rFactor 2 Toban Raceway Park and Howston Dissenter Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Image Space Incorporated have released two new pieces of content for rFactor 2 in the form of the 1974 Howston Dissenter and popular rFactor 1 track Toban Raceway Park.

While ISI have been busy showing off plenty of sneak peak images relating to the return of rF1 classic Toban for the last few weeks, perhaps the biggest surprise relating to today's new content release is the 1974 spec Howston Dissenter classic stockcar. The Howston was one of the very first image renders shown by ISI way back in 2012 and makes its much delayed debut in the sim today.

Coming in both road course and speedway configurations, the '74 Dissenter is a reasonably powerful low grip addition to the title that should give drivers an interesting challenge when driven at it's limit.

Featuring a straight-cut 4-speed manual transmission with a wide power band offering ample torque to keep you on your toes, the new addition to ISI's stable of home grown content should provide a satisfying driving experience, while at the same time the reasonably forgiving characteristics of the car could well encourage some nice close online racing.

On the circuit front fan favourite Toban Raceway Park has been totally reworked and updated for it;s debut in rFactor 2. Featuring all the usual goodies such as realroad and graphical improvements like upgraded marshals and enhancements to almost every aspect of the circuits details, perhaps the most interesting aspect of the new release can be found in the fine details produced by the team over at ISI. Toban rF2 has been aged significantly since it's rFactor 1 days and the signs of a lack of upkeep are evident in the new release.

The track comes with seven configurations (six layouts): Long, Long 24 Hours, Long Reverse, Medium, Medium Reverse, Short and Short Reverse.

rFactor 2 Howston Dissenter.jpg rF2 Toban Raceway Park 2.jpg rF2 Toban Raceway Park 3.jpg rF2 Toban Raceway Park.jpg rF2 Howston Dissenter 2.jpg rF2 Howston Dissenter 3.jpg rF2 Howston Dissenter.jpg

Don't forget to check out exclusive interview with ISI and have a look at our rFactor 2 Racing Club right here on RaceDepartment.

Glad to see the classic Toban Raceway brought "up to date" in rFactor 2? How does the Howston feel? What do you think of the new content? Let us know in the comments section below!

So if you have a Spa version with a medieval castle as pit would be ok for you?
Also I will let notice you we talked about modelling proper surrounds for better immersion and even better performances (when possible)
You are taking an extreme example there.
No it would not be OK, like using a snowman as the marshall , or a bouncy castle or a kids pool as the marshalling posts, or a sunbathing couple on a sand pit. All quite silly.
However it's not the same. One is a completely inappropriate structure the other is one that is appropriate but not sound from an architectural engineering point of view. One is worth bothering about.

Because of you are totally missing the point and trying to justify something which don`t look right to guy (Guillier) who has passion to tracks and rFactor2. Is architecture important, not really to many of us but still Guiller has right.
Hmm, when you take time and effort trying to make Guillier look like an idiot and claim "Guys its a driving sim" but don`t answer to me what is your opinion about Houston Dissenter makes you narrow mined "Fanboy" in my mind.:sick::p
How can I miss the point? the point is very clear, I mean he wrote paragraphs detailing the engineering issues. It's just that its absurd in my view. He has every right to think and say these views. I however reserve equally my rights to find it hilarious.

I don't have to answer your question about a car. There are matters which I have strong positive opinions on, matters that I have strong negative opinions on and matters on which I am ambivalent. The fact that you don't like an aspect of a car I haven't even driven is of not enough interest to me to answer. Particularly when the way you ask the question is so loaded with criticism and sarcasm. eg ..
"Take one more beer and let us know you thoughts also about why Houston Dissenter is released without realistic clutch/tranny/engine model and why have one more unfinished car in rFactor2.
Rf2 is driving sim isn't it.
:coffee::giggle::roflmao:"
Now loaded with nothing but the fact that I had a giggle at this absurd architectural focus you start to call me names.
I owe you nothing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back