Any chance of some Super GT love next? It's a series that's criminally (and inexplicably) ignored by the talented modding community. Homages to these cars would sell like hot cakes.

GT500.jpg

I feel like those cars would be really hard to do for someone not fluent in japanese, as all the material and sources will be pretty JDM :ninja:

This would be something to take on for japanese modders, but those rarely step onto the international forums :/

I feel like those cars would be really hard to do for someone not fluent in japanese, as all the material and sources will be pretty JDM :ninja:

This would be something to take on for japanese modders, but those rarely step onto the international forums :/
Yeah be a nightmare to gather all the resources , information , physics , audio , 3d , parts , logos ,
audio maybe not as hard because of youtube obviously but the rest would most likely be one big headache :D
they do look pretty cool though :)

Any chance of some Super GT love next? It's a series that's criminally (and inexplicably) ignored by the talented modding community. Homages to these cars would sell like hot cakes.

Supergt mod would be more awesome than gt1s and very popular , and u could make 2 packs gt500 and gt300;):D

Make a poll and find out ;) Don't automatically assume that what is your favourite is also everyone else's.

I'm pretty sure Transit vans are not everyone's first choice of mod, but it certainly is mine :p

Way ahead of you. one of my professors went to uni with the creator Dan Salvato so he shilled it. Was surprised he would be recommending a VN.

Either way Just RSS. Just RSS

JUST RSS

just monika.

on another note shouldnt my avatar tell you enough lol

LOL, can't believe I didn't notice J͆͒ͪ̑͊̓̒̚uͤͩ̊̅ͬ̋̚s̡ͫ̆̎t̛ͯͯͩ́ ̡̌ͮ̉͐ͦ͂̃̚M̄̍͑ͮͬ̒̌̀͞ô̧̒͊͆̋ͪͪ̇́nͤ̅͊ͨ̉̾̚͏́̀iͨ̐̄̽͞k̶̇͛ͮ͋a̸̧ͣ̊ͣ͢.̵̛̆̔̚ on your avatar.

Yeah be a nightmare to gather all the resources , information , physics , audio , 3d , parts , logos ,
audio maybe not as hard because of youtube obviously but the rest would most likely be one big headache :D
they do look pretty cool though :)

Good point about the complexities of deconstructing Japan-centric assets, but I think I'd be more than happy enough with lookalike homages using GT5 models as a starting base for overall geometry (not as rips, but just for dimensional analysis for scratch-built models) and subjectively 'decent' physics and performance somewhere in the Super GT ballparks. Super GT cars look awesome, and with subsequent skin mods could be pretty indistinguishable from official content. They would certainly plug a bloody big hole across the sim racing fraternity - these cars are extremely popular from the Gran Turismo series, but have been largely ignored outside of that ecosystem.

My dream is you guys make a F1 1967 mod with the missing cars. But I also cant wait for the GT1. Looks awesome so far.

I was going to hop on the SuperGT/JGTC bandwagon, but...

... This. So much this. Only thing better would be a '68 F2 mod. Simply because I can actually keep them on the black stuff. :cautious:

Supergt mod would be more awesome than gt1s and very popular , and u could make 2 packs gt500 and gt300;):D
There must be something with GT1,s they based an entire game just around the cars and tracks alone ,
I dont see no super GT game or did I miss it ? :D

There must be something with GT1,s they based an entire game just around the cars and tracks alone ,
I dont see no super GT game or did I miss it ? :D
Gran Turismo

which makes total sense being from Japan. Wasn't the Polyphony studios like in the same street as the Honda Headquarters?

I would like the ol' JGTC Supra, but only because that once ran the 24h Nür :sneaky:

There have been a few supergt games which have been........................ARCADE ONLY

I refuse to make a joke on the physics based on it actually being arcade.

yeah japan still has arcades and they make a crazy amount of money.

Trouble is its just not big enough, its basically the same size fan base as DTM, ok maybe slightly larger so i imagine devs find it too risky. Other factor lets say Developer X or Y wants to license the series, jap tracks are stupidly expensive, series might be as well.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.