1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rfactor2 Test Season : Car Vote

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by David Turnbull, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Formula 2

7.1%
  2. Formula Renault3.5

57.1%
  3. Formula ISI

14.3%
  4. Marussia

21.4%
  1. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Hi guys,

its time to get the car settled for what we will be using in our test season, 4 choices...

Formula 2
    Formula Renault 3.5
    Formula ISI
    Marussia

everyone gets 1 vote each, the vote will close in 1 week as we dont have a huge amount of time, if you havent voted by the time limit then sorry but if you want to participate you need to go with what is chosen, the voting process will be public as id like this to be purely presto members who decide on what we use, i'll count up at the end the amount of presto votes and we can work from there :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

one thing id like to mention is that remember when casting your vote that you can vote purely for personal reasons (i.e its the car your best with) but you can also vote on what you feel is appropriate for a group of mixed skilled individuals just starting out in a new sim (i.e what would have highest finishing rate, what would be easier for the group to learn)

the choice is yours but hopefully a bit of thought goes into your choice :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

Voted for Marussia F1.
    I love the car and even though it is challenging for new drivers obviousy, it gives a good overall idea how to drive an F1 and to some extent all the other cars too properly.

• Like Like x 2
  4. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

i voted for Renault 3.5

i feel these would be a good learning curve in rf2 especially coming from f3000, top speeds arent much diffrent, quite easy to learn.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I voted for the FR3.5 too.

I agree with David that it's a nice ambassador and learning step for rF2. On top of that, it's got quite a relaxed pace when you drive it compared to the FISI/Marussia, and does enable you to relax a little more. Which will probably be ideal for anyone who's not used to rF2, primarily the tire model.

The multi-layer tire thermodynamic simulation adds immediate consequences for tire abuse, like flatspots and surface overheating both leading to vicious cycles of tire destruction, whereas in Race 07 that's limited to long term effects of tire wear. It definitely takes time to learn how to drive it and how to work with it.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Voted for the French car too :)
    Easier to learn than the other cars, but it's still a big challenge.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

Can I borrow that sentence for future discussions about this topic? Perfectly explains what I always wanted to say about this topic in one sentence :D

• Like Like x 3
  8. Richard Hill

Richard Hill
    outofthisworld

Damn was hoping for the skip barber ;):roflmao:
    Will need to test them over the weekend if there is time for me to so it to see what's good but at the mo would go for f2 or f3.5 but will vote if it's still open once I have a go in them

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'd like to learn and practice with presto members, but as in race07, i will not be able to do the official races because im in canada.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Voted for Marussia F1.
    Formula 1, that's the dream of every racing enthusiast.
    rf2 F1 tires are a bit like real life Pirelli s__t. I can live with that.

• Like Like x 2
  11. is there any diference between Marussia and formula ISI ? I tried them both today and they seemed to be identical !

my vote goes to any of the 2 cars but not the formula Renault or f2 ,cause I agree with Valter here
    I clicked on the formula ISI but not he marussia because I felt the inside of the cockpit looked better ..

• Like Like x 2
  12. The FISI and Marussia are very similar. My understanding is the FISI is there basically so the Marussia has other cars to race against, rather than only racing against itself.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

As soon as you get a good feeling for this 2 cars you will clearly see and feel the differences. The Marussia F1 hass less downforce, less mech. grip and also less topspeed. Also you can't set it up quite as agressive as an FISI since it will break traction easier for example.

The Formula ISI is about 2-2.5 seconds per lap faster btw

• Like Like x 2
  14. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

I voted for the Renault 3.5 since I suck in rfactor 2!

• Like Like x 2
  15. After I fixed the locking up problem I tried both cars again today for few laps on Malaysia track and ur right, they do feel a bit different , I did 1.43.4 with Fisi and 1.45.2 with Marussia using drs, , I feel the Marussia car is between the Renault 3.5 and the FISI and might be the best choice to start with .

these cars with rF2 are amazing and I cant wait to start racing with them but the thing is the little free time I have allows me to focus on the next season with F3000 only so it will be very hard for me to join you during the test season , but I will still try:) .

• Like Like x 5
  16. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

I would like to change my vote to "Formula ISI"

• Haha Haha x 1
  17. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

I chose the fr 3.5 as best for the test season, if it was what car is your favourite ? it would have probably been fisi or marussia.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Richard Hill

Richard Hill
    outofthisworld

I have to agree with Sean expecialy as it's a test season and that it's a new platform for some. I think the f1 cars are something for the future for sure

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Good grief I didn't think you were evil :) Havn't driven the rFactor2 version (I'm assuming there is one), but the iRacing version is quite possibly the worst car in the history of simracing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

It was the only car I liked on there with the new update to it.