Round #7, Germany: Post-Race Checks

If you're on the outside of the track and are slowing for passing drivers you need 1 look in your mirror then keep an eye in front for anything that may be there and to see when the driver you're letting through is passed. You shouldn't be keeping your eyes on your mirrors for that long not to notice a car there..

Here is the video of the incident. I made it to start a bit before so you can see the whole picture here. Notice that I was letting Klop past before first corner, and look the distance between me and Lopes. Notice that there was about 150 meters between us before Turn 2. I've checked my back view and saw two cars here, both lap ahead. I continued to accelerate because distance was big until i've got a warning in the console. I saw Lopes letting Schgoer through. BEFORE the braking point (not in the Parabolica, Carlos is wrong in his statement above - watch for the kerbs on the right before and after crash on the right, LISTEN to the downshifts) I slowed down completely off the line to let them past both safely. Schgoer got past and Lopes looked elsewere and crashed.

Question is - what I should have done there? Is it my fault? Did I really deserve 2PP? Or he needs glasses?

Last edited:
Carlos Martin, what about the Stop N Go incidents? :ninja:
And yeah, Eduard Kore is missing from the post-race checks. :ninja:

E: Dmitry Zaharov, I think that you slowed down too much...on a straight. :O_o:

Last edited:
I think it is pretty important to figure out what is going on up there rather than just letting to slip it through.

Apparently there was a problem opening your log file, so it simply skipped to the next one. This happens randomly at rare times for unknown reasons. I wouldn't worry about it, if it happens again next race we'll investigate. Since you didn't finish anyway, result is same.

Here is the video of the incident. I made it to start a bit before so you can see the whole picture here. Notice that I was letting Klop past before first corner, and look the distance between me and Lopes. Notice that there was about 150 meters between us before Turn 2. I've checked my back view and saw two cars here, both lap ahead. I continued to accelerate because distance was big until i've got a warning in the console. I saw Lopes letting Schgoer through. BEFORE the braking point (not in the Parabolica, Carlos is wrong in his statement above - watch for the kerbs on the right before and after crash on the right, LISTEN to the downshifts) I slowed down completely off the line to let them past both safely. Schgoer got past and Lopes looked elsewere and crashed.

Question is - what I should have done there? Is it my fault? Did I really deserve 2PP? Or he needs glasses?

Please don't take this personally, but your slowdown seems a bit excessive. If I put myself in his position, it's like one lap there isn't a chicane on the fastest part of the circuit, and the next lap there is one with a wall.

Please don't take this personally, but your slowdown seems a bit excessive. If I put myself in his position, it's like one lap there isn't a chicane on the fastest part of the circuit, and the next lap there is one with a wall.
You right, but bear in mind I had two cars to let past, not one, and that happened on the dirty side of the track before the hairpin were you need to slow down earlier.

The thing is that you were on full throttle half of the straight not showing any signs of letting people by. Then you suddenly brake from 300kph to 150kph in less than two seconds on a fastest straight on the track. What you should have done is lifted or used just 50% throttle on the straight until people have passed you. Whoever was behind you and hit you had no idea that you decided to brake there. Thats not "letting people by safely". So yes, i do agree with the penalty.

Yes about the removed penalties. I ended up taking a 10 second stop and go during the race due to 3 mistakes at T1, and had I had it removed I would have been fighting for at least 2nd after all the chaos at the started losing 4 positions and the spin later on.

I don't recall something being said in the briefing so something about that in future would be nice, as I was quite shocked when I saw them all throughout the race. Im sure many others took the pen to without knowing.

Also this isn't WC so no one really investigates cuts anyway but I would suspect 80% of drivers would have had time pens in that race :D.

Dmitry you are way out of line. You should never slow down to the speed you did on a race track, if you did not let the car that was lapping you through earlier that is your own fault you should always be aware of your surroundings. Lets put it this way, if you had done that on a real race track you'd have probably caused serious injury to the driver in the car behind you and would have been banned permanently from racing so think yourself lucky. When you are letting a lapped car through you do not need to slow down to 100kph at all, taking your foot off the throttle slightly and just slowing down by 10-20kph would normally do it so why reduce your speed that much?

Dmitry you are way out of line. You should never slow down to the speed you did on a race track, if you did not let the car that was lapping you through earlier that is your own fault you should always be aware of your surroundings. Lets put it this way, if you had done that on a real race track you'd have probably caused serious injury to the driver in the car behind you and would have been banned permanently from racing so think yourself lucky. When you are letting a lapped car through you do not need to slow down to 100kph at all, taking your foot off the throttle slightly and just slowing down by 10-20kph would normally do it so why reduce your speed that much?

Because he was being warned by the game with a stop and go threath. As you could see from his video he just let Klop through on start/finish straight, so he was afraid he would surely get stop and go when he saw that message again when Christof caught up, sohe wanted to make sure he wouldn't get the penalty.
The problem is that the blue flag thing lights up too f***ing soon, when the car is over 3 sec behind and not being held up at all.

And I'm still missing in the post race checks

Ed

Yes but its unlikely he would have got a penalty for the extra couple of seconds it would have taken to do that. Slowing down like he did put him out of the race anyway so what was the point? He can't complain about a penalty for what was clearly very dangerous driving.

I know its harsh but its clear as crystal.

He perfectly knew he cutted and he kept doing his lap. Itsn't like it was for 1-2 cm.

If you knew you cutted abort the lap or simply do like Victor, be honest, say you cutted and start on the back. I'm sorry for it but rules are rules, rules are blind if you are racing for first time or if its your last GP.
Hi Carlos

I agree with your assessment of the lap and apologize for the inconvenience this created.

As Dewald stated it was my first race and I think I got a bit over exited in Q1. I ran wide into the corner as you can see. as soon as I realized that have run wide I decelerated to correct the car onto the track. I do not believe there was any time gained by running wide.

It was never my intention to create the impression of dishonesty, as I stated above I felt that there was time lost there and that it would not cause a penalty. I truly believe that I did not gain any time.

I respect your decision and I hope to never be in this position again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back