rFactor 2 Screenshots

are there any tricks used to get the visuals at their best? Maybe an AA injecter or are these all just normal shots? They look far more impressive than what mine looks like, and mine looks nice as it is. What about super sampling? Just curious on how to get the best from it.

No, no injectors of any kind used with rf2, mostly just unedited (normal) shots from in game.

I`ll sometimes adjust the lighting a bit as I did in these two shots above but that`s all.

If any other type of editing is done such as motion blur etc it`s obvious it`s been edited but I`ll usually say anyway.

SuperSampling is at 8x in my nvidia CP. :)

I run it on an ATI card, and what made the most difference in terms of my shots, and those from Lee and TJC, is HDR. Once I turned that one, I got the same effect in the pictures as they have, the "real" feel in them.
IF I edit the shots, I just put an overlay over it, in 10 - 20% visibility. It gives the color a bit more dept. Did that the first time on the F1 edition I posted here, but there it had a larger visibility. So, to see what it does, check those screenshots. 1 page back I think.

Further nothing is edited, just in game shots.

Reactions: tjc
Some Clio shots. Again, only a minor color adjustment. First picture is posted twice, first without, second with color adjustment.

rfactor2201207082002441.jpg

clio5ng.jpg

clio4n.jpg

clio3n.jpg

clio2e.jpg

clio1e.jpg

I believe the headlight bug is track related, at Mid-Ohio they did not work, at Monaco they did work so I believe its a track texture bug that they are working on.

My screenshots are only edited with tone, contrast and colour to correct rF2s ridiculous settings. Such a shame they have decided to use these horrible colour settings as it make it look poor, my screenshots with the corrected settings I believe looks great, a lot more "true" and like iRacing. For me, the detail is not important, it just needs to be crisp and clear.

Ahh right... track specific bug. I`ll try the Clio`s out on Monaco then to see if they work for me there.

The colours in rf2 are a bit over saturated atm but I think ISI will get this sorted up with time.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. :)

Did somebody try using SG-SSAA? I tried 8x SG-SSAA in WoW the other day but haven't had time to try using it in rF2. Would be great to know if it's any good in rF2 since in WoW it's making everything extremely blurry.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.