.444 in a mclaren.. with this setup (with changes to engine map (standard) and brake size standard (dont have option to change them yet).

car= redbull
P= on primes @ 1:10.930 (greed track rain washed rubber away).
Q= on options @ 1:10.523 (i could have got it abit faster if i stayed at it longer).
Race= got a time of 1:10.082 on options b4 my 1st planed pitstop went to primes got avg times of late 1:12's to low 1:13's then back to pits for last run on options (still had 2 new engines spare for R19 (yeah i know if i noticed that earlier i would have used fast maps sooner)) so i put engine to fast map and got the time down to 1:09.722.

funny thing for that race i had the AI set wrong it was on "amature" (forgot to go higher level after my daughter had a quick go) thought it was abit strange when started laping cars @ lap 16 (couldnt be bothered to reset race) by the time the race was over i lapped 2nd place lewis 3 times and the back makers at 5 or 6 laps (probley would have lapped them more times but was having fun making the ferrari's crash (their 5th in the WCC atm, alonso 7th & massa 8th in WDC). :p

Victor's setup. Career year 4 of 7. Virgin, legend, no assists but traction, full sim. Qualification 1:10:436, pole. Race, 8th, 1:13:038 personal.Logitech Momo racing wheel.

Tried Astromech's setup and I was pretty impressed that i was able to get into the low 1:10's consistently in my career lotus, during my first practice on my first season in career. Thought I'd try Bram's setup on the second page too and I managed a 1:09.125 which I was immensely proud of cause I'm really not great at the game lol. I think Bram's is a faster setup, but is a bit trickier to maintain for more than one lap, or at least thats my conclusion.

Both are great setups though, cheers.

*edit: just completed the race with a fastest lap of 1:08.537 :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.