Robert Kubica

What was left of the rally car.

normal14d.jpg

Another update (motorsport.com):

Robert Kubica has "very severe injuries", a figure close to the Renault driver revealed on Sunday.

As the motor racing world awaits official information about the Pole's condition after a high speed rally crash, Stephane Samson - referred to as a 'consultant' to Kubica by the German news agency SID - shed some light on his injuries.

"All we know is that Robert's life is not in danger," Samson said. "However, he has very severe injuries to his left hand and left leg, but we don't know anything more about it."

It was earlier rumoured that the 26-year-old, reportedy in a serious condition, has internal injuries, a broken femur, and a badly crushed hand that surgeons are considering amputating.

A detailed medical bulletin is expected shortly.

bbc is saying it is the right arm and leg not the left as stated earlier. Odd as i assume that skods is a left hand drive and the damage is on that side of the car.

bbc is saying it is the right arm and leg not the left as stated earlier. Odd as i assume that skods is a left hand drive and the damage is on that side of the car.

Or they might not be 100% sure and use any info they can find by any source they have. I think if we wait until tomorow we will have a more clear answer to his damage and state.

From GPUpdate:

Lotus Renault GP number one driver Robert Kubica is no longer at risk of having his hand amputated, Daniel Morelli, his manager, confirmed in a press conference this afternoon. However it remains unclear whether or not the Pole will recover complete functionality with it.

Kubica suffered serious injuries this morning following a high-speed crash on the Ronde di Andora Rally in Italy. He was airlifted to Pietra Ligure Hospital and taken into the operating theatre around 14.00 hours CET. Igor Rossello is the doctor in charge.

It is thought he should come out of surgery around 19.00 hours British time / 20.00 hours CET.

A bit of good news at least.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back