Ryzen AM5 ; 7000

This is my config. File attached to the post too.
I have 1 CPU fan and 6 case fans, 2x Y-cables.
Nice! I've not tried this (tinkered a wee bit with SpeedFan many years ago but never used that a lot either).

One thing I'm curious about: if the FanControl app hangs, let's say while the temperatures are all nice and low (one could likely suspend the process to simulate that... :whistling:), what happens when the temperatures rise, or indeed what's the worst-case scenario? Perhaps the fans won't spin up at all, or perhaps there's a curve still in place... (Thinking about it, provided one trusts the throttling to kick in, it's probably kind-of OK for the fans to stay slow/off during a control failure.)

Nice! I've not tried this (tinkered a wee bit with SpeedFan many years ago but never used that a lot either).

One thing I'm curious about: if the FanControl app hangs, let's say while the temperatures are all nice and low (one could likely suspend the process to simulate that... :whistling:), what happens when the temperatures rise, or indeed what's the worst-case scenario? Perhaps the fans won't spin up at all, or perhaps there's a curve still in place... (Thinking about it, provided one trusts the throttling to kick in, it's probably kind-of OK for the fans to stay slow/off during a control failure.)
Good question. If I exit FanControl, the BIOS fan curves take over.
But I'm not sure what would happen if it hangs/freezes, so wouldn't release the controls.

It never hang in 3 years, good enough for me :p

But yeah my 7600X is power limited to 90W and the fans don't switch off, they still spin at 35% at idle.
That's enough to keep the heat "non-critical" if something happens. I didn't change the temp limit, apparently.. I meant to set it to 85°C, oops.

But to see what happens if the cooling fails with modern CPUs:
At 5:58 they start Cinebench while the CPU has no cooler attached and is already ceiling at 99-100°C :D

Thanks for the super detailed breakdown of your FanControl setup. Ive been using it also since I saw Jayz video :thumbsup:, but have not gone into great detail, lots to learn ha.

I did try to create a mixed curve based on CPU and GPU temps, set to operate at the max temp but it doesnt seem to work properly. Even when GPU is highest, the CPU curve is always applied. The CPU fan curve is faster so could the max function mean fan speed not temp?

Also what is your idle cpu temp at 25% fans? What is a good idle temp for the 7600X to have a good long life? Mine is between 37-42c depending on the weather/room temp. If i go too low on my cpu fan it makes a pulsing noise which is actually more noticable than a higher rpm

Last edited:
i hate u cant load the saved profile onto a new bios, i flipped my monitor and now im realising that its not going to work out if i want to keep editing the bios. that was torture to update all my settings with the screen upside down.

Both my Gigabyte X570 Master and Pro Wifi load saved profiles after flashing.

1. Make sure to check / save profile
2. Disconnect internet ( so you don't get any updates )
3. Flash bios let it fully reboot into windows.
4. Reboot and load profile.

I keep both last bios and profiles on my W10 stick is 24/7 in usb hub

I did try to create a mixed curve based on CPU and GPU temps, set to operate at the max temp but it doesnt seem to work properly. Even when GPU is highest, the CPU curve is always applied. The CPU fan curve is faster so could the max function mean fan speed not temp?
Can you take a screenshot of your config like I did? I'm not sure what you mean, sorry :whistling:
Also what is your idle cpu temp at 25% fans? What is a good idle temp for the 7600X to have a good long life? Mine is between 37-42c depending on the weather/room temp.
Err, good question! From my knowledge, it doesn't matter at all as long as it's below the temperature limit, lol.
Dynamic temps are way worse for PC components than a constant, high temp is!
That's due to the parts shrinking/expanding differently at different temperatures. Most graphics card die due to solder points breaking.

And modern CPUs basically don't die at all. They either get a too much voltage or they are faulty from the get go and randomly fail at some point.

The longevity is only hampered if you pump too much voltage or energy into the parts, which doesn't happen at idle, independently of the temperature.

But while typing this, for your info :)
My CPU (Tctl/Tdie) in hwinfo64 shows 49.2°C min, 57.4°C max, 52.0°C avg :D
At a CPU Package Power of 31-45W because I forgot to switch back to the balanced power plan hehe.
Now I switched back and the Package Power got down to 30.5W, CPU still at 49°C.

