Rfactor2 Test Season : Car Vote

you should be the first april :p start the trend.

must admit it would be helpfull to get hold of even a basic setup that we could use as a prestogp base setup for us all starting, im starting to get the hang of it but its taking a long time testing and im scared to post one in case you all laugh at it :roflmao:

To be honest, the default setup works great. Many of my deviations from it have been worse. :p

For our setup work though, the FR3.5 presents an unusual option of rear suspension arrangement. Which I've not seen before on any other car, or in any other sim.
  • A lower roll center will increase rear weight transfer and body roll.
  • More anti-squat will prevent the car from pitching back when you step on the accelerator.
  • Camber change is the complex one. You can theoretically tune what camber you get in different situations. IE lots of camber change, and little setup camber. So the camber you lost in the setup, you regain on the outside wheel as the car rolls.
These things are pretty familiar to physics modders. But, even then, it can be quite a mystery what's ideal. :p

I can share my q-setup from the Fuji race. Not sure this helps anyone as my setups are usually not helpful as a general base :p

Note: This one only makes sense with the High-downforce-package and default roll-centre
Thanks for the setup Dino! I'm five seconds per lap behind the leader, as usual:)

And thanks April for explaining about the different settings!

Brakes are hard to get exactly right. To light brake pedal and I get a lot of wheel lock.

Last edited:
so dino, how do the upgrades work? thats something ive not even started looking into yet, ive actually set the melbourne server to fixed upgrades as id thought that leagues would use the fixed upgrades option as a way to balance it out for everyone.

anyhoo if someone could give us some info on the upgrades side it would be appreciated :thumbsup:

I don't think fixed upgrades is the way to go. None of them have any broadly clear advantages, apart from downforce packages which suit certain tracks. And remember, those suspension configurations are something the real FR3.5 teams can adjust in their setup.

That may be a better place, but I'm gonna post here anyway just to keep everything together :)

The different downforce packages are pretty much just more complex wing configurations, to closer reflect what can be adjusted on the real car. Increasing wing angle only gives more downforce up to a certain point. After that, the downforce starts to deteriorate, but the drag carries on increasing until the wing is vertical.

So when this occurs, more wing elements (such as additional flaps) can be added to increase surface area instead and gain more downforce that way. And that's what the LDF, MDF and HDF packages do; provide more surface area than the last.

This happens a lot in Formula 1 these days. The teams show up to Monza with simplified wing designs, which reduce surface area and frontal area. Then at Monaco, they use much more complex wing designs with more parts, giving them more surface area.

if for example i choose a high downforce upgrade package and set the ingame setup values to max wings, what would be the diffrence if i chose a low downforce package and set ingame setup to max wings?

With the higher df package maxwings will have a much higher overall df-effect mostly (or exclusively? not sure) on the rear, since those additional wing-elements seem to be mostly on the rearwing.
The exact same setup with different df-packages have a very different df-balance between front and rear.
That's also why each different df-package have a different default setup.

When you have an ingame setup you can quickly see if it has been saved with the same upgrades then you acurrently have, since there is a number behind that setup if that's not the case.
Also one of the first lines in your setup file tells you the used upgrades too:
for example
//Downforce Package=2
//Rear Roll Centre Setting=0

0 is always the first from the top

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back