rFactor 2 Toban Raceway Park and Howston Dissenter Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Image Space Incorporated have released two new pieces of content for rFactor 2 in the form of the 1974 Howston Dissenter and popular rFactor 1 track Toban Raceway Park.

While ISI have been busy showing off plenty of sneak peak images relating to the return of rF1 classic Toban for the last few weeks, perhaps the biggest surprise relating to today's new content release is the 1974 spec Howston Dissenter classic stockcar. The Howston was one of the very first image renders shown by ISI way back in 2012 and makes its much delayed debut in the sim today.

Coming in both road course and speedway configurations, the '74 Dissenter is a reasonably powerful low grip addition to the title that should give drivers an interesting challenge when driven at it's limit.

Featuring a straight-cut 4-speed manual transmission with a wide power band offering ample torque to keep you on your toes, the new addition to ISI's stable of home grown content should provide a satisfying driving experience, while at the same time the reasonably forgiving characteristics of the car could well encourage some nice close online racing.

On the circuit front fan favourite Toban Raceway Park has been totally reworked and updated for it;s debut in rFactor 2. Featuring all the usual goodies such as realroad and graphical improvements like upgraded marshals and enhancements to almost every aspect of the circuits details, perhaps the most interesting aspect of the new release can be found in the fine details produced by the team over at ISI. Toban rF2 has been aged significantly since it's rFactor 1 days and the signs of a lack of upkeep are evident in the new release.

The track comes with seven configurations (six layouts): Long, Long 24 Hours, Long Reverse, Medium, Medium Reverse, Short and Short Reverse.

rFactor 2 Howston Dissenter.jpg rF2 Toban Raceway Park 2.jpg rF2 Toban Raceway Park 3.jpg rF2 Toban Raceway Park.jpg rF2 Howston Dissenter 2.jpg rF2 Howston Dissenter 3.jpg rF2 Howston Dissenter.jpg

Don't forget to check out exclusive interview with ISI and have a look at our rFactor 2 Racing Club right here on RaceDepartment.

Glad to see the classic Toban Raceway brought "up to date" in rFactor 2? How does the Howston feel? What do you think of the new content? Let us know in the comments section below!

Throttle response, grip recovery, weight transfer, momentum it's all there, really felt like high powered, heavy car on bias ply tires. Well done ISI, it's all coming together. Now, more historic content. :thumbsup:

I still prefer the rF version to be honest, looks more halive than this one. The car is fabulous!!!

Not very happy about the looks. Toban was t h e track for me in rF1 but honestly this just looks really bad. I don't know if it looks decent when everything maxed out but here is how it looks on my pc.

Settings:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B17D_jHma1bfYjBRUExjOVFHUzA/view?usp=sharing
How it looks:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B17D_jHma1bfMEdwNmNJLVRQbzQ/view?usp=sharing

Howston is fun and the endless progression around the limit of grip makes driving and toying really easy. The car doesn't do any nasty surprises.

• Deleted member 130869

Put on environment reflection, shadows to high, and on video res tab, make sure it's at least on Level 6. It can look sharp and good from up-close, despite my dislike of the curb crack texture, but from far away it is not the greatest.

Put on environment reflection, shadows to high, and on video res tab, make sure it's at least on Level 6. It can look sharp and good from up-close, despite my dislike of the curb crack texture, but from far away it is not the greatest.

Can you buy me a 980Ti so I would be able to do that? :)

Already struggling with framerates. Can't even dream of some fps killer settings like high shadows, high AA , high reflections or HDR.

Nice, but as usual it's like driving on ice, totally useless to me.

I offer the below while ignoring your "as usual" comment, which indicates that you believe all ISI vehicles feel like driving on ice in which case you have no business trying a car like this if you already feel like everything else is like driving on ice so you are either naive or intentionally trolling.

So the following is for people who sincerely find this vehicle challenging...

Like many IRL historic vehicles, this car is a handful for sure so unless you are a historic vehicle fan may just not be for you. Some things to try if you are struggling:
  • try with some rubber build up
  • slow down if you are not getting sufficient traction in front
  • this vehicle is, like many historic vehicles, a handful and requires significant skill to enjoy
This vehicle is NOT unmanageable in the least as you can see from the video of my first attempt at Lester on Race Tube.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.