Good clarification on the Viper gearbox - I spotted it was a h-shifter in the Barcelona video, but later in the vid there is another Viper with a sequential (I think). :thumbsup:

Also, the reason for the 2005 aero on the 550 is for two reasons - 1; I prefer the shapely nature of it, but more importantly 2; I have much better reference images for that spec, so its a lot easier to model.
Pretty sure physics wise it will be the earlier 2004 spec, but I can't say that with any certainty. :)
I can they will all be 2004 audio and physics :D

I feel like I'm making some sort of strange futuristic architecture. I'm not, its just the gear shifter base :roflmao:

ILI80y7h.jpg

QRDKndGh.jpg

-----

Completely irrelevant picture I thought looked nice:

HD2fnTUh.jpg

FYI, this car (No. 65) is the spec I'm basing mine on. Here is is at Le Mans 2004 with Colin McRae at the helm.

lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-2004-65-prodrive-racing-ferrari-550-maranello-colin-mcrae-darre.jpg

This is the car I have clearest and most comprehensive reference of, so it makes sense to do so.

PaKLizWh.jpg

z3FEzaMh.jpg

Crazy that the LeMans winning Viper in the Chrysler Museum has an H pattern. One of you guys should let them know that it is wrong.
So much controversy ,
Personally just for the viper I have 3 documents all official / FIA / Parts CAT / And workshop manuals ,
non show the H pattern and even in GTR2 I have a fully custom setup manual so 4 points of reference , I also watched some 2004 footage on youtube where it was seq gearbox ,
but like I say im not making the car its Daniels projects :)
Personally I do not believe they would race in FIA GT in 2004 when all the other teams are using seq gearbox when they would be at a disadvantage :)
2df4766189977761a8adff795b6e47ae.png

Why would they be at a disadvantage?
So why did they invent the sequential gearbox ? if the H pattern was around 70-80 years ,
if it was not a proven performance gain in racing why did they not stop using it and now in 2017 see the H pattern again , like I mentioned before even if its a few tenths per lap its at a disadvantage .

Anyways 1st shader applied in PBR raw metal :geek:
9335e8c7caf3fe8c7d10a98db8717359.jpg

Maybe something people will never notice or appreciate but its damn good fun!
3bdf98c9d585806be1f4c9ae6147566a.jpg

5ac4e04bdeffd8440098718555be9896.gif

Last edited:
Crazy that the LeMans winning Viper in the Chrysler Museum has an H pattern. One of you guys should let them know that it is wrong.

Why is it so difficult to grasp that it changed over the course of the car's life? Some have H patterns, some have sequential - just depends on the year and where they were racing and even the team and race.

This is one of those things where there is no wrong answer and no right answer available as it's probably all been lost to time as to when precisely things switched, or it'd be too much effort tracking down the info for too little gain.

It's reasonable to guess that most of the FIA GT cars by this point were running a sequential but there is also evidence to suggest that at least one team ran an H pattern for various reasons. I'd also wager someone had a Viper that never got switched over still kicking around basically lost to the sands of time.

(I'm still on team H pattern FYI, just do a Force One engine so it's all simulation like if you prefer :p )

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies