AC Rookies: Formula Abarth @ Vallelunga (Live Stream) - Friday March 24, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Formula Abarth Tatuus.jpg

This is the second phase of beginner events for new comers and now time for the real deal: the rearwheel powered Tatuus Formula Abarth.

Time to install Teamspeak and join the fun online while you enjoy the banter. Ask as many questions about this car, racing techniques, setups, Assetto Corsa or even simracing in general. The worst thing that can happen is that you'll become a better driver :).

Wait? What is this?
For this event you need absolutely nothing special. A copy of Assetto Corsa, keyboard, console controller, or steering wheel it's all fine. Today we are going to focus on getting you on the online track (for the first time) and giving you a great experience and making you a better driver.

Make sure to be on time for the extended practice session and have teamspeak installed and be with us for the full length of the event. This is the longest session of almost an hour to get familiar with the car and the track. That's right, you don't need to practice offline first. You can come by fully unprepared :)

After practice we skip to qualification to decide the racing order and do a short fun race of only 30 minutes so everybody can return to their wives, girlfriends, mom in time.

Who can join?
All premium members can sign up for this event and a maximum of one server available for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (Teamspeak is mandatory for this event :thumbsup:)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU ABARTH
Cars: Tatuus Formula Abarth (fixed setups)
Track: Vallelunga

Practice: 19:00 GMT (60 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:00 GMT (20 minutes)
Race: 20:20 GMT (30 minutes)

Entry List
  1. Bram (Ask him anything on Teamspeak)
  2. Paul Jeffrey
  3. Joseph Wright
  4. Kid_TaBo
  5. Haris82
  6. Alex Townsend
  7. Footwork84
  8. SenseR
  9. m_mirk
  10. Paul Glover
  11. Gopher04
  12. Shaun Clarke
  13. Simon Hodge
  14. Fabrizio
  15. Schwud Nelsh
  16. Alírio Rego
  17. Tommi Saari
  18. Arcon
  19. ionONE1
  20. PfzFantaribo
  21. Daniel Trapp
  22. Lucanus69
  23. kamackeris
  24. terrazi
Server 2
  1. Jimlaad43 (Ask him anything on Teamspeak)
  2. Arnoux
  3. hape
  4. Verkkahousu
  5. Ross Garland
  6. Lars Rystedt
  7. JoãoBessaM
  8. Luan Garcia
  9. Lesley Buurlage
  10. Flecky_und_Sky
  11. Montecristo1968
  12. calbisu
  13. Quentis Gillispie
  14. Solli93
  15. kedy89
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
  25. Free slot

Last edited:

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Young, Old, Beginner or experienced simmers, you can now sign up for our rookie event with the Formula Abarth.

Note that you must use Teamspeak for this event.

It's Friday night and I still finish work late. My better half sometimes waits up for me but not sure about next week as she will be busy.

Could you put me in a reserve slot and if I can make it, great, but if you get as much commitment as the Abarthy Party then I'll be ok in server 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Could you put me in a reserve slot and if I can make it, great, but if you get as much commitment as the Abarthy Party then I'll be ok in server 2

Sweet, cheers Alex ! Added to the list with a little * next to your name as we wait to see how it progresses... :) Thanks man!

You say Vallelunga, but what config..there is three of them?

Mmmm no idea buddy.. :) @Bram ?

That was one of the cool things about the Abarthy Party. I'd never driven the car until that evening and to see the seconds fall away from when I started to when I finished was one of the highlights.
Similar to when we had the training session with Bram. Seconds just flew away with confidence and speed coming in waves.
If you're on the fence about joining these races or training sessions, just do it, they're one of the best ways to cut your teeth on this awesome sim racing hobby in a friendly coaching environment which will give you the bug to want to race more.

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Thanks Alex. That's indeed the idea behind this. You really don't need to practice all week to show off how fast you are. Actually we always see those last minute sign out people that get scared because, for whatever reason, they weren't in the circumstance to practice all week.

A solid online practice session with others is more than enough to get into the groove and enjoy yourself. After a few weeks or months you can just hop into any server with any car or track and be up to speed in no time because your base level has improved.

Glad the driver academy and these events suit you, that is great to hear thanks :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.5%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000