1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rFactor 2 update (build 85) released!

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Ole Marius Myrvold, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Finally a new build is here. Only torrents so far.

Personally currently downloading everything, and will give it a go! :)

Will be interesting to see. They have added DRS rules and control options for that as well!
    • Like Like x 5
  2. So for those of us with b69, it's quite ok to just update to b85 via ingame updater?
  3. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

@David Ignjatovic That's not possible yet. Only way to update tonight is the torrent.
  4. That's cool, but it seems like a big update, so I was wondering if ingame can handle the whole lot:)
  5. Anyone else having problems with headlights? I turn them on and it makes no difference?? :unsure:
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Small typo in the readme. It should be Formula Master and not Formula Masters. Common mistake though :)
  7. source
  8. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

9. I have downloaded all the torrents and installed Build 85 and now when I start RF2 I get the Rf2 has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution box. I dont have a clue what to do next. Ive rebooted.

10. I had a mod called "1960s world class racing+all tracks v0.7" that was causing problems. I removed it via the mod manager and that fixed it. I had the same problem you are describing.

The graphics are making some very nice improvements. I'm actually quite surprised. I've only tried the 370Z so far and am loving it. Awesome job so far ISI. :thumbsup:
  11. After updating all content i had the same problem, I had to disable vmods to fix it

Edit: hehe Jamie beat me by a few seconds :)
  12. How do you disable vmods? I uninstalled 60s mod but still does not work
    Edit: got it working by uninstalling GT mod too because it wasnt updated yet
  13. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

So, it's quite a impactfull update this. Will try it tonight.

Can anyone already give some info on things like performance, shadow bug, FPS, and general feeling?

I also read that they activated the Download Mod function ;) Thats a pro! Really want to try that feature. All in all, I am pretty hopefull with this update. Seems like a big improvement again.
  14. James Maskell

James Maskell
    "Remember the name! Tommy Vercetti!"

Whats the download mod function, not up to date :D. I updated the game, the shadow bug if i think you are talking about the one i think you are hasnt been fixed. Apparently it is the next most important thing on their list to fix, well thats what i read posted on their forums by a staff member.
  15. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Thanks James. As I see, I have a lot of reading to do tonight... Real bad timing for me that I have to go out today. Rather have been in the office, so I could keep up ;)
  16. graphics is a lot better than before and i've got an fps boost too :)
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Great news.
  18. Hmm i try to run the Exe file. But it says you need to place it in the update folder first.
    But its there already?

Edit: I am stupid. Got it.
  19. Hi mate,
    Great improvement on graphics, for me is more beautiful. and cockpit view is a true ... a don't find words... but it's really impressive.
    After rain is weird (big raindrops but far was good effect) and the new effect on trajectory is too bright when you have sun in front (for me). There are no reflection for headlight and taillight. And lateral's mirrors bug for few cars (F3, megane, GT)
    But in general, this was a major step forward.

F1 was great mod, with DRS ;)
  20. Bruno Sousa Ferreira

Bruno Sousa Ferreira
    Strategy Mister!

I get the same thing does anyone have this problem aswell, I cannot see why it should stop working.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.