If i go too low on my cpu fan it makes a pulsing noise which is actually more noticable than a higher rpm
Yeah the good old PWM ticking... I hate it. Two of my fans have the same ticking at low rpm. They come to stand still at idle. The Y-Cables won't show the correct rpm, but one of the fans on each Y-cable stop spinning.
Both my Gigabyte X570 Master and Pro Wifi load saved profiles after flashing.
Yeah but that's the X chipset and AM4 and Master/Pro are a class above the Gaming X and Aorus Elite.
The B650 Gigabyte boards don't seem to keep the profiles, although the manual states otherwise :(

Yeah but that's the X chipset and AM4 and Master/Pro are a class above the Gaming X and Aorus Elite.
The B650 Gigabyte boards don't seem to keep the profiles, although the manual states otherwise :(

Have you tried using a bootable thumb drive ?

If I keep profiles local they are not recognized either.

Have you tried using a bootable thumb drive ?

If I keep profiles local they are not recognized either.
Not yet. I only did one bios update in December to fix the sleep mode issue many had.
Since then it's all running superbly nice and I don't really want to interfere with it..

When I did that update, I just put the files on a fat32 stick and selected it via the in-built bios update function.
Worked perfectly and I could see what the mobo was doing.

You're talking about using the "no monitor" method of updating?
I think I rather take photos and put in my settings than not seeing what the mobo is doing during the update :x3:

Not yet. I only did one bios update in December to fix the sleep mode issue many had.
Since then it's all running superbly nice and I don't really want to interfere with it..

When I did that update, I just put the files on a fat32 stick and selected it via the in-built bios update function.
Worked perfectly and I could see what the mobo was doing.

You're talking about using the "no monitor" method of updating?
I think I rather take photos and put in my settings than not seeing what the mobo is doing during the update :x3:

The last 2 Agesa updates fix stuttering issues in W11 apparently.
About 4 bios back they also fixed a major vulnerability flaw. ( for X570 )

I do normal flash with monitor.
I use F8 at post to open the Gigabyte Q-Flash tool, browse to the usb stick and select bios.

But like I said you need to do full reboot ( mine reboots twice, I think most do ) and then let windows settle with no internet. Then reboot go bios to "load saved profiles", browse for stick, select profile and save. ;)

Tip: If you have spare ports in your USB hub use it for your W10/11 flash drive and place the latest bios and profiles for all your PC on it.
Running the stick 24/7 is like it's not there but always available to put new bios for safe keeping till you need.

Tip;
I label Windows 10 USB: X
Virtual drive: V ( virtual) * not activated unless I need to reinstall GPL Fresh
Samsung external DVD/R: W ( writer) * not connected unless used
Samsung external 1TB SSD T7 Shield: U ( usb)

UVWX keeps all this out of the way of local partitions. :x3:

Untitled 1.jpg

Last edited:
Crap, just noticed my Game drive is N instead of J ( last letter )
I don't like using M2 and Sata SSD together how it mixes up the drive letters
Fresh Windows I have to set them all, then you forget to turn off auto play and admin on first. doh lol

Don't laugh.

Years ago I convinced myself if I reformatted and restored every drive ( M2 and SataSSD )
then introduced them to a fresh windows one and a time that it would fix this.

We all know how that went. :coffee: lol

From what I've read, the agenda updated bios' are to be expected between the 6th-10th May and will probably roll out for almost all mobos then.

Let's see if that holds true...

Fresh Windows I have to set them all, then you forget to turn off auto play and admin on first. doh lol
Don't worry. You can quickly change the drive letter in Windows. You don't have to reinstall or delete anything

Don't worry. You can quickly change the drive letter in Windows. You don't have to reinstall or delete anything

Thanks but I never said you did.

You still have to reset them all in Disk Management every time you do a fresh Windows.

Having a MIXTURE of M2 and SSD Sata drives always put the Sata first making it C:\

I just labelled one partition with the wrong letter last fresh Windows I did and never noticed till now, that's all.

Fresh windows I have to reset all 13 drive letters on my Tower I and 8 on my Tower II.

Last edited:
Gigabyte released a BIOS Update for all B650 mobos, but not to 1.0.0.7. They only limit the SoC voltage and probably some other stuff.
1683449571543.png

I think I'll wait another few days for the 1.0.0.7 Update.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.