RR Racing Experience Closed Beta Soon!

They spoke of "thousands of people" in a closed beta right? Pretty naive of them to think that nothing gets leaked with such numbers being invited. Probably more an early access than a real beta.

Not really naive. At least I hope not :D I know it will happen (it has already), but at least it is isolated.

And yes you can disable abs and traction control as part of the Get Real driving model, that information has been disclosed at Gamescom already :)

As Kjell wisely said above, this is meant to break for a lot of people. I hope it will so we can fix compatibility issues with the various hardware out there, and the online service HAS to be intensively tested if we want to make it flawless. Right now we start slowly, with a few hundred people, monitoring the systems, but I will keep inviting more, no worries.

Welcome to those already in ! And thanks for being a part of it !

Jep thats true but it wasn't in the teaser we got to play after after the Gamescom. While at GC the driving aids were enabled for the type of visitors of the fair if I recall correctly :D

But I am glad it will be available in the final version of the game. Can you confirm that Get Real driving model means no traction, antilock and steering help is applied at all?

Where is my e-mail Simbin?! Come on...

Have you checked your mailbox ? :thumbsup:

Can you confirm that Get Real driving model means no traction, antilock and steering help is applied at all?

I would need to watch that interview Diego gave again, not sure what details have been disclosed and what I can share, but you can always sign up for the beta and find out (disguised advertisement for my beloved beta. I need thouuuusands ! :whistling: )

i got an email today .....:)

it seems my nigerian uncle died and i have a fortune in a swiss bank but to access it i need you all to give me your beta keys .....
Woot, we are family then as my Nigerian uncle passed away at least 30 times in the last year :)

J-F Chardon I would love to but I don't have time to properly do a beta and pick up my old bug hunting job :D. Same reason why I didn't join the WMD portal or other projects in the last year.

But its not possible to just say a simple yes or no when it comes to driving aids? Don't get me wrong I think all games should offer driver aids as an option but I don't want them to be forced on to me by the game. I love to make that choice myself as a player to simulate reality and only use TC or ABS when the real life counterparts use them as well. But thats just personal.

No worries, the bug hunting is mostly performed by our internal team, closed beta is mainly to have people playing the game, really. Reporting on the closed beta forum is of course optional, for those who want to get involved more, and that is of course most welcome !

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back