F1 2011 Ride Height, another setup glitch?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Just messing with setups, and noticed that you can set ride height to 1/1 without there seemingly being any disadvantage. But being lower does provide more downforce and also better braking.

Anyone else test this out and see if what I'm seeing seems correct?

I have tried for the first time the 11/11 and 1/1 "bugs" and I gained over 8 seconds at Suzuka. 8 seconds!!! I wasn't even driving that hard.
Then I tried the same setup at SPA and I gave up on it when I was able to do Eau Rouge without even the smallest problem.
I should have bottomed out and launched myself against the barriers.

So yes, these two issue need to be solved. Especially the 11/11. It's just too tempting to use it as it make the car feel like it's on rails.

Honestly, most of the setup options in this game seems to work the best if you crank it up to the max/minimum setting, the aren't really enough to make it a bad idea.

Camber, ride height, anti roll bar and of course... the worst of all the springs that improves the car grip tenfold.

Some things, like aero and brakes behave as you would expect.

I've done some pretty extensive testing and I'm starting to lean more towards towards the "Codies ****ed this up" category. I took a spin around Singapore using my 2010 "safe setup" with 3/3 height. I attacked the track at every opportunity, trying to simulate how I would drive in a heated battle (i.e. taking more curb then I usually do). I had no issues.

I expected this, since 3/3 in 2010 allowed me to attack the curbs (especially the Singapore Sling) without trouble. I then turned the suspension down to 1/1 height, expecting to have massive bouncing and other issues with the sling and other corners. I had none. None whatsoever. I then tried taking the last chicane at Spa by cutting the curbs at full power. Despite a bit of a bump, there where no other adverse effects. No launching in the air, no sudden control loss, nothing. It seems your original thought was right, there seems to be no downside whatsoever to running 1/1 right now.

That might be a different issue, in 2010 people complained that the curbs were too difficult and you coudn't ride them (which was bs imo, those guys were probably running the car low and with super stiff springs) and Codemasters answer for 2011 was making the curbs no problem at all, you can throw your car into them, hit them with throttle on, pass more than half the car over them going 2 wheels on the grass (essentialy cutting the corner) and no problem.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.