With these modeling geniuses at work on these things, no doubt the interiors are gonna be amazing in VR.
I think currently this Tornado is about 140+k tri , cars too high are max should be 300k but its almost 325k currently which dont bother me too much , what bothers me is because its so high we limited on textures and size of them just hope there not dead when I save everything the last time , will find out in a few days anyways :)

Little bit more interior progress - that centre console has a surprising amount of shape to it! Needing all the buttons made now... :D

nYr11QDh.jpg

FDMDNIQh.jpg

JAuUhqdh.jpg

F5Z5tJWh.jpg

Now we have tailpipes that actually come from under the seat , I boxed them out also like some reference I have and made a heat shielding for them , ill add some nice materials , maybe some smoke marks bla bla
now we have a racecar :D
12483d611af4994adaa44af2e3c113a3.png

837b14384935c89a779f500669192efe.png

999a52935c37c359bdd7536d23f44174.jpg

I hit it with some wide smoothing at the bottom , ill chip that puppy slightly will have some nice reflections
54fdf0547bc81f045e343c68c8ce116c.png
:D

Yeah we have this smoothing just where we require it :geek:
ff2731ddf748ecfb32902334bf74d2d4.png

f2432877652aad1c49d9dd59b72157f6.jpg

UV
1df20c68be2df2fbc2d08651ba96f325.png

Notice how we always hide the UV cuts , this will give better reflections as the seams will not be on show ,
also enable us to add better looking texture damage and smoke where its needed without running into any issues ,
Its really important when making the UV you looking around the scene and apply this to all objects where possible always hide the joins of the UV this will give you a better looking finish .
09acd3a79783c9b704ba03dc744ba9b9.png

90b2ec0e357ba98a19a88404b2e0dbd8.jpg

Lets see how nice these metals AO turn out , quite a lot of details on this one map ,
might take more than 1 bake lets see , ill show some progress when I start painting these tailpipes rest almost flat metals nothing wow but ill add some nice stuff to these as well if possible but this map most likely will be 1k if that :)
d3179ad0d3e67e68442efc26688d6360.png

Some minor updates , still playing around with this tailpipe stuff ,
made some changes extended the ends of the pipes to match the cars look ,
making it by hand and testing it against my cage texture , same process , long and painful but worth it in the end :geek: another stupid idea but cant help myself im a moron .
9b4b5d0e997a8ebcd77a28a1cd1b66ff.png

b80922ed03359b014d20ecc968a67370.png

Almost ready to bake this puppy out .
eb9b66526899fd0478f7443c6df27062.png

How come those 2004 gt1 cars could hit 295 or 300kmh at monza? and you can't do more than 280 in AC? let alone lapstimes are slow too, i did a test my self pumping the engine to 620bhp and boommm suddntly much closer to the real life laptimes they did and topspeed

Just as an info: The absolute top speed king so far in Monza is the F550, which in 2003 (and 2004 aswell iirc) could even hit 310(!) kph in qualifying. Obviously, after the 2005 regulation changes (SRO and ACO throwing their car regulations together) the car lost a little bit of power (and wings, as can be seen by the modelled 550 here, compare that to the massive 2003 550 wing).

I welded inside also was a bit boring and missing something , to be honest just looked strange ,
now we feel we have the look nailed , ill sort the rest of these metal UV and finally start baking these puppies with some proper materials :)
f2c55d1c5f2841597513ec77e9b3d094.png

Sorry for the third reply but I do this so it will get noticed and not drowned in the edit of a post.

To clarify a few things from *my own memory*, without any other source than my head (ok I embedded some links in the following wall of text) - because I am a huge GT fan and have been following the whole scene since my childhood in the very late 90s to early 00s.

First, the Viper in 2004 didn't have an h-pattern. Please stop these rumors with infos from god damn questionable websites, just look up some onboards from back in the time. The Viper got a sequential in the 2000 season (ALMS and FIA GT), though for some longer races the factory Oreca cars used the old h-pattern gearbox. At 2001, all the cars, even privateers, where upgraded to sequential iirc. The 2003 Barcelona video someone linked was an exception as the Force One Festina Vipers where even further more tuned (more power, but also way more unreliable, look up GTR2 physics files for example), and had a habit of breaking down which is why they used the h-pattern in that race due to reliability and a shortage in gearboxes iirc, but changed to sequential for the rest of the season. It's also the last time ever a Viper GTS-R used an h-pattern gearbox in the FIA GT / in international races. The FIA GT times Matt (MT bawxx) refers to in his post are the very early "new FIA GT" times from 1999 to 2000. The Saleen did NEVER have an h-pattern since it's first run out in the 2000 ALMS season. The last GT1 in FIA GT (well, "GT" category back then) to use an h-pattern gearbox was the 993 GT2 Evo in the 2003 season, namely to say the Proton Competition Porsche and the ALDA Motorsport Porsche.

