[rFactor-MotecAdd][Network-Version] Real time telemetry for rFactor 1255

hi alekhine,

i was wondering if there is any chance of adding a pit menu option so you could change your driver's pit options over clientFX (talking about rFactor). there is a software for it, but this 1 is a lot better so it would be perfect if you would be able to add that option

thanks,
keep up the good work

here is a example:

http://www.pitwall-project.com/img/screenshots/engineerinaction.jpg

http://www.pitwall-project.com/

Software costs 15€ i think (at least it did last year......but it doesnt require more than 1 licence for 1 driver and others who connect to that driver. so when you compare prices your software is still cheaper and better ;)
hello,
ah yes, someone had already spoken to me about this system.

But if I understand well: the “team manager” reaches the menu without any intervention of the driver?
It's a little limit with the rules, no? :frown:

Since a few weeks I had the idea to create a module which makes it possible to modify the setup remotely, but not when the car is in race, only during practice for example (setup in real time, asked by driver in TS, or with regard to the temperatures).
If we started to accept modifications during the race, that will pose some problems in my opinion :confused:

oh, thing here is about changing a things instead of a driver. like driver (rfactor speaking) would lead it's HUD to pit menu and then he would change values of his pit settings - tires, fuel, etc....so thing is to make a remote button control. as by the default that buttons are UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT (Arrows, +enter needed) it's aonly a remote keyboard thing so to press some arrow in software (client) and for it to acts on server pc like he pressed that arrow (that's the easiest way of getting it to work.

another part of it is feedback as you have to see current values (like on video when you click on pitwall-project -> engineer you see like they have feedback of on what pit option you are and it's value (ie Tires: Soft ; Fuel: 70L ; ...etc).

so, what we need would be something like remote keyboard (something what a backdoor software can do, but then it would make problems with anti virus), but added to software so it would have only 5 commands - arrows and enter...(or buttons directly from rfactor, eventho i'm not sure how to edit that without using ram) + a viewable feedback also on client version of current menu

Yes I imagine this works in this way, a simulation of the keyboard.
But we need an information feedback to display a copy of the menu on the client, I think that the position of the selector corresponds to a value in RAM. According to this value I know where is the cursor, thus I can “draw” a copy of the menu.

It is sure that this feature would be detected like a keylogger, in any case MotecAdd is already hated by all the anti-viruses lol.
I had problems at the beginning with some users, but now after 4 years of false alerts, everyone knows that I don't make a virus, thus it's not a problem.

This feature seems interesting if it remains in the ligues rules.
I think that I will study it. But before that I have some small things to find in the RAM, like the brake-disc wear for example, for the moment these gauges are disabled when FX detects rfactor server (I found the wear in Race07, therefore I would find in RF…).

+ a viewable feedback also on client version of current menu
This night I found all the data which allows the feedback towards the client (all data of the menu).
Tomorrow I will test the simulation of the keyboard, I already worked in this direction on GPL-Motec for the chat (shortcut to write "Pit Out!" for example...).

Finally I think that this module will be realizable without too much problem, and I hope that will also work for Race07-Series.

hi alekhine,

i was wondering if there is any chance of adding a pit menu option so you could change your driver's pit options over clientFX
I think yes :biggrin:

Attachments

• PitMenuInRemote_test_1.png
    PitMenuInRemote_test_1.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 472
I think yes :biggrin:
thx

But I have just tested with the MOD MeganeTrophy, the menu is different, I can choose the tires for each wheel, not only front/back by pair.
The additional problem it is that the index of line for each tire is different from “Front Tires” and “Rear Tires”.

Actually it would be necessary that I create a list of 25 labels (approx) to be compatible with all the mods. Only some lines would be usable in one mod, and some lines would be common for all mods.
This solution is not esthetics, but perhaps that there is another solution, I will seek...

if you need any help with testing stuff contact me
Thanks, I think that tomorrow it will be ready for first tests.
I added 4 labels to correspond with wheel-by-wheel change (Megane for example).

The other useless labels are seen but it is not a problem because we cannot select it when we clicks on the arrows. The selector goes directly from “Rear Right Tire” to “Damage” in this precise example. There is thus no risk that the pilot can modify values when the game does not authorize it...

PitMenuInRemote_&#116.jpg

Hi,i have purchased and installed version 1.0.0.3 but i can't get the in-car hud to show? When i install d3d9 file in C:\Program Files\rFactor\d3d9.dll
It won't allow me to launch rfactor. When i remove the d3d9.dll from it's location? rfactor launches just fine.
Dualview runs and shows tyre temps etc fine but i don't use 2 monitors hence i need DX in-car hud.
What am i missing?
Any help will be most appreciated.

Hi,i have purchased and installed version 1.0.0.3 but i can't get the in-car hud to show? When i install d3d9 file in C:\Program Files\rFactor\d3d9.dll
It won't allow me to launch rfactor. When i remove the d3d9.dll from it's location? rfactor launches just fine.
Dualview runs and shows tyre temps etc fine but i don't use 2 monitors hence i need DX in-car hud.
What am i missing?
Any help will be most appreciated.

hello,

What to explain you occurs in two principal cases:
- DirectX9 is not installed. (LINK)
- Or your anti-virus blocks the DLL (rFactor crash when it load the dll at start).

I hope these infos help you.

Alek.

Good morning,

Some time ago we bought a full MotecAdd License.

Now, we are working on a advanced engineer data adquisition and real time monitoring PC system for Professional drivers trainning sessions.

We have send a E - Mail to Contact@veloceprod.fr for request a new license for our new machine, becouse with the present one, it give us a error.

In another hand, we want know (If you are able to explain) how we can connect both PC's for network comunication and finally what we need to do for a good and working on configuration. We have some VeloceProd manual but it doesn't show those aspects.

Like aditional information, the simulator PC has Windows 7 - 64 Bits and the engineer ones, Windows Vista 64 Bits.

Waiting your answer or contact: ecsimhardware@gmail.com

Thank you so much.

Best regards.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back