rFactor 2 Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing ISI dont have to worry about really is physics. They know they have that pretty much pegged, so its just nice to see that alot of effort is being put into making it look the dogs nuts!!

I`m REALLY looking forward to this game (sorry...SIM) now!

Is not this a good or a bad game.
And we all know that we do not see the flags during the race blaze.
They are unnecessary, just across the incumbent, the game is causing the stuttering additions.
What will happen to the game system requirements?
:bad:

Computer hardware has moved light years from what it was when rFactor was released... a higher standard of graphics is bound to be expected. I can guarantee you no-one will be complaining if rF2 has infinitely better graphics than rF1 (which I'm sure it will).

When such a little show when the video was of such poor information, it is not a marketing concept, but is a suspicion that the game does not work smoothly, without problems. I'm skeptical and I suspect that there are major problems around the rFactor2...

carTOON;676543 said:
When such a little show when the video was of such poor information, it is not a marketing concept, but is a suspicion that the game does not work smoothly, without problems. I'm skeptical and I suspect that there are major problems around the rFactor2...

I think you are missing the point here, first this is showing development, so is not representative of the final product, secondly i think showing us a video of some the effects that are being worked on is fantastic and far better than just a line on a forum saying that they are currently working on heat haze effects - if a picture paints a thousand words, then a video...well you can see where the logic leads... :tongue:

thirdly, how can you say that the game will not work smoothly based on a wip video?

I dont judge book by its covers. Driving physics and online functionality are the most important factors to me in a racing game.
Ill wait see and how rFactor 2 turns out when its released hopefully in first half of the year 2011.

wil1o;676622 said:
I think you are missing the point here, first this is showing development, so is not representative of the final product, secondly i think showing us a video of some the effects that are being worked on is fantastic and far better than just a line on a forum saying that they are currently working on heat haze effects - if a picture paints a thousand words, then a video...well you can see where the logic leads... :tongue:

thirdly, how can you say that the game will not work smoothly based on a wip video?

I know how to work a lot and congratulations. :)
But did you ever see a video showing the cars during the race? You do not suspect that the absence of such videos? Why would hold a secret? This is not something NASA, or UFO, CIA or something. This is just a game which many people expect...:turtle:

carTOON;676638 said:
I know how to work a lot and congratulations. :)
But did you ever see a video showing the cars during the race? You do not suspect that the absence of such videos? Why would hold a secret? This is not something NASA, or UFO, CIA or something. This is just a game which many people expect...:turtle:

Am I suspicious about the absence of videos showing cars racing? In a word - no. As far as I am concerned ISI will present us with these when they feel they have something worth showing us in the community. At the moment we are getting videos showing rain effects and heat haze effects and runs around 1 race track. Also screen shots showing various graphical effects, etc. There is no conspiracy here - rf2 will be ready when it's ready - if we pressure them into releasing it before they are completely happy then I am sure there will be community members lambasting them for doing so - patience is all that is required at this point - nothing more...:)

oh and one more thing - according to ISI the stuttering in the video is caused by the compression used to create the video not the effects themselves causing a slowdown of framerate:wink: - see thread here - http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/372-rFactor-2-WIP-Heat-Haze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back