Roller Coaster Race Circuit | Test Release

Tracks Roller Coaster Race Circuit | Test Release 0.8.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey guys , quick question here. I was running a track day with a bunch of mini coopers ( which is an awesome mix on this track! ) And at about the 10 minute mark they all just kind of stopped on the track. Like they ran out of fuel , but in replay all their motors are still running. I haven't had this happen on any other track but this one. Anyone else have this happen?

Sorry, I just noticed your comment, somehow I missed it.
Is that mini a mod car? I have never seen that happening with any car on any track.
The only strange thing that has happened on my track is in only 3 lap race most many AI cars were entering pits in lap 2 or 3 so I ended up being 1st place. Like they were running low on fuel or something. But those were mod cars too, Sierra RS500 and RSS GT pack.

Cool stuff, I remember checking this out years ago and thought it was so-so (fictional track and all, kind of keeps holding me back in putting out stuff), but you really put a lot of work in it and the video is looking awesome, will put some laps in soon!

Keep going at it!

Cool stuff, I remember checking this out years ago and thought it was so-so (fictional track and all, kind of keeps holding me back in putting out stuff), but you really put a lot of work in it and the video is looking awesome, will put some laps in soon!

Keep going at it!

Well the track has been out for only 7 months, so maybe you saw a different track years ago...:p

JPEG_20190524_224751.jpg
anyone see the flagman buried in the track like this?

You know, it worked at 1.25. I drove a special circle. Then I set 1.32 and it didn’t crash. But there’s a problem with the road ...

1.32 and 1.33 are buggy. I chatted with Ilja, I reported some more bugs. He's working on Grass FX too. For me, second time I start the game the fps are 40-50% lower. Goes back to normal only after system restart. And trees are having some artifacts in my other Pinewood track with 1.32 too..

Will this track continue to be updated? It's awesome
I have some work done to improve city part of the track a bit, but right now I really don't have much time to finish it. I usually get an inspiration after new youtube videos pop up, which shows people are interested in my tracks. I'm not playing AC that often anymore, and certainly not my own mods :D

I LOVE this track. Its my favorite fictional long track. Much better than anything from GT or FM. That being said i have one complaint, actually.

Could the loop after the first hairpin be in the other direction? So that instead of 2 full clockwise turns for a lap its a CCW rotation then the rest of the track a CW rotation? Just like Suzuka? That way the tires would degrade a lot more equally between left and right and it would result in much more interesting racing. As it stands the left side wheels end up being worn way WAY faster than the right side ones.

I LOVE this track. Its my favorite fictional long track. Much better than anything from GT or FM. That being said i have one complaint, actually.

Could the loop after the first hairpin be in the other direction? So that instead of 2 full clockwise turns for a lap its a CCW rotation then the rest of the track a CW rotation? Just like Suzuka? That way the tires would degrade a lot more equally between left and right and it would result in much more interesting racing. As it stands the left side wheels end up being worn way WAY faster than the right side ones.

A bit late for that now, is it? :D

But I'm not really sure what corners are you talking about. 360 degree corner in the mountains is CW, and big oval in Arena is CCW.

A bit late for that now, is it? :D

But I'm not really sure what corners are you talking about. 360 degree corner in the mountains is CW, and big oval in Arena is CCW.
I mean the mountain one. And yeah, i know its a bit late. Really it doesn't detract from the map at all but if the mountain loop is in the opposite direction the overall shape of the track would be an 8-loop in which the left and right tires would get worn more or less the same. But if you wanna leave it as-is that's fine by me.

I still don't get what you mean. 2 biggest, longest corners ARE in the opposite directions. Mountains loop kills left tyre, Arena loop kills right tyre.

Yes, but the rest of the track is a right turning loop from start to finish. Based on the difference on turns between the start to finish every track in the world that loops is either a 360 circle in any direction, or in the case of something like suzuka, a 8 loop. For example in your track even without the mountain loop the rest of it is a right turning one, and if you enable tire wear you will notice it in your tires, from something as small as brands hatch to something as complex as the nurgburgring, as long as the circuit doesn't has a loop in the opposite direction to the rest of the track, the outside tires for a car will get worn out a lot more.

In the case of roller coaster, the fact that the mountain loop is also right sided means that on top of the rest of the track the left side tires will get a lot more wear. If the loop was in the other direction the track would be more like an 8-loop and a complete turn wouldn't wear tires as much.

I know it sounds a bit complex but i cant find the video that explained it in a much more scientific and simple manner.

well then every track in the world would need to be an 8 :D Look at Brands Hatch, Red Bull Ring, Oulton Park, Monza etc. Should they all be scrapped? :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.