Also, I'm 100% sure the power from the Kunos MC12 is for the 2010 spec regulations. Someone here wrote that "from 2009-2012 something happened with the regulations" - well yes sure it damn did, just google the "GT1 World Championship" whose existance not every racing fan should've realised but also in which Stephane Ratel tried to keep costs down with making the cars slower which created that weird position where in 2010 and 2011 all GT1, GT2 and GT3 cars where on the same lap times (depending on the track) while still "upgrading" the FIA GT series to a world championship status which is something he has always craved for. Someone here wrote 623 hp which iirc is pretty much the power the car had - though it's tough to confirm as I can't find the original homologation files (the FIA uploades these to their website, you can check the GT3 cars for example - everything is publicly available and 100% correct compared to some weird website that hasn't been updated since years and years!) as these are now more than ten years old. Even after the 2005 reglementation changes the GT1 cars should be able to do more than 290 at Monza. A friend of mine works for a track day organizer and often works together with Michael Bartels, and I'm very close to actually getting in touch with him just to stop the god damn power talk. And if you don't know who Michael Bartels is you should leave the thread.

Oh and yes, the 2008 qualifying in Monza was wet as f*ck, another thing which is super easy to just google and not throw wrong information in this thread. Have you even looked at the times? The GT2 cars where within the GT1 field because the GT2 qualifying session was much, much dryer than the GT1 session ... The answer why the GT1 cars were slower in that qualifying session should answer itself if you would actually just look at that.

Sorry for being a little ... pissed but this is a mod I have craved for for YEARS and I want to help as much as I can contribute just by posting and I don't want any people involved in this mod having their numbers, data, cars mixed up with weird internet rumors.

I'm gonna calm down now and give myself a time out.

Sorry for the third reply but I do this so it will get noticed and not drowned in the edit of a post.

To clarify a few things from *my own memory*, without any other source than my head (ok I embedded some links in the following wall of text) - because I am a huge GT fan and have been following the whole scene since my childhood in the very late 90s to early 00s.

First, the Viper in 2004 didn't have an h-pattern. Please stop these rumors with infos from god damn questionable websites, just look up some onboards from back in the time. The Viper got a sequential in the 2000 season (ALMS and FIA GT), though for some longer races the factory Oreca cars used the old h-pattern gearbox. At 2001, all the cars, even privateers, where upgraded to sequential iirc. The 2003 Barcelona video someone linked was an exception as the Force One Festina Vipers where even further more tuned (more power, but also way more unreliable, look up GTR2 physics files for example), and had a habit of breaking down which is why they used the h-pattern in that race due to reliability and a shortage in gearboxes iirc, but changed to sequential for the rest of the season. It's also the last time ever a Viper GTS-R used an h-pattern gearbox in the FIA GT / in international races. The FIA GT times Matt (MT bawxx) refers to in his post are the very early "new FIA GT" times from 1999 to 2000. The Saleen did NEVER have an h-pattern since it's first run out in the 2000 ALMS season. The last GT1 in FIA GT (well, "GT" category back then) to use an h-pattern gearbox was the 993 GT2 Evo in the 2003 season, namely to say the Proton Competition Porsche and the ALDA Motorsport Porsche.

Also, I'm 100% sure the power from the Kunos MC12 is for the 2010 spec regulations. Someone here wrote that "from 2009-2012 something happened with the regulations" - well yes sure it damn did, just google the "GT1 World Championship" whose existance not every racing fan should've realised but also in which Stephane Ratel tried to keep costs down with making the cars slower which created that weird position where in 2010 and 2011 all GT1, GT2 and GT3 cars where on the same lap times (depending on the track) while still "upgrading" the FIA GT series to a world championship status which is something he has always craved for. Someone here wrote 623 hp which iirc is pretty much the power the car had - though it's tough to confirm as I can't find the original homologation files (the FIA uploades these to their website, you can check the GT3 cars for example - everything is publicly available and 100% correct compared to some weird website that hasn't been updated since years and years!) as these are now more than ten years old. Even after the 2005 reglementation changes the GT1 cars should be able to do more than 290 at Monza. A friend of mine works for a track day organizer and often works together with Michael Bartels, and I'm very close to actually getting in touch with him just to stop the god damn power talk. And if you don't know who Michael Bartels is you should leave the thread.

Oh and yes, the 2008 qualifying in Monza was wet as f*ck, another thing which is super easy to just google and not throw wrong information in this thread. Have you even looked at the times? The GT2 cars where within the GT1 field because the GT2 qualifying session was much, much dryer than the GT1 session ... The answer why the GT1 cars were slower in that qualifying session should answer itself if you would actually just look at that.

Sorry for being a little ... pissed but this is a mod I have craved for for YEARS and I want to help as much as I can contribute just by posting and I don't want any people involved in this mod having their numbers, data, cars mixed up with weird internet rumors.

Good clarification on the Viper gearbox - I spotted it was a h-shifter in the Barcelona video, but later in the vid there is another Viper with a sequential (I think). :thumbsup:

Also, the reason for the 2005 aero on the 550 is for two reasons - 1; I prefer the shapely nature of it, but more importantly 2; I have much better reference images for that spec, so its a lot easier to model.
Pretty sure physics wise it will be the earlier 2004 spec, but I can't say that with any certainty. :)

Hi man thanks for the input , the wife gave me some chocolate cake and finished it before reading your wall of text ,
anyways I provided files well 3 pics , I know the Viper didnt have an H pattern I have all the documents as you say the homologation files and parts files bla bla ,
then people posting videos showing it had an H pattern I wouldnt be modeling it but I am not making it like I say , thanks for the input :)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 15.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 28 12.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 31 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 79 34.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 132 57.6%