1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Robert Kubica

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Damian Henderson, Sep 2, 2009.

1. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/2009-09-01-3130156412_x.htm

Seen some stuff on Twitter to.

2. Kubica does love Monza, he's a great driver and was linked with Ferrari for 2010 before.

But It's hardly gonna happen, he is with BMW when their results are turning. Also, what is the connection between BMW and Ferrari?

3. they both don't have a "Z" in their team name.....?:dont-know:

4. Oooh is it a quiz?

FOTA?

Both situated in Axis countries during WWII?

BMW team boss is called Mario?

Ahh I give up. :)

5. Jeremy Clarkson???
    :)

6. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

That's not about BMW, it's about BMW Sauber.

Both Kimi and Felipe entered F1 via Sauber :wink:

7. But isnt Sauber originally swiss? so that cant work, cos the swiss were neutral during the war.....:silly:

8. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

That's not about the war. My answer was to this question :

Just an opinion.

9. Don't mention the war!

10. Pfft, Fisi's already in, sorry from deviating from a subject that some may find offencive

11. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it :p

12. Robert Kubica.jpg
    Robert Kubica will stay at Renault for the 2010 season, his manager Daniel Morelli confirmed today.

The confusion over Kubica's future at Renault started when Flavio Briabore resigned following the 'Crashgate' scandal in September. A company called Genii Capital, a Dutch Investment firm, bought the Renault F1 team in December 2009. Many reports in the media claimed Kubica was going to leave Renault for 2010 and find a new a new team, after the change of team ownership, but it seems now that this won't be happening.

Attached Files:

13. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Good news as i think Renault and Robert will be the perfect combo! He has been driving for Renault in his younger years and after some tough seaso's at BMW he is one of the guys to watch out for in 2010 I hope!

14. It was probably worth his while angling for the Merc seat, but the Shu was always the preferred option. Now the grid is filling up so he will be glad of this if it's guaranteed.
    I noticed that it's only his manager doing the talking at the moment, did Kubica have to take a pay cut? Very interesting, maybe more to follow?
    Briatore and Pat Symonds are due to have their appeal outcomes against their bans announced in Paris tomorrow.:)

15. 26 year old Polish racer Robert Kubica was critically injured sunday morning after a high speed crash during the 'Ronde di Andora' in the Italian city of Genua. He was driving a Skoda Fabia when he missed a corner at high speed and slammed into a church wall. Cubica suffered multiple fractures and his condition at this moment is still life threatening.

168612-01-08.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update1: According to BBC-news he suffered multiple fractures in his left arm and left leg. (note: He already had titanium bolts in his arm from an accident in 2003)

16. I just read it on our motorsport site, its terrible, doctor says that he can lose his arm :(

17. Oh no.. this is terrible for him and the Renault Lotus team

wish him.. get well soon!

18. Report from the BBC a couple of hours ago:

It looks to be more career threatening than life threatening but I believe this will be the last rally he does as an F1 driver.

19. Here is a video clip of the car he was driving(read not the accident)

20. Oh No, I just can't belive it.

I really wish gets well as soon as possible.