Running G-Sync (when you have modded Reiza content)

Hi
I'd like to get a little advice re G-Syncing for the 1.27 update.

My GSC Extreme is heavily modded including having rFactor menu, and modded Reiza content: skinned Minis, skinned (and re-classed) Camaros, skinned Formula Classics.

What should I do before running G-Sync?

I figure I should backup the folders for the rFactor menu, the Minis, the Camaros and Formula Classics (as the G-Sync will overwrite this content). Then after running G-Sync I should copy the backed up folders back in.

That'll work fine, more or less, I'm sure. But won't I miss out on some of the 1.27 updates, like the physics/tyre updates relevant to the Minis, the Camaros and Formula Classics? Or are physics / tyre updates installed somewhere else?

I hope I've managed to explain this properly. Any advice would be very welcome.

I should add you can't access the Reiza cars physics and tyre files.
Thanks a lot for your reply. That's what I needed to know.

In fact, I don't want to access the Reiza cars physics and tyre files. I want to know which files will be updated by 1.27 so that I don't overwrite them when I copy back in the back ups I make of my re-skinned / re-classed original Reiza content before G-Syncing to get 1.27.

Sorry that above sentence is hard to follow.

I think they would be in a packaged file along with many other aspects of the car. I would say its a lot of hassle even if it is doable. Reiza quite rightly don't allow easy access to their physics secrets etc.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.